You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Maltese football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: Maltese football

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:11 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I was also hoping for Trapattoni. I have known we were after him for several weeks.

Sliema is also set to announce the signing of Mikael Silvestre, former player of Man United, Arsenal, Inter, and most memorably for us, Werder Bremen, in the coming days. There should also be some other big signings... I have an idea who they probably are, but I do not know for certain which deals were finalized and which were not. :)

Del Piero & Lampard, :mrgreen:

We'd need to build a bigger stadium. :P
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:32 am

Are Sliema trying to go bankrupt?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:51 am

MUTU wrote:Are Sliema trying to go bankrupt?

It's all thanks to a financial backer, though I think it is mostly a stunt as these are all old players who will probably leave after a year.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:07 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

It's all thanks to a financial backer, though I think it is mostly a stunt as these are all old players who will probably leave after a year.

FFP! :P
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:10 am

MUTU wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

FFP! :P

I heard rumours, though I can't confirm them and my opinion is that it is farfetched, that these players will be doing some kind of reality show and will be paid that way.

If that is true, it's the funniest way to get around FFP that anyone has come up with so far. :lol:
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:23 am

I think it is true... I read something about it however only Ince was mentioned in it... Do you think they'll be able to help you (Football-wise)? I have my doubts. I am ready to bet that by December / January they will be all gone...

In the meantime Neptunes did it again :)
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:02 am

ramsej84 wrote:I think it is true... I read something about it however only Ince was mentioned in it... Do you think they'll be able to help you (Football-wise)? I have my doubts. I am ready to bet that by December / January they will be all gone...

They will surely help, but it is not a long-term solution. Whether they stay or not remains to be seen. I do not think that they will all leave. The investor is determined to win at least 8 trophies over 5 years. Perhaps a bit too ambitious...

More than anything it is a stunt though, I believe. The club is trying to play on the fact that there are many English and Italian supporters here, and so far, from what people are saying, it seems to be working.

Still, some of these players are good enough to be the best in Malta despite their age.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:14 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:I think it is true... I read something about it however only Ince was mentioned in it... Do you think they'll be able to help you (Football-wise)? I have my doubts. I am ready to bet that by December / January they will be all gone...

They will surely help, but it is not a long-term solution. Whether they stay or not remains to be seen. I do not think that they will all leave. The investor is determined to win at least 8 trophies over 5 years. Perhaps a bit too ambitious...

More than anything it is a stunt though, I believe. The club is trying to play on the fact that there are many English and Italian supporters here, and so far, from what people are saying, it seems to be working.

Still, some of these players are good enough to be the best in Malta despite their age.

The more fading stars you get the better so our victory will be sweeter :twisted:
I remember you had an ex Lazio Bergodi and an ex Nigerian int who played in two world cups + an other Cameroon international and we still defeated you!

As for the stunt, I think it is because of Mifsud , who said that before he signs he'd like to have the team investing in more players.
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:30 am

I doubt it. Talks about these players have been going on for longer than Mifsud has been without a club. However, the club may have already been negotiating with Mifsud back then. I don't know about that.

It is possible that we will lose anyway. These players won't make us unbeatable, they are nearing retirement after all. However some of them (if they are finalized) will be the biggest names that ever played in this country, and that alone should give us a huge psychological advantage regardless of what they do on the pitch (though I am sure they still know how to play).
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:08 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Del Piero & Lampard, :mrgreen:

http://www.tvm.com.mt/sports/esklussiva ... -ir-radar/ :coffee:

I knew about this one, but didn't want to reveal anything.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:00 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Del Piero & Lampard, :mrgreen:

http://www.tvm.com.mt/sports/esklussiva ... -ir-radar/ :coffee:

I knew about this one, but didn't want to reveal anything.

bis serjeta'!!!!!!!!!!!!! I put on Del Piero's name just like that :)
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:26 pm

Keith Perry on the Del Piero, Gallas rumours [source]
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:51 pm

ramsej84 wrote:

I do believe some of the names mentioned are not true, most of the board is saying that people shouldn't believe what the media is saying and the truth will be revealed next Saturday.

The Del Piero rumour, however, is probably true. I know it to be a fact 100% that the club made contact with him. Whether or not the deal was sealed I do not know, but I guess what I know together with the media rumour means it is true.

Regarding your post yesterday, the investor wanted to get Lampard as well, which is why I was so surprised and excited when Chelsea announced that he will not get an extension (I heard this rumour before it became known that he is leaving). However I do not think it will happen.

I will go one further than the media and tell you (because I am too excited about it and the news is slowly leaking on the internet anyway) that probably a former Bayern player will be playing here as well. Or at least, I know there were talks and I have heard they were concluded. It is not hard to figure out who it is I think. :wink:
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:00 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

I do believe some of the names mentioned are not true, most of the board is saying that people shouldn't believe what the media is saying and the truth will be revealed next Saturday.

The Del Piero rumour, however, is probably true. I know it to be a fact 100% that the club made contact with him. Whether or not the deal was sealed I do not know, but I guess what I know together with the media rumour means it is true.

Regarding your post yesterday, the investor wanted to get Lampard as well, which is why I was so surprised and excited when Chelsea announced that he will not get an extension (I heard this rumour before it became known that he is leaving). However I do not think it will happen.

I will go one further than the media and tell you (because I am too excited about it and the news is slowly leaking on the internet anyway) that probably a former Bayern player will be playing here as well. Or at least, I know there were talks and I have heard they were concluded. It is not hard to figure out who it is I think. :wink:

Is he German... or Italian?
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:07 pm

Italian :P
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe