You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby MatZam » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:32 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
Key Manchester United boardroom figures have now turned against David Moyes [source]

Took them long enough.

Lets be brutally honest here. The Manchester United players aren't Ballon d'Or contenders, but most of them aren't this crap either. Some like Cleverly played far better last season. That whole sense of confidence, entitlement and self-belief that took Ferguson 20 years to build has been shattered, trampled and brutally violated in half a season by his replacement.

Unfortunately (for United), giving Moyes the sack won't restore that self-belief, the damage done is irrevocable.
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:00 pm

MatZam wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:
Key Manchester United boardroom figures have now turned against David Moyes [source]

Took them long enough.

Lets be brutally honest here. The Manchester United players aren't Ballon d'Or contenders, but most of them aren't this crap either. Some like Cleverly played far better last season. That whole sense of confidence, entitlement and self-belief that took Ferguson 20 years to build has been shattered, trampled and brutally violated in half a season by his replacement.

Unfortunately (for United), giving Moyes the sack won't restore that self-belief, the damage done is irrevocable.

If you look over the current results Man U have a lot of top players in their squad that any manager would kill to have. Sadly for them Moyes has no clue on the proper tactics to get the most out of them.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:07 pm

Just for the record; Sir Alex (the manipulator of the referees) had the first six years of his reign at ManU trophy - less so IMO their board need to be patient.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:37 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Just for the record; Sir Alex (the manipulator of the referees) had the first six years of his reign at ManU trophy - less so IMO their board need to be patient.

The logic doesn't follow. Ferguson inherited a team that had finished 4th in the league the previous season and which hadn't won a league in about 20 years. Certainly you can't compare the state of United when Ferguson became manager to the state of United when Ferguson retired, even if you forget the fact that football has really changed since.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:03 pm

United is a club full of old-people ready for retirement home. That's been a key of United's decline in the last 3 years after 2011 CL final. You can't look for a bright future with Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidić, Patrice Evra and Michael Carrick at the same time playing. That's way too ridicilous.

I have to say that's major fault of Alex Ferguson. Even in that final 2011 against Barcelona he decided to put some of mentioned old guys, but... Hello!!! It was 2011, or 2012 and 2013 under Ferguson.

We all saw what had happened to United in the last 2 European seasons, pure disaster. 2012 and 2013 are tragedy for such a club as United reputation.

What did he do after the old man sold Cristiano Ronaldo? What did he actually buy as a replacement for Cristiano or even better question, what did Ferguson do to make a generation change in Manchester?

Nothing special and nothing spectacular. Only what he bought were Hernandez, Persie and Kagawa. The last one hasn't proved invested, yet. Central midfielder has been an old problem for 5-6 years so it's been with defensive midfielder, too.

And someone thought in 2012 and 2013 that United will be still great, that English competition will keep repeating lousy mistakes with transfer policy and coaches? Haha, yeah right... :roll: European failures in the last 2 years have shown that Ferguson was near his end, that he will remain stubborn and reject an option of buying new stars and talents.

You can't expect progress without buying 2-3 fresh players(but damn very good individuals) per summer transfer window. That was Ferguson responsibility to leave Moyes a team which will have a future, but what he left to Moyes is pure tragedy, consumed team which is faded.

When someone tells me how Moyes is incompetent, doesn't know anything about United and football, I would say how Moyes won with Everton in the whole 2012/13 season more points than United will won under his first season in this season.

United's last line is a world-class junk, central midfield is nothing better. Fellaini can't be seriously rated in this season in that entire mess.

Glazer family... What can I say about them... I cannot only blame Ferguson's transfer indifference and not to mention that stingy family. They have also played a big role in this situation since they've arrived to Manchester.

If you're really one of the richest clubs, no. 1, etc. Then prove it - spend money and develop all those youngsters.

"The 6 Golden boys" from the 90's are past tense even though Giggs' still playing.
"Soy un hombre muy honrado que me gusta lo mejor, las mujeres no me faltan, ni el dinero, ni el amor,

Jineteando en mi caballo por la sierra yo me voy, las estrellas y la luna, ellas me dicen donde voy"
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:17 pm

To be honest he is doing just as good as he did at Everton :P
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395166660.377496.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:28 pm

That's like saying us getting Luhukay next season and saying he's doing well if we have 36 points at this point next season. :P

To put it into perspective, we are currently 1 point away from double that amount. :wink:
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ruht » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:25 am

:D
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Ruht » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:30 am

So, there's a London derby tomorrow. Chelsea host Arsenal at 12:45 GMT, but what makes this match even more special is the fact that Arsene Wenger is going to lead Arsenal in his 1000th competitive match. Quite an astonishing feat considering how managers come and go nowadays. Lots of plaudits for him today which he absolutely deserves. Mourinho, being the wanker that he is did not miss the chance to attack him while "congratulating" him of course!

And here's a nice article about his career at Arsenal - http://www.theguardian.com/football/blo ... es-arsenal

Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby SAS2014 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:52 am

Hope we can beat Cardiff tomorrow come on you reds.
SAS2014
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:47 am

SAS2014 wrote:Hope we can beat Cardiff tomorrow come on you reds.

Liverpool have bern riding this good run of form for weeks, may surprise the world and win the title.

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:20 am

Firefox1234 wrote:
SAS2014 wrote:Hope we can beat Cardiff tomorrow come on you reds.

Liverpool have bern riding this good run of form for weeks, may surprise the world and win the title.

I really hope so, cause Liverpool is my fav English team. Although they need to be careful cause sometimes they are not concentrated enough when facing teams from the lower end of the table... :evil:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Korky » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:55 pm

Wouhou! Eto'o and Schurrle! 2-0

He will remember his 1000ème Wenger it.
Korky
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
France

Postby Element » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:05 pm

3-0 penalty hazard

Oxlade chamberlain saved the ball with his hand with a great reflex , but the referee gave gibbs the red card!!!!
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Tedesco » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:05 pm

3-0 Ox does a handball and Gibbs is sent off :lol:
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany