You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby Der Bomber » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:06 pm

With the rise of German football & the revival of Italian football with Juve, Napoli, Milan & Fiorentina strengthening up greatly, I would honestly think that England has indeed become much less attractive than it was 3-5 years ago. Maybe they will, for once, start investing in their own players to try to get more than only 29% of English players in the ENGLISH
Spoiler: show
Nothing really English about the premier league right now... :lol:
Premier League which would help their own national team for once..
Der Bomber
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:12 pm

Der Bomber wrote:With the rise of German football & the revival of Italian football with Juve, Napoli, Milan & Fiorentina strengthening up greatly, I would honestly think that England has indeed become much less attractive than it was 3-5 years ago. Maybe they will, for once, start investing in their own players to try to get more than only 29% of English players in the ENGLISH

England even sold the "English" in English Premiere League its actually supposed to be called Barclays Premiere League, but i know what you mean even in the sad state Italian football is that they can still bring up many talented youth to fill in their squads. But there is way to much money that the English FA is getting from TV money for them to care about youth football.....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Der Bomber » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:41 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
Der Bomber wrote:With the rise of German football & the revival of Italian football with Juve, Napoli, Milan & Fiorentina strengthening up greatly, I would honestly think that England has indeed become much less attractive than it was 3-5 years ago. Maybe they will, for once, start investing in their own players to try to get more than only 29% of English players in the ENGLISH

England even sold the "English" in English Premiere League its actually supposed to be called Barclays Premiere League, but i know what you mean even in the sad state Italian football is that they can still bring up many talented youth to fill in their squads. But there is way to much money that the English FA is getting from TV money for them to care about youth football.....

Well that's fine by me! One less country for Germany to worry about! But I just can't understand their logic behind this, it's more than obviously turning their national team into a big joke yet they don't care about it because of the money & fame that they are getting from their endless marketing all over the world... Maybe they should worry about the product that they present on the pitch insstead of being desperate to show it to more & more countries.
Der Bomber
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:16 pm

Der Bomber wrote:Well that's fine by me! One less country for Germany to worry about! But I just can't understand their logic behind this, it's more than obviously turning their national team into a big joke yet they don't care about it because of the money & fame that they are getting from their endless marketing all over the world... Maybe they should worry about the product that they present on the pitch insstead of being desperate to show it to more & more countries.

Well when the owners, players and coaches of most clubs are not English, who is there left to care about the national team?
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Der Bomber » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:44 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Der Bomber wrote:Well that's fine by me! One less country for Germany to worry about! But I just can't understand their logic behind this, it's more than obviously turning their national team into a big joke yet they don't care about it because of the money & fame that they are getting from their endless marketing all over the world... Maybe they should worry about the product that they present on the pitch insstead of being desperate to show it to more & more countries.

Well when the owners, players and coaches of most clubs are not English, who is there left to care about the national team?

I'll just leave a thumbs up to that comment since I have nothing more to add to that.. :wink:
Der Bomber
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby Ruht » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:03 pm

When you look at the English players available it's not so hard to see why they sign foreign players and not English ones. There is just no talent there.Structures are also lacking. Plus the fees paid for British players is ridiculous. It won't change any time soon as what they care about is Marketing and that's about it. I don't mind it though, since I live in London and study Marketing, I won't mind getting a job there :lol:
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Der Bomber » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:43 pm

Ruht wrote:

When you look at the English players available it's not so hard to see why they sign foreign players and not English ones. There is just no talent there.Structures are also lacking. Plus the fees paid for British players is ridiculous. It won't change any time soon as what they care about is Marketing and that's about it. I don't mind it though, since I live in London and study Marketing, I won't mind getting a job there :lol:

Hah! Smart path to choose as a person living in England since this country is fueled on marketing & hype campaigns nowadays in a lot of areas!

In relations with the part in bold, you can't really blame the players since the football federations & clubs in England don't even invest the time & money into the locals which is mainly why most young players never make it to the big stage, they don't get the opportunity. The only club who actually tries to get something out of their homegrown players is probably Arsenal but that's just because they have owners who just want to make the most money possible by investing in the club as little as possible. They still have some pretty decent players in Wilshere & Walcott(don't really rate him highly but he did improve recently) & Oxlade Chamberlain..

It's probably also what they teach the kids in the country, England seems to be stagnated about 50 years in the past in terms of football philosophy & get their identity & style of the league from the mix of the players from all over the world. If the league was only made from English players, we'd probably witness a style of game that looks like American football, long balls & runs. They just don't seem to teach them the technical aspect of the game all that much as opposed to Spain, Netherlands & Germany(since the early 2000's).

Anyways, that's my perspective of things but I don't look into it too deeply so it may not be 100% true but I think that there is some truth to it, not sure of the percentage though.. :P
Der Bomber
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby CaptainLahm21 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:10 pm

Despite being English and loving the premier league i agree top players are opting away with man city and Chelsea both desperate for both Cavani and Falcao and falling short in those cases money was the reason. Other players such as Thiago and Isco have opted for clubs with higher prestige than anyone in the prem can offer apart from united but losing fergie has lost them a lot of credibility and many fancy them to finish third next season.It seems harder to turn down a move to Bayern Barca or Madrid than any premier league team. The Bernard transfer has surprised me but Shakhtar is a very good underrated team that is particularly good at nurturing Brazilian talent.There are many different reasons but the big transfers aren't as frequent even at Chelsea who are now just buying for the sake of it they needed neither Schurle or Van Ginkel in an already gifted array of attacking midfielders that can play in the 3 behind the one up top which is probably going to be Lukaku instead of Falcao or Cavani.
KIMMICH! 
CaptainLahm21
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
England

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:11 pm

I find it hard to blame English FA over the way they handle the Engl....i mean Barclays Premiere League. At the moment its a very profitable league with even second tier sides raking in a lot of cash. I think its all about personal preference in the end of the day. Personally i wud not go their route.....

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:12 pm

CaptainLahm21 wrote:Despite being English and loving the premier league i agree top players are opting away with man city and Chelsea both desperate for both Cavani and Falcao and falling short in those cases money was the reason. Other players such as Thiago and Isco have opted for clubs with higher prestige than anyone in the prem can offer apart from united but losing fergie has lost them a lot of credibility and many fancy them to finish third next season.It seems harder to turn down a move to Bayern Barca or Madrid than any premier league team. The Bernard transfer has surprised me but Shakhtar is a very good underrated team that is particularly good at nurturing Brazilian talent.There are many different reasons but the big transfers aren't as frequent even at Chelsea who are now just buying for the sake of it they needed neither Schurle or Van Ginkel in an already gifted array of attacking midfielders that can play in the 3 behind the one up top which is probably going to be Lukaku instead of Falcao or Cavani.

By the way how do u feel about the way the BPL is run and the lack of english talent that can play at a high level, im curious to hear your thoughts....

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Der Bomber » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:23 pm

CaptainLahm21 wrote:Despite being English and loving the premier league i agree top players are opting away with man city and Chelsea both desperate for both Cavani and Falcao and falling short in those cases money was the reason. Other players such as Thiago and Isco have opted for clubs with higher prestige than anyone in the prem can offer apart from united but losing fergie has lost them a lot of credibility and many fancy them to finish third next season.It seems harder to turn down a move to Bayern Barca or Madrid than any premier league team. The Bernard transfer has surprised me but Shakhtar is a very good underrated team that is particularly good at nurturing Brazilian talent.There are many different reasons but the big transfers aren't as frequent even at Chelsea who are now just buying for the sake of it they needed neither Schurle or Van Ginkel in an already gifted array of attacking midfielders that can play in the 3 behind the one up top which is probably going to be Lukaku instead of Falcao or Cavani.

As an English person, what's your take on the overall system in place in England for developing players? I only see it as person outside of the country so you most likely have more knowledge on the matter than I do & it's been lingering in my head for a little while.
Der Bomber
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby Der Bomber » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:24 pm

ROFL Firefox, I didn't even see your post & I wrote the same thing....My bad... :P
Der Bomber
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:33 pm

Der Bomber wrote:ROFL Firefox, I didn't even see your post & I wrote the same thing....My bad... :P

Great minds think alike ;)

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby CaptainLahm21 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:38 am

Well just look at the success of the national team I think it says it all I think one of the problems is how most young english talent are overhyped and overpriced they think there better then they are then have too much pressure on them. Honestly Sterling is an example he played well in about two games for liverpool and is seen as the next big thing even though all he does is run at a full back a similar thing can be said about oxlaide-chamberlain. I hope these prove me wrong but to me they look average.
KIMMICH! 
CaptainLahm21
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
England

Postby Der Bomber » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:24 am

CaptainLahm21 wrote:Well just look at the success of the national team I think it says it all I think one of the problems is how most young english talent are overhyped and overpriced they think there better then they are then have too much pressure on them. Honestly Sterling is an example he played well in about two games for liverpool and is seen as the next big thing even though all he does is run at a full back a similar thing can be said about oxlaide-chamberlain. I hope these prove me wrong but to me they look average.

Aside from Wilshere who seems to have been trained in Spain, I find that most of those young English players seem to be in top shape & are fast on their feet but lack the finer aspects of the game that they teach elsewhere.. A guy like Walcott for example came out of the youth ranks with so much hype but he was nothing more than a bonified Sprinter that decided to play football but he seems to be slowly getting better at a lot of things since he has been playing for the senior team.. I can't really see the difference between the period that has groomed the likes of Lampard, Terry, Gerard, Beckham, Carrick, Ferdinand, Hargreaves & such compared to the reality of the situation today..
Der Bomber
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Canada

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe