You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Maltese football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: Maltese football

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:45 pm

FCB general wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:The problem is that football here is semi-professional and many children give it up when they are 15-16 because they want to pay more attention to school commitments.

Here we have had a problem with people who left high school in the past to become professional footballers. For instance, Davor Šuker left math gymnasium(at least I've heard but not sure if he ever graduated after 4 grades).

We don't pay attention to school, we prefer more to work everything else than study. :mrgreen:

As you can see, Croatia 4.2 mil inhabitants(13 years ago 4.4 mil), but what kind of players we've made in the last 50 years... Even coaches like Zebec and Čajkovski created this Bayern or Tomislav Ivić who worked at Porto in the late 80's.

FCBayernMunchen wrote:there can only be 5 on the pitch at the same time for a given team.

Here goes the same, but now foreigners come can easily come to Croatia if they're coming from the EU country or posessess EU passport. The rest are treated as "Fgn".
But that can only Dinamo make because they're the only team which stand financially fantastic for Croatian football standards, even social. Many Portuguese players including NT goalkeeper who played recently on the WC has signed for Dinamo and become no. 1 GK.

The rest of the league can only suck and watch in their back, but also Dinamo can suck since the 8x in row Cro champions can't have strong matches. Now only NK Rijeka look as a real opponent because 2 years ago Italian businessman came to Croatia and bought entire club and automatically by doing that, club has solved entire financial minus, organized perfect and clean under the private command unlike the many other clubs which are led by very suspicious people, criminals, local sheriffs(local individuals in every town who have all kind of links in society, don't know anything about football but don't mind to get rich from it), etc.

At least Croatian league has become more interested after they had finally changed competition format in league 10 where one club directly gets relegated to 2nd divison and the 2nd from the bottom plays 2 play-off matches with the club in 2nd division to stay in the league. This should have been created some 13 years ago and we would probably have had better financial situation in the clubs, stronger matches and better chance for our talents to prove themselves.

This is the format I was suggesting for us... But the clubs opted to have this BS of format that we have...

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:01 pm

ramsej84 wrote:This is the format I was suggesting for us... But the clubs opted to have this BS of format that we have...

We did have also league 12 and two times league 16. In 2010-2011 season that was so disgusting, the worst thing ever. Igor Štimac(NT coach who was sacked before Iceland game) was the boss of Udruga prvoligaša(Croatian DFL) in that time and he proposed in 2010 to increase league to 16 clubs. That was named as a Tram league(6 clubs from Zagreb and its suburbs).

Disgusting format and decision to make, some clubs today in this current league 10 barely can get their licence since their standards aren't for the first divison, ie professional clubs. It didn't last long and the CFF decided for league 10, first with reduction with league 12, and after that league 10.

That was the best, but they were late with that some 13-14 years. In 2002 that our football sheriffs decided for league 10, they would have bigger benefits for their pockets. After 2008 world financial crisis they don't have a shit. :)

There were some times where media and public would talk about regional division with Serbia, BiH, Montenegro, Macedonia, but it can't work because of 90's, war period and everything else what it comes with our political and social history.

But I wouldn't mind for other regional division which almost everyone didn't take in observation, where we actually have got something in our history positive and still visible - some sort of Austro-Ungarian regional division. Croatia, Slovenia, Hungary, Austria, Czech Republic and Slovakia. With these guys you could play and everyone(in the first line Hungary, Slovenia and Austria) would benefit, sponsors would be attracted and the 'national' issue wouldn't be a problem at all.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:12 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Re Mbong I was aware that he was in talks with some clubs but actually not aware with whom. I agree with everything you said but re the amm of foreigners I think it is not an easy decision. I prefer to have 3 high quality forigners rather then 6 or 7 of the same qualties as the local ones...that is my op.

There are arguments in favour of both decisions. The thing is, there are only 3 or 4 clubs that can afford to have 7 or so foreigners, and these are the ones that have all the Maltese NT players anyway. I don't think it would affect the competitivity of the league because it's still the same teams running the show all the time, like in most other countries. It might, however, make it harder for NT players to find a spot with these big clubs and then the smaller clubs might be able to get better Maltese players.

ramsej84 wrote:Last wk I was having a chat with the fcb fan club pres who happens to have a role with the mfa and told me that there are a gd nr of U19s who might sign with a foreign club(italian)

That's very good news. I hope it happens.

FCB general wrote:Here goes the same, but now foreigners come can easily come to Croatia if they're coming from the EU country or posessess EU passport. The rest are treated as "Fgn".

It's the same in Italy as far as I know. In Malta, however, any non-Maltese citizenship is treated as foreign when it comes to football, regardless of whether it's an EU citizenship or not.

FCB general wrote:We did have also league 12 and two times league 16

Ours is not just a 12-team league. Until last year, halfway through the season the league would be split into two with the top 6 playing two round robins between them, and the bottom 6 playing two round robins as well. The controversy is that at this point of the season, all points would be halved. This season they won't be splitting the league but they will still half the points. That means that the games being played at the moment count very little and the real title race begins in February/March.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCB general » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:53 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Ours is not just a 12-team league. Until last year, halfway through the season the league would be split into two with the top 6 playing two round robins between them, and the bottom 6 playing two round robins as well. The controversy is that at this point of the season, all points would be halved. This season they won't be splitting the league but they will still half the points. That means that the games being played at the moment count very little and the real title race begins in February/March.

We did have something similar. The last time it was in 2004-2005 if I'm not mistaken. Liga za prvaka(Champions league), Liga za ostanak(Relegation league, literal translation League to stay).
The clubs in the first mentioned would qualify and some of them wouldn't care about anything, they could lose all their matches left and stay in the 1st division. That's the most stupid thing I've ever seen.
The points remain, but when you would look at the table, you would see 2 split tables, each with 6 teams and points of the last team in that champions league where it has less points than the first in the second, relegation league. Once they removed that format, we haven't seen it ever again.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:09 am

:shock::-o
Exactly the same here... We had it from 99/00 till last May...
You had teams giving a s*** & selling games. Now we ve moved on after 15bloody seasons. However we still opted to keep the halving of points. What is strange is that football clubs propose and vote for such decisions

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:00 am

:D Haven't seen that one before. :D
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:09 am

ramsej84 wrote:Mandzukic ZERO goals vs Malta with 10men since the 30th min.

Mandzukic: so bad he couldn't even score vs Malta :D
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:48 am

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Mandzukic ZERO goals vs Malta with 10men since the 30th min.

Mandzukic: so bad he couldn't even score vs Malta :D

We are not that bad8-)

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:30 pm

Shaping up to be a disastrous season for Sliema. :(
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:52 pm

Sssss hhhh
we were leading twice and lost in et vs balzan. Their first goal was a freak thanks to the perfect pitch im hamrun but they deserve it cause they were the most enterprising team and wanted the win most

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:22 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Sssss hhhh
we were leading twice and lost in et vs balzan. Their first goal was a freak thanks to the perfect pitch im hamrun but they deserve it cause they were the most enterprising team and wanted the win most

First points lost though, am I right?

Four games in and we're still chasing our first win. #-o We haven't even played against the hard teams yet, except Hibs.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:04 pm

Apparently in the game between Kercem and Oratory Youths, Kercem's coach played as GK! WTF, I didn't know that was possible. :lol: :lol:
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:34 pm

Sliema are playing Valletta. They missed 2 great chances face2face with the keeper. Then in no time the shortest player on the field (maltese-aussie adrian zahra) scored a headed brace:x then seconds later vall scored another...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:58 am

ramsej84 wrote:Sliema are playing Valletta. They missed 2 great chances face2face with the keeper. Then in no time the shortest player on the field (maltese-aussie adrian zahra) scored a headed brace:x then seconds later vall scored another...

And another. And another. And then another. #-o

We are a disaster. I would not be surprised if we lose against newly-promoted Pieta this weekend.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:20 pm

very good match by our lads away to Serbia U17, but then again we lost 0-1 :( Watching the stats we deserved much much more... I'll hope they keep it up for the upcoming matches vs Holland & Finland [source]
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe