You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby Impact » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:42 am

Arsenal didn't deserve that bad of a beating, the Ref was way too inexperienced. Such is life.
Impact
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:55 am

Impact wrote:Arsenal didn't deserve that bad of a beating, the Ref was way too inexperienced. Such is life.

Your probably right but i couldnt help but feel how badly Arsenal need a top striker like RvP. That wasa type a top striker like RvP would bang in 2 or 3 goals to save Arsenal three points. I cant believe Wenger didnt even bother trying to snatch Benteke....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby CaptainLahm21 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:15 am

Arsenal were torn apart by agbonlahor not benteke which was surprising and united looked good today
CaptainLahm21
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:31 am

Element wrote:Bacary Sagna with a horrible injury
Luckily no brain or spinal cord damage but some bones were broken ( i heard that both collar bones are broken)

I don't why the referee whistled a foul in favour of Arsenal though.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:38 am

BTW, Mertesacker is Arsenal's captain! :shock:
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:44 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:48 pm

MaCk0y wrote:BTW, Mertesacker is Arsenal's captain! :shock:

I think is more surprising he is on the German NT....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:15 pm

MaCk0y wrote:
Element wrote:Bacary Sagna with a horrible injury
Luckily no brain or spinal cord damage but some bones were broken ( i heard that both collar bones are broken)

I don't why the referee whistled a foul in favour of Arsenal though.

May have a speedy recovery ... poor man, he must thank the All Mighty cause it could have been much worse...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Impact » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:22 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
Impact wrote:Arsenal didn't deserve that bad of a beating, the Ref was way too inexperienced. Such is life.

Your probably right but i couldnt help but feel how badly Arsenal need a top striker like RvP. That wasa type a top striker like RvP would bang in 2 or 3 goals to save Arsenal three points. I cant believe Wenger didnt even bother trying to snatch Benteke....

This game showed how much they need Luis Suarez, and a Defensive Mid. Also they're squad depth is terrible. They had only 11 fit first team players :lol:
Impact
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB general » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:36 pm

What a match City - Newcastle (4:0)! Fantastic performance from City. They've got great football demonstrated on the field and one regular goal from Negredo was disallowed. Džeko was really great, but fortune didn't favor him tonight.

One of my most favourite coaches[Pellegrini] promises great entertainment this season in the Premier league. =D>
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby AdepT » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:29 am

It was a good match. Man City were pretty fluid.
Damn, Navas is good! Negredo's goal was offside.
Dzeko should have got a goal.
Newcastle were awful. Making rash challenges and Steven Taylor's foul on Aguero. :lol:
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby lau03143 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:57 pm

I don't think we can judge much from the first round of matches other than Arsenal are crap.

The level of opposition for United, City and Chelsea was shockingly poor.

Sent from my ST18i using Tapatalk 2
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:00 pm

I believe that Man City mean business this yr... Finally they've got a true manager.
I am sure that they will make it past the group stage this yr & will fight till the end for the Premiership along Man U & Chelsea.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:49 pm

Revealed: The Premier League reaches an all-time low of English players

The opening weekend of Premier League fixtures marked an all-time low in terms of the number of Englishmen beginning games at the start of a season. A Guardian study shows two-thirds of those on view in the first round of fixtures were foreign nationals, highlighting the falling number of homegrown players in the top flight.

Back in August 1992, 177 players, or 73.1%, featuring in first-day first XIs held English nationality but this year that figure fell to 75, or 34.1%. This dramatic decrease has left the Premier League trailing Spain's La Liga, Germany Bundesliga, Italy's Serie A and France's Ligue One by some distance when it comes to showcasing indigenous talent and, it is argued, has impacted on the fortunes of England teams at all levels.

Roy Hodgson, the manager of the senior national team who already face a tough battle to qualify for the World Cup, can only be alarmed that of 61 signings made by top-flight clubs for transfer fees this summer, a mere 12 have involved English players. None of last season's top eight has paid a fee for an English player since the transfer window opened.

While this is partly attributable to the reality that imports are appreciably better value than their high-priced English counterparts, deficiencies in youth development, coaching culture and wider education also all contribute to the failure of England-born players to make the required grade. Only three of the 23-man Under-21 squad that beat Scotland 6-0 last week started in the Premier League last weekend.

"Everyone recognises the need for greater numbers of English players getting opportunities in the Premier League," Sir Trevor Brooking, the FA's director of football development, told the Guardian. "It is something Ged Roddy [the Premier League's director of youth], Dan Ashworth [the FA director of elite development] and I have worked closely on with the EPP [Elite Player Performance Plan].

"Ged and the Premier League share our desire to improve upon the quality of young players coming through the academy system. Combined with the work in kids' football to change the culture and increase technical standards, and raising the coaching standards through St George's Park, there is a lot being done."

The FA and Premier League are often seen as being at loggerheads but a Premier League spokesman stressed that, as Roddy's work emphasises, this is not the case. "We are one season into the Elite Player Performance Plan for which £340m has been committed over four seasons to enhance youth development programmes across the Premier League," he said.

"The number one stated aim of the plan is to produce more and better home-grown players. We saw some very good performances from English and British players over the weekend and the clubs are working hard to develop more who are of the quality to play Premier League football."

Richard Scudamore, the Premier League's chief executive, feels that his organisation have been blamed unfairly for the growing imbalance in elite English football. No to mention the dismal failure of the England Under-21 and Under-20 teams in this summer's respective junior European Championship in Israel and World Cup in Turkey.

"It's not the Premier League's fault the country's population is only 60 million and there are 212 countries playing this game," said Scudamore last month. "It's bigger than us."

• This article was amended on 20 August 2013. The original said the number of English players in the Premier League for the 2013/14 season was 74, 33.6%. This has been corrected.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Borusse » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:46 pm

I recommend you to follow best parody account on twitter, Wenger Knows Best. Its genius. :lol:

Some examples:
Will Fabregas return to this club next summer? I believe Zelalem has exceptional quality.

Do Anzhi Makhachkala need to sell players? I believe yes. Might we try to sign Samuel Eto'o? I don't know'w.

Has Christian Benteke handed in a transfer request to Villa? I believe yes. Is he coming to this club? I don't know Benteke.

Overall I feel Mourinho and Chelsea are well suited to each other. Do I wish him well? I believe they are well suited.

And my personal favourite:

We wish Gervinho well at his new club. Did he show exceptional quality at Arsenal? We wish him well.

:D
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe