You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:43 pm

lau03143 wrote:And all these teams are from the biggest cities with the most fans, with the most financial clout in the early days. Money has and always will be the deciding factor. Don't kid yourself we haven't "bought" success as over the years we've spent a shit load on players and wages.

If any team has got visions of challenging the top. They must attract then spend money, and it doesn't matter where that money Comes from.

Its really about putting yourself on the same level as the Man U's, Madrid's, Barca's, Milan's and Bayern's of the world. Do these clubs have money? Yes, but what separates them from the rest is their history. When kids talk about great European clubs these come to mind almost anywhere on the globe. While clubs like PSG and Man C may look like they are on the rise but can easily fall into mediocrity. I feel like Chelsea have done a good job and getting to that higher level but lets see what happens in the next couple decades. The most important thing for a club is not how good they are when they are on top but how they recover after being in the bottom for so long and they clubs i mentioned have been proven to stand the test if time.....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby AssemFCB » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:45 pm

The main problem with teams like Liverpool, Chelsea, City, Monaco, PSG, Zenit and Anzhi is that they inflate the market with their poor transfer strategies. When someone like Joleon Lescott costs $25M, the lesser clubs place similar prices on their player in order to ward off bigger teams. Obviously, this isn't a direct problem to Bayern, since our scouting team isn't a 12 year old with FIFA 13, but it's still pretty annoying.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:19 pm

AssemFCB wrote:The main problem with teams like Liverpool, Chelsea, City, Monaco, PSG, Zenit and Anzhi is that they inflate the market with their poor transfer strategies. When someone like Joleon Lescott costs $25M, the lesser clubs place similar prices on their player in order to ward off bigger teams. Obviously, this isn't a direct problem to Bayern, since our scouting team isn't a 12 year old with FIFA 13, but it's still pretty annoying.

First of all LIVERPOOL! Plz let me have what your smoking! :P

Second of all Lescott is a bad example since EPL teams will go above and beyond actually scratch that they would scratch the devils balls just to get the next english "talent".(Downing 20m, Zaha 17m, Henderson 25m, Carrol 30m, Milner 20m+ , and etc) Only an EPL teams would pay ridiculous amounts for average to mediocre player. But i get what you mean when slightly above players like Hulk are goin for €50m or even Man C's recent transfers like Negredo for £28m it greatly inflates the market. Its already evident in transfer sagas such as Cavani's, Pastore, and Hazard how smaller clubs are starting to become a lot more greedy. Especially Brazilian clubs such as Santos(Neymar 57m) and Sao Paulo(Lucas 45m) they have become a lot more stingy these past couple years.....

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:36 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
AssemFCB wrote:The main problem with teams like Liverpool, Chelsea, City, Monaco, PSG, Zenit and Anzhi is that they inflate the market with their poor transfer strategies. When someone like Joleon Lescott costs $25M, the lesser clubs place similar prices on their player in order to ward off bigger teams. Obviously, this isn't a direct problem to Bayern, since our scouting team isn't a 12 year old with FIFA 13, but it's still pretty annoying.

First of all LIVERPOOL! Plz let me have what your smoking! :P

Second of all Lescott is a bad example since EPL teams will go above and beyond actually scratch that they would scratch the devils balls just to get the next english "talent".(Downing 20m, Zaha 17m, Henderson 25m, Carrol 30m, Milner 20m+ , and etc) Only an EPL teams would pay ridiculous amounts for average to mediocre player. But i get what you mean when slightly above players like Hulk are goin for €50m or even Man C's recent transfers like Negredoh for £28m it greatly inflates the market. Its already evident in transfer sagas such as Cavani's, Pastore, and Hazard how smaller clubs are starting to become a lot more greedy. Especially Brazilian clubs such as Santos(Neymar 57m

Liverpool have a long tradition in ftball you shouldn t look at them now. They have won
the ch league for 6 times . They deaerve respect
) and Sao Paulo(Lucas 45m) they have become a lot more stingy these couple years.....
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:51 pm

Look at this. All the strikers they've bought in the last few seasons.

:| :| :| :| :| :| #-o
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby tflags » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:47 am

Wasn't Tevez the top goal scorer that season? And Aguero "saved" Mancini's neck on the last minute cliffhanger; decided the championship all by himself. I don't think they did bad at all with those two imho.

Jovetic and Negredo appear to be very good purchases also; beats the hell out of investing 60m for Cavani imo.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:39 am

Fun Fact: P$G, A$ Mona€o and Man€hester €ity have spent a total of €330,000,000 this transfer window so far.... #-o #-o #-o

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Impact » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:01 pm

Ruht wrote:Booo I don't like United! :D Good to have you on the forum though, always nice to have some diversity. This may be a conversation for "English football" but how do you rate Moyes mate? Pretty huge change from Ferguson in my opinion, to go to a guy who's not won anything and has no experience in a team like this. You can answer me in the other topic so we don't derail this one though :D

To answer the first question, Moyes is definitely different from Ferguson who stacked strikers and tried to play mostly through the middle. Moyes likes to play to the flanks and you can tell from both the pre season games.
I have no doubt that Moyes can succeed at United but he wasn't my first choice to be honest. Trophies will come as the team improves so I'm not really worried about that right now. I think he should focus on getting the Champions League and FA Cup back before the league so it could help us increase our attractiveness so situations like the Thiago, Lucas Moura, and Hazard fiascoes don't happen.
Impact
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ruht » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:07 pm

Impact wrote:
Ruht wrote:Booo I don't like United! :D Good to have you on the forum though, always nice to have some diversity. This may be a conversation for "English football" but how do you rate Moyes mate? Pretty huge change from Ferguson in my opinion, to go to a guy who's not won anything and has no experience in a team like this. You can answer me in the other topic so we don't derail this one though :D

To answer the first question, Moyes is definitely different from Ferguson who stacked strikers and tried to play mostly through the middle. Moyes likes to play to the flanks and you can tell from both the pre season games.
I have no doubt that Moyes can succeed at United but he wasn't my first choice to be honest. Trophies will come as the team improves so I'm not really worried about that right now. I think he should focus on getting the Champions League and FA Cup back before the league so it could help us increase our attractiveness so situations like the Thiago, Lucas Moura, and Hazard fiascoes don't happen.

Cheers for that. I believe this season will be really tough for you guys, especially if you don't strengthen the team much. The Fabregas deal is just a smokescreen in my opinion, really can't see him leaving Barcelona at this point. It will be interesting to see how the fans will deal with Moyes if you lose points at the start. The tough schedule you have really didn't help you either. One thing that can help though is probably the fact that Chelsea will be many peoples' favourites so the expectations will be slightly lower :D
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Impact » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:44 pm

Ruht wrote:
Impact wrote:

Cheers for that. I believe this season will be really tough for you guys, especially if you don't strengthen the team much. The Fabregas deal is just a smokescreen in my opinion, really can't see him leaving Barcelona at this point. It will be interesting to see how the fans will deal with Moyes if you lose points at the start. The tough schedule you have really didn't help you either. One thing that can help though is probably the fact that Chelsea will be many peoples' favourites so the expectations will be slightly lower :D

I think honestly think Chelsea could run away with the league this year, and maybe challenge for Champions League. There squad has too much talent, much like Bayern. Even their Youth Teams have future world beaters. Will Man United comeback yes, we're the comeback kings after all, do I see it happening anytime soon with our midfield in shambles and no progress being made to fix it, no, not really.
Impact
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Chalant » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:51 pm

Impact wrote:
I think honestly think Chelsea could run away with the league this year, and maybe challenge for Champions League. There squad has too much talent, much like Bayern. Even their Youth Teams have future world beaters. Will Man United comeback yes, we're the comeback kings after all, do I see it happening anytime soon with our midfield in shambles and no progress being made to fix it, no, not really.

They won't run away, but they are the favourites, and for good reason. But Man Utd should go for Fellaini, they need somene like that in midfield. Javi Martinez made the difference in crucial matches for us.
Emre CAN do it.
Chalant
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby Impact » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:54 pm

Chalant wrote:
Impact wrote:

They won't run away, but they are the favourites, and for good reason. But Man Utd should go for Fellaini, they need somene like that in midfield. Javi Martinez made the difference in crucial matches for us.

I'm not very fond of Fellani, there's better options for that price range.
Impact
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Ruht » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:38 pm

I feel like you may end up with Fellaini and Cabaye. Eriksen is not a bad alternative as well, though I don't think he is as good as he thinks he is.
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Impact » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:59 pm

Ruht wrote:I feel like you may end up with Fellaini and Cabaye. Eriksen is not a bad alternative as well, though I don't think he is as good as he thinks he is.

I'd take any midfielder over not getting one, Eriksen seems set on either Liverpool or somewhere in either Serie A or La Liga.
Impact
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:57 pm

City are also good candidates for the title with Pellegrini.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe