You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby pyrasur » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:22 pm

We are kidding ourselves if we think Bayern don't poach the best Bundesliga players from our competitors. That is not a viewed shared by other fans of German football. The English language thing is a major reason the EPL is popular in America at least, additionally there's not a anti-German bias per se but to most Americans Germany doesn't mean anything. And for sport, you'd have to be pretty hipster to pick a team other than Bayern, or have gone on exchange to another German city. Bayern just has too much money and wins too often.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby JANCKER » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:36 pm

Bayern didn't get where it is by wealth from 3rd parties or whatever, they're deservedly where they are... Bayern didn't make the rules. True, they grew too strong for the league and they're one of the top 3 clubs in Europe so...
Nothing was reached overnight here. Bayern as other teams from Germany suffered and still suffers today but less from the money injected to other clubs from some "I don't know what to do with my money so let's throw it on football" personalities.
Bayern didn't set those trends and they resisted as much as they could and still do to survive and not only in this crazy football world were gazillions are spent.
BVB used to spend big, more than Bayern... but it didn't end well for them, Bayern had to lend them money so they wouldn't bankrupt. :P
Una palabra no dice nada y al mismo tiempo lo esconde todo, igual que el viento esconde el agua, como las flores que esconden lodo. Una mirada no dice nada y al mismo tiempo lo dice todo, como la lluvia sobre tu cara o el viejo mapa de algun tesoro.
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby pyrasur » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:36 am

That's all beside the point. :coffee: I'm just explaining why overseas fans aren't as attracted to the great football on display in Germany and prefer the English soap opera.
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:55 am

Well, maybe so, but everyone with a wider perspective would now two things:

1.) If Götze and Lewa hadn't come here they would've left for foreign teams the same (Lewa) year, or a year after therir original move (Götze)

2.) If a club like Bayern are not competing for said players - even more so coming from their own league - then they would openly admit to being a subject for trolling themselves ;)
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby pyrasur » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:19 pm

You are still justifying something that is completely besides the point. Whether Bayern are justified has no bearing on the attractiveness of the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby JANCKER » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:25 pm

If the league wasn't attractive, there wouldn't be such attendance in stadiums.
Una palabra no dice nada y al mismo tiempo lo esconde todo, igual que el viento esconde el agua, como las flores que esconden lodo. Una mirada no dice nada y al mismo tiempo lo dice todo, como la lluvia sobre tu cara o el viejo mapa de algun tesoro.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby pyrasur » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:35 pm

I didn't know foreign attendance is so high in the Bundesliga! Look I'm not saying it's unattractive. But tbh it's not like Germans are going to attend Premier League games. Especially when it's so expensive, which is a mark of high demand.

pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Tedesco » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:38 pm

pyrasur wrote:I didn't know foreign attendance is so high in the Bundesliga! Look I'm not saying it's unattractive. But tbh it's not like Germans are going to attend Premier League games. Especially when it's so expensive, which is a mark of high demand.

Following that logic, Bayern and BVB could be charging 500€ per ticket and still sell out every match.
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:41 pm

pyrasur wrote:You are still justifying something that is completely besides the point. Whether Bayern are justified has no bearing on the attractiveness of the league.

True. But: How would the league be more attractive if two of its main attractions would play in England rather than Germany, and Bayern would still dominate in the same way? :D

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:42 pm

I think Italians have higher ticket prices than Germans, but I don't think they have demand problems... half empty stadiums. In France tickets aren't that expensive, still half empty stadiums.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby #12 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:46 pm

**** lucky ducks... Every **** time... #-o :x

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:04 pm

#12 wrote:**** lucky ducks... Every **** time... #-o :x

Twice in a row...:evil:

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pyrasur » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:50 pm

There's economic theory. And then there's what the Italians do. :lol:

Whatever I'm pretty done with the point, especially if we are gonna keep talking circles. "But but Bayern are one of three clubs that are too big for any league" doesn't change the fact that the Bundesliga has become considered too small for Bayern. Champions League is the mark for our coach, shows that we are a big club but also shows that Bundesliga doesn't mean much to our fans. Also doesn't change that Bayern have made it a one team league and I think only Bayern fans would think differently. You only have to check the Arsenal v Bayern thread to see that some fans consider Arsenal the only decent team we've faced so far. Not even good, just decent. Dortmund and Leverkusen are considered nothing. If so there isn't much for foreign fans to watch.
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby JANCKER » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:00 pm

Well, after 2012 and 2013 we were tipped to dominate not only the domestic stage but also the international stage, I don't know what's happening?! :-k
I consider the Spanish league to be the strongest of all, but still 2 teams and most of the time 1 team dominated in 10 years or more there.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby nm462272 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:12 pm

pyrasur wrote:There's economic theory. And then there's what the Italians do. :lol:

Whatever I'm pretty done with the point, especially if we are gonna keep talking circles. "But but Bayern are one of three clubs that are too big for any league" doesn't change the fact that the Bundesliga has become considered too small for Bayern. Champions League is the mark for our coach, shows that we are a big club but also shows that Bundesliga doesn't mean much to our fans. Also doesn't change that Bayern have made it a one team league and I think only Bayern fans would think differently. You only have to check the Arsenal v Bayern thread to see that some fans consider Arsenal the only decent team we've faced so far. Not even good, just decent. Dortmund and Leverkusen are considered nothing. If so there isn't much for foreign fans to watch.

100% agreed. People can't argue on one hand that Arsenal is the only challenge Bayern have faced so far, and then at the same time argue that the league is competitive. Hell, I even read one guy say that the past 2.5 years with Pep have been a "waste", and this had more than one "thanks" on it. THAT is how little the Bundesliga means to people, and how uncompetitive it is at the top.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe