You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby FCB general » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:02 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Giggs taking temporary control of the club. I think they're now the only well-known club with a player-manager. That finalises their descent from the top teams lol.

He always reminds me a bit on MUTU(no offense MUTU). :wink: The well-known English player/manager together with another famous player/manager Dennis Weise who played FA Cup final against Man. Utd. :mrgreen:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:07 am

Borussia Dortmund boss Jurgen Klopp is also on United’s radar and is ready to talk to them.

Sources close to Klopp revealed on Monday that there has been no contact at the moment, but added he would be more than keen to come. [source]

So it begins. It will be fun watching the fans getting their hopes up for nothing again. :lol:
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCB general » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:29 am

Moyes took just six points from 12 games against the six teams above United in the table, but as recently as Sunday he appeared confident he would be given time and money to reshape the club's playing squad.

He did sanction deals worth more than £60m for Marouane Fellaini and Juan Mata, but the task of spending a summer transfer fund reported to be in the region of £150m will now fall to his successor.

Who's gonna be a lucky man to spend this money. :D
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Tedesco » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:05 am

I hope that Klopp stays
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ruht » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:06 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Borussia Dortmund boss Jurgen Klopp is also on United’s radar and is ready to talk to them.

Sources close to Klopp revealed on Monday that there has been no contact at the moment, but added he would be more than keen to come. [source]

So it begins. It will be fun watching the fans getting their hopes up for nothing again. :lol:

Mirror at it again eh? Why does that no surprise me, **** disgraceful paper. Wonder where they put the quote of Klopp saying no one should until 2018 and that he is still very much in-love with Dortmund.

They won't be getting Klopp or Simeone, those guys are not leaving for the foreseeable future. It has LvG writtel all over it, this is the perfect scenario for him to come and restructure the club around.
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:24 pm

About time Moyes was sacked, get ready for LvG guys :P
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Borusse » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:06 pm

Klopp more than keen to come. :lol:
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:38 pm

I see two options: Giggs retiring and staying on for next season, or LVG.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:30 pm

FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby mp1711 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:01 am

Hi Man United fan here! Congratulations once again on beating us in our recent tie, you more than deserved it and I hope you retain your trophy. I am here to basically ask about the man who appears to be replacing David Moyes. What can we expect from Louis Van Gaal? From what I've read he has both a track record and a philosophy I like and appears to be the sort of manager we need after our Klinsmann. I just want to ask your opinion of him and what we should prepare for.
mp1711
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:03 am

mp1711 wrote:Hi Man United fan here! Congratulations once again on beating us in our recent tie, you more than deserved it and I hope you retain your trophy. I am here to basically ask about the man who appears to be replacing David Moyes. What can we expect from Louis Van Gaal? From what I've read he has both a track record and a philosophy I like and appears to be the sort of manager we need after our Klinsmann. I just want to ask your opinion of him and what we should prepare for.

A friend of mine made a good assessment of LvG:

1.)Rating 6/10

2.) Absolutely terrible. Did he even bring into to Bayern other than Gustavo? In 2010/11, he swore by the fact that the squad was perfectly fine with the exact players the season before and refused to make any purchase until MvB left in the winter, replacing him with Gustavo (who he than played most of the season as LB or CB). We barely placed third in his final season, and only because he was sacked in the end and replaced with Andries Jonker (who I love) and because Hanover flubbed their final few games.

3.) I believe he only sold MvB and Demichelis. The first one was more of a "thank you for your service" sort of situation, the second was "you're too shit to play here." Both would have been the right moves, had they actually had acceptable backups. Since they didn't, all he did was make the squad perilously thin. Oh, that's right, he sold Luca Toni. Mixed opinion on this. Many think he should have stayed (since he was the best striker), but he had a very arrogant attitude about being told what to do.

4.) Although we played a little inconsistently, particularly in 2010/11, the style of football Bayern learned during the LvG years directly laid the foundations for Jupp and Pep's brilliance at Bayern. In general it was very direct, with a high defensive line and very fluid attacks. It greatly suffered from injuries and lack of substitutes, and it was made particularly weak by some of van Gaal's more stubborn decisions (Kroos to the bench, Schweini at AMF [which actually worked very well, it just left the CM weak], Tymo and Gustavo as fullbacks or CBs, insistence on Thomas Kraft as GK, Prajinc as CM, etc. etc.)

5.) In general, I would say yes, strongly so. Unfortunately, his tactics were hamstrung by some of his more ludicrous decisions - see aforementioned players played in random locations across the field.

6.) Well, he got a back line of Demichelis and DvB to the CL final, so that's certainly something. If you look at the defensive quality of Bayern then, we didn't belong far past the group stages of the CL.

7.) Luca Toni, for better or for worse. Also demichelis, but no one cares about him.

8.) It would be very bad in some ways and extraordinarily good in others. You would never have lost Pogba with him there, that's for sure. Januzaj would have been a starter a year earlier and this season could have been playing with a great deal more experience under his belt. Giggs and Carrick would have probably been forced out.

9.) If you can, I would hesitatingly say yes.

10.) I think he would be a good manager at ManU because his tactics, which are generally quite sound, will create a foundation of success that future managers will draw upon. By this I also mean that his work with youth players - he made Muller, Alaba, and Badstuber into first team players [in Muller's case, made him an immediate first-team player although he'd been promoted to the Bayern I bench the season before). If there are any jewels in the Manchester united youth, he'll find them, polish them, and pump them out of the academy in record speed.

Tactically, I think it will be very good for Manchester United to get a more modern style of play going.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:35 am

Van Gaal is the best choice for Manchester United, in my opinion. He may or may not be successful himself, but he was a main player in establishing the current Bayern as he was in establishing Barca before us. As long as successive coaches build on his work, and as long as he is given the players he needs, you will do fine.

Some years ago I had written a blog article that turned out to be very true, perhaps more than I expected. The first part briefly explains what effect Van Gaal might have on your team.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:03 am

Be prepared to see balls.... Lots and lots of balls...

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:44 am

Terry out for the rest of the PL season, but may return in time for a potential CL final. [source]
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AdepT » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:55 am

The CHosen One poster on eBay [source]

That's quite pricey.
Last edited by MUTU on Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Shortened URL as it was giving problems.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe