You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby JANCKER » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:21 pm

Call it uncompetitiveness because Bayern is strong... why didn't you call the Spanish league uncompetitive when Barca or Real dominated? Or the English when MUFC dominated?
There are teams in every domestic league that are too strong for a period of time, then what is expected from that team? To win the CL, simple as that.
I tip Barca to defend the CL title this year... maybe Enrique* can do what Pep couldn't. :P

* the not good enough manager for Roma
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby #12 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:36 pm

Well, maybe his mission was to make Barca overtake us in number of titles won in the first place? :P :D :mrgreen: :lol:
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby pyrasur » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:44 pm

Do you see anyone calling la Liga competitive? Are you really gonna act like the Premier League is uncompetitive? I swear to God Jancker it drives me up the wall that you plant words in my mouth or change the point of the argument so you can continue to get in cheap shots at Guardiola. We are talking about why foreign fans are attracted to the Premier League vice the Bundesliga dude! Sorry!
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby JANCKER » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:57 pm

Why? Because BuLi lacks hype, the Italian league has more hype than BuLi.
You mentioned Neverkusen, it's because of them that Germany lacks foreign fans, I don't know what are they doing in the first league, let alone in the CL... they're a disgrace for Germany and if I was the DFB president I'd relegate them in the 2nd league without further explanation.
You're giving cheap shots to the entire league because of Pep, that's why...
Money plays a big role, we don't lag behind the English league that much, taking in consideration how much money they spend.
Players leaving BuLi for other leagues of Europe is another problem, that also has to do with money so that's why we can't attract too many foreigners to follow BuLi.
The "English" PL is staying a step ahead of us thanks to the oil money injected there... good for them.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby #12 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:18 am

I think parasur is making valid points here... But the thing is: most money the PL generates in broadcasting contracts is still coming out of GB! And they have like 20m less population than Germany... I still think German nature, quirks, and habits play a huge role... We are not the most enthusiastic folk when it comes to spending money (some people say wrt to other stuff as well :P :D)... And there'S the "Sportschau", an institution securing game recaps only one hour after the games have ended... And for many people that's enough, so Sky is just a nice to have rather than a must... Sportschau is partly the reason stadiums are full and enthusiasm is outstanding - but it's also the reason broadcsting grossing is relatively low... One of the reasons, among others (like GB having more than one real pay tv provider, the public service broadcasting and so on...)
Competitiveness might play a role for some fans to refrain from subscribing to sky - but it's not the only or the main reason IMHO - Bayern games are still - by far - the most-watched games (I can provide a source if needed...)...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:38 am

Which are the teams from England that attract most fans? Oil clubs... no oil clubs no glory. :P
Liverpool doesn't attract that many fans lately, do they? Maybe they do more than most BuLi teams because of their history and the 2005 CL.
Kim Jong-un is a fan of Rooney and MUFC.
But I still have to disagree on the competitiveness, Arsenal won the league without a single defeat, nobody called the league uncompetitive.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby pyrasur » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:57 am

#12 wrote:I think parasur is making valid points here... But the thing is: most money the PL generates in broadcasting contracts is still coming out of GB! And they have like 20m less population than Germany... I still think German nature, quirks, and habits play a huge role... We are not the most enthusiastic folk when it comes to spending money (some people say wrt to other stuff as well :P :D)... And there'S the "Sportschau", an institution securing game recaps only one hour after the games have ended... And for many people that's enough, so Sky is just a nice to have rather than a must... Sportschau is partly the reason stadiums are full and enthusiasm is outstanding - but it's also the reason broadcsting grossing is relatively low... One of the reasons, among others (like GB having more than one real pay tv provider, the public service broadcasting and so on...)
Competitiveness might play a role for some fans to refrain from subscribing to sky - but it's not the only or the main reason IMHO - Bayern games are still - by far - the most-watched games (I can provide a source if needed...)...

I'm sorry, I don't understand how that relates to the popularity of the league outside of Germany. I can understand why a lot of Germans would bandwagon on Bayern, though I've always been impressed by the number of Germans who remain fans of their respective hometown clubs.

In my opinion, the best case for the Bundesliga against any other league for most foreigners is the national team (either the brand of football or some weird fascination with the country). You'll get the occasional fan attracted to the fan atmosphere in Germany or the type of football Dormund, Bayern, or Gladbach play. But still way easier to watch in English an actual title race.
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby albanian7 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:05 am

pyrasur wrote:
#12 wrote:I think parasur is making valid points here... But the thing is: most money the PL generates in broadcasting contracts is still coming out of GB! And they have like 20m less population than Germany... I still think German nature, quirks, and habits play a huge role... We are not the most enthusiastic folk when it comes to spending money (some people say wrt to other stuff as well :P :D)... And there'S the "Sportschau", an institution securing game recaps only one hour after the games have ended... And for many people that's enough, so Sky is just a nice to have rather than a must... Sportschau is partly the reason stadiums are full and enthusiasm is outstanding - but it's also the reason broadcsting grossing is relatively low... One of the reasons, among others (like GB having more than one real pay tv provider, the public service broadcasting and so on...)

I'm sorry, I don't understand how that relates to the popularity of the league outside of Germany. I can understand why a lot of Germans would bandwagon on Bayern, though I've always been impressed by the number of Germans who remain fans of their respective hometown clubs.

In my opinion, the best case for the Bundesliga against any other league for most foreigners is the national team (either the brand of football or some weird fascination with the country). You'll get the occasional fan attracted to the fan atmosphere in Germany or the type of football Dormund, Bayern, or Gladbach play. But still way easier to watch in English an actual title race.

What title race?

Last year it was Chelsea, this year it's Man City. We knew the winner in August in 2014, we knew it in August 2015 too. And surprise, it's the team that spent the most money

Thank God Stevie slipped in 2014 and made the whole thing very interesting.

The good old days of the big four challenging for the title till the last matchday are gone. In the best case, it's between two teams
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby pyrasur » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:15 am

Then maybe they're attracted to the fact the league has a different winner every year. Who knows? :coffee: You must have made a lot of money in Vegas betting on the Premier League ;)
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby JANCKER » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:26 pm

If Bayern fails to win the CL, it goes in favor to BuLi uncompetitiveness talk.
From our last game in the CL, they'll say:
Forever 4th place in PL > Forever 1st place in BuLi
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby tflags » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:26 pm

The problem with English clubs is not who owns those teams but rather who runs them. They will keep making life on the rest of the leagues miserable with those sky high offers and for Bayern to keep they roster winning the CL or break their business model on TV revenues is imperative. And this is even before thinking about reinforcing the squad for the new season.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCB general » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:04 pm

Bilić can win at home! No more and no less but Chelsea this time! 8)

One more to go :arrow: Manchester United!
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:04 pm

FCB general wrote:Image

Bilić can win at home! No more and no less but Chelsea this time! 8)

One more to go :arrow: Manchester United!

I went for a nap leaving the score 1-1.... And woke up to this...
Amazing... I always check the tm formation of WH so I can count how many of the starters of any matchday were present when my tm defeated them in the Europa League... To my surprise there are always like 5+:eek:
For ex. Today there were 7....:shock:
Well done... Surely my prophecy is not going to happen when from my balcony I shouted to two open buses full of hammers that they are going to see the drop :eek:Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:09 pm

Jose Mourinho Jose Mourinho ... What do you have to say hhaahha The refs hate you . Today Matic was sent off ...

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:30 pm

Yesterday I read something about Nemanja Matić and his leading role in rebellion against Jose Mourinho. :)

Mourinho can't win 5-6 games in row and buy peace at Stamford Bridge. Unfortunately for him, problems just keep raising as the time runs forward.

I guess he has 8 more matches to fix things or he's out. I always see matchday 20 as a crucial time for everyone on the top, i.e. on the bottom of the table.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe