You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Maltese football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.
 

Re: Maltese football

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:36 pm

Perhaps a glimmer of hope for Sliema - we've just signed Admir Vladavic, a Bosnian attacking midfielder. He's 31 and probably way past his prime, but he has 10 caps for the Bosnian national team and has played for some decent clubs, such as Red Bull Salzburg.

EDIT: Apparently he has featured in some CL matches too, including one vs Chelsea.

Here's a picture of him with a familiar face:

Image
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 30015
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8272 times
Been thanked: 6929 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Maltese football

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:42 pm


Enjoy...

Superb goal by Edward Herrera - Birkirkara FC vs Hibernians 2-1 (played yest)
This guy is a superb attacking right full back. He is also NT Maltese player =D> =D> =D>
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 24111
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 20179 times
Been thanked: 5733 times
Gender: Male

Re: Maltese football

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:59 pm

Beautiful =D>
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 30015
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8272 times
Been thanked: 6929 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Maltese football

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:06 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Perhaps a glimmer of hope for Sliema - we've just signed Admir Vladavic, a Bosnian attacking midfielder. He's 31 and probably way past his prime, but he has 10 caps for the Bosnian national team and has played for some decent clubs, such as Red Bull Salzburg.

EDIT: Apparently he has featured in some CL matches too, including one vs Chelsea.

Here's a picture of him with a familiar face:

Here's a picture of him with a much more familiar face :)

Image

Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 30015
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8272 times
Been thanked: 6929 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Maltese football

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:35 pm

Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 30015
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8272 times
Been thanked: 6929 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Maltese football

Postby MatZam » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:12 pm



Your link is bringing up an error for me. Would it happen to involve Hibernians and Sliema though?
User avatar
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 784
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:41 am
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 160 times
Been thanked: 244 times
Gender: Male

Re: Maltese football

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:17 pm

MatZam wrote:


Your link is bringing up an error for me. Would it happen to involve Hibernians and Sliema though?

I wonder why...

But yeah, the video was of that action.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 30015
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8272 times
Been thanked: 6929 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Maltese football

Postby MUTU » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:51 am

What happened?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 29657
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5131 times
Been thanked: 7532 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Maltese football

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:15 am

MUTU wrote:What happened?

Bjorn Kristensen got sent off for a foul.
The Hibs players started protesting heavily.
Clayton Failla got really angry, started insulting the referee and I think he even pushed him.
He got yellow carded.
His teammates kept trying to restrain him but he was visibly very very angry and out of his mind. Despite their efforts he kept attacking the referee.
The referee had no choice but to send him off as well, making it two red cards before play resumed. If I'm not mistaken another player also get a yellow card.
Failla had to be escorted by security. At one point before he went inside the dressing rooms, he even hit one of those glass panes to vent his anger.


Sliema did eventually have a player red carded as well, but Failla's stupidity came with around 15 minutes left. At that time Sliema had just managed to score the second goal, turning around a 1-0 deficit at half time. It was the worst possible time for him to do that. Thanks to him they are now in a suspension/injury crisis.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 30015
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8272 times
Been thanked: 6929 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Maltese football

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:58 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MUTU wrote:What happened?

Bjorn Kristensen got sent off for a foul.
The Hibs players started protesting heavily.
Clayton Failla got really angry, started insulting the referee and I think he even pushed him.
He got yellow carded.
His teammates kept trying to restrain him but he was visibly very very angry and out of his mind. Despite their efforts he kept attacking the referee.
The referee had no choice but to send him off as well, making it two red cards before play resumed. If I'm not mistaken another player also get a yellow card.
Failla had to be escorted by security. At one point before he went inside the dressing rooms, he even hit one of those glass panes to vent his anger.


Sliema did eventually have a player red carded as well, but Failla's stupidity came with around 15 minutes left. At that time Sliema had just managed to score the second goal, turning around a 1-0 deficit at half time. It was the worst possible time for him to do that. Thanks to him they are now in a suspension/injury crisis.


I saw it live on tv. I am sure that something really nasty triggered that ' animal ' reaction out of him cause he is not that type of person / player. ( I know him personally too) In fact he had never been red carded before! Hibernians officials said that a sliema player spat on B.Kristensen (an incident that the ref failed to notice) and then the drama started...
Anyway well done for the result, I thinks Hibs have a crises and will continue to fall further down the table. With Us (Birkirkara) & Vlt to fight till the end !
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 24111
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 20179 times
Been thanked: 5733 times
Gender: Male

Re: Maltese football

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:02 am

ramsej84 wrote:I saw it live on tv. I am sure that something really nasty triggered that ' animal ' reaction out of him cause he is not that type of person / player. ( I know him personally too) In fact he had never been red carded before! Hibernians officials said that a sliema player spat on B.Kristensen (an incident that the ref failed to notice) and then the drama started...
Anyway well done for the result, I thinks Hibs have a crises and will continue to fall further down the table. With Us (Birkirkara) & Vlt to fight till the end !

I did not watch the whole game but was listening to the commentator on tv to go and check when something interesting was happening. I did watch this on tv but did not get to see why Kristensen was sent off. According to some friends of mine who were at the stadium it is possible that Kristensen never fouled anyone in the first place, so I suppose that would explain the reaction. However it was stupid from Failla to keep acting like that after his yellow card. At that point you cannot change anything anyway. The team was in a bad situation having just gone behind and had a player sent off, and it was obvious he would end up getting himself red carded too. His lack of control greatly harmed the team, not just this game but for the next one too. If what you and I heard is true then it is another case of the horrendous refereeing we've been seeing in Malta. They've reached a new low this year. At least this time it was in our favour...

Anyway I agree with you that the favourites are Birkirkara and the main challengers are Valletta. I think at this point it is a long shot for Hibernians as they will probably drop a few more points in the coming weeks, and they seem to have lost the magic (or luck?) they had at the beginning of the season. I think it will not be long before we overtake them too, but at this point it is nothing less than a fancy dream for us to think of winning the league. We have dropped too many points in games which we should have won. I will be a bit hopeful (but we will be far from favourites) if we can go into the championship pool with a 6 point gap behind first place, because we tend to do well against you guys generally, but in all likelihood we would end up losing against the weakest team even if we beat you. :P
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 30015
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8272 times
Been thanked: 6929 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Maltese football

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:22 pm

I still believe that those ******* in white will win it... they'll do all they can and will go out of their way in order not to miss the league 2 yrs in a row (I think you know what I mean)
Having this bloody system were you'll have the points halved anything can happen! In fact last season we've started the Championship pool in the 3rd place. - A record cause never ever there was a team who started it 3rd & ended up as Champ.

Thank God this season will be the last when this perverse system will be used...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 24111
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 20179 times
Been thanked: 5733 times
Gender: Male

Re: Maltese football

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:34 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I still believe that those ******* in white will win it... they'll do all they can and will go out of their way in order not to miss the league 2 yrs in a row (I think you know what I mean)

In the two games against us this season:
In the first round we lost 3-0, but when we were still 0-0 or 1-0 Luke Dimech made an ugly foul as the last man and should have been sent off. He only got a yellow card. That could have changed the game.
In the second round we had a goal ruled offside (I don't know whether or not it was, but it was a close call) and a few minutes later again, a foul by a defender as the last man only resulted in a yellow card. The game ended 0-0.

They are my most feared team because we always lose against them (sometimes because of official help). I do think that Birkirkara will win though, and if it isn't us I hope it is you guys. I like Birkirkara because my best friend is the nephew of your former president, and he and his father follow the club closely (although they haven't been able to go to the stadium often recently). The respect is mutual because they also highly respect Sliema, being close friends of Mr Perry. :)
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 30015
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8272 times
Been thanked: 6929 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Maltese football

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:28 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:I still believe that those ******* in white will win it... they'll do all they can and will go out of their way in order not to miss the league 2 yrs in a row (I think you know what I mean)

In the two games against us this season:
In the first round we lost 3-0, but when we were still 0-0 or 1-0 Luke Dimech made an ugly foul as the last man and should have been sent off. He only got a yellow card. That could have changed the game.
In the second round we had a goal ruled offside (I don't know whether or not it was, but it was a close call) and a few minutes later again, a foul by a defender as the last man only resulted in a yellow card. The game ended 0-0.

They are my most feared team because we always lose against them (sometimes because of official help). I do think that Birkirkara will win though, and if it isn't us I hope it is you guys. I like Birkirkara because my best friend is the nephew of your former president, and he and his father follow the club closely (although they haven't been able to go to the stadium often recently). The respect is mutual because they also highly respect Sliema, being close friends of Mr Perry. :)

I am :oops: cause I've been away from the stadium for a long time now! It is all because of FCB & some live matches... I'll make it a point to attend as much as I can.
Former Pres Karm Galea? He is a gentleman and also very humble.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 24111
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 20179 times
Been thanked: 5733 times
Gender: Male

Re: Maltese football

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:03 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Former Pres Karm Galea? He is a gentleman and also very humble.

No his predecessor, Mr Victor Zammit :)

I also have not attended much recently (although I did go vs Valletta two weeks ago) and will also miss the cup match tonight, but I should be back to normal from next weekend. :)
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 30015
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8272 times
Been thanked: 6929 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests