You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:29 pm

If Pep is to leave us...

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:49 pm

He made the right decision, as much as I hate to say it as I hate the PL. I don't think he'd want to make himself a figure of hatred in Dortmund which he would have been if he'd come to us
Lukas
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby Cazorla » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:48 pm

ramsej84 wrote:If Pep is to leave us...

Wenger will be available by then. :coffee:
Cazorla
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:21 pm

It would be a different thing for Wenger to be in charge of a club that doesn't sell all their best players to their biggest rivals. Anyway, Wenger is a coward for not resigning many years before but he isn't the real problem...
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby TheJeff » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:08 pm

JANCKER wrote:It would be a different thing for Wenger to be in charge of a club that doesn't sell all their best players to their biggest rivals. Anyway, Wenger is a coward for not resigning many years before but he isn't the real problem...

Coward for what reason?
The selling days are over for Arsenal which can be seen by the recent purchases of Ozil and Sanchez.
There was a time when Arsene had to balance the books whilst paying off for the new stadium without the cash injection from billionaires.
Now their London rivals Tottenham and Chelsea will go through this transition.. after so many years since Arsenal first began their stadium move.
Wenger has kept Arsenal afloat and I for one admire him.

2013/2014 season:
"Arsenal held 40% of the total cash in the Premier League that season: £208 million against £311 million for all 19 other clubs combined"

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2015/ ... -whys.html
TheJeff
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:22 pm

Just read that Chelsea are to make an offer for Koke...
Apparently Simeone is on his way there too...
I think next summer there will be more changes on the benches than of players.

Mourinho to PSG
Simeone to Chelsea
Ancellotti to Bayern
Guardiola to Man C / Man U
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:05 pm

TheJeff wrote:
JANCKER wrote:It would be a different thing for Wenger to be in charge of a club that doesn't sell all their best players to their biggest rivals. Anyway, Wenger is a coward for not resigning many years before but he isn't the real problem...

Coward for what reason?
The selling days are over for Arsenal which can be seen by the recent purchases of Ozil and Sanchez.
There was a time when Arsene had to balance the books whilst paying off for the new stadium without the cash injection from billionaires.
Now their London rivals Tottenham and Chelsea will go through this transition.. after so many years since Arsenal first began their stadium move.

2013/2014 season:
"Arsenal held 40% of the total cash in the Premier League that season: £208 million against £311 million for all 19 other clubs combined"

He lost a career in Arsenal for money and nothing else... Most fans blame him.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby TheJeff » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:28 pm

JANCKER wrote:
TheJeff wrote:

Coward for what reason?

2013/2014 season:

He lost a career in Arsenal for money and nothing else... Most fans blame him.

Fan bases are always divided, we can clearly see this with Pep.
Could you please expand on your statement: "He lost a career in Arsenal for money and nothing else"?
TheJeff
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membership

Postby JANCKER » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:46 pm

TheJeff wrote:Fan bases are always divided, we can clearly see this with Pep.
Could you please expand on your statement: "He lost a career in Arsenal for money and nothing else"?

He kept on building a team and finding talents just so the club could sell and earn money, how can a coach live like that? He wasted a career there, he could've found a more supportive environment for success elsewhere if he only said 'I had enough of this shit' but he stayed there and received that monthly check which I guess isn't to throw away.
He became the joke of PL without a fault. MUFC and other teams wouldn't have been that successful there if Arsenal was managed differently... Arsenal wasn't real competition to others, they were an academy to other clubs.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:58 pm

Yest I met an arsenal fan who told me that it is thanks to A.W that they were always finishing top 4 given the limited resources. He told me that the new ground was the culprit of a mega debt which hindered arsenal from attracting high profile players... However they always stayed top 4.

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:01 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Yest I met an arsenal fan who told me that it is thanks to A.W that they were always finishing top 4 given the limited resources. He told me that the new ground was the culprit of a mega debt which hindered arsenal from attracting high profile players... However they always stayed top 4.

No one remembers top 4... a coach has to have ambitions. They helped others stay number 1 too... :P
Top 4 means money again, money and money, that's their achievement.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:47 pm

but maybe if another manager was in charge they could have ended up in mid table or even worse...
They were unlucky too in 2006... that RC to Lehmann after just a few minutes...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:52 pm

ramsej84 wrote:They were unlucky too in 2006... that RC to Lehmann after just a few minutes...

That was a different Arsenal. Hmmm he wasted a career there, that's all I'm saying... ambitious coaches leave after the club starts such policies.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby TheJeff » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:06 pm

JANCKER - Let me get this correct.
You are seriously calling Wenger a coward for NOT giving up when faced with a challenge and instead fighting through it?

:lol:

Most of the players which left were mercenaries, they left because of the money.

In my opinion, he would be more of a coward if he done what you suggested, to give up, quit, leave Arsenal and move on to a "easier" project where the club had already gone through the transition, where the teams have already been built, where the finances are already great.

When faced with the storm, Wenger decided to ride it out and I'm glad he did. If it wasn't for him, the Premier League would have been a one horse race until the lads with oil came in.

How else do you get a club to fight against the evil oily clubs?
TheJeff
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membership

Postby JANCKER » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:34 pm

TheJeff wrote:JANCKER - Let me get this correct.
You are seriously calling Wenger a coward for NOT giving up when faced with a challenge and instead fighting through it?

:lol:

Most of the players which left were mercenaries, they left because of the money.

In my opinion, he would be more of a coward if he done what you suggested, to give up, quit, leave Arsenal and move on to a "easier" project where the club had already gone through the transition, where the teams have already been built, where the finances are already great.

When faced with the storm, Wenger decided to ride it out and I'm glad he did. If it wasn't for him, the Premier League would have been a one horse race until the lads with oil came in.

How else do you get a club to fight against the evil oily clubs?

The problem is that Arsenal didn't fight them, selling your best players to them, what kind of fighting is that... Arsenal is the worst rivalry a league can have. The only rival to the oil teams and MUFC is Liverpool and look how are they doing...
He stayed there and gets more blame than praise, it's normal for every coach to leave when the club switches in money-making mode. He won't get those years back anymore, he wasted a career for money cause that's all he got in all those years there.
The coach would get fired if he did bad... why can't a coach leave when a club management is doing bad? :P
They would've fired him if he didn't earn them that 4th place money... the 4th place is all what matters to Arsenal, that's rivalry?
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe