You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Maltese football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: Maltese football

Postby ramsej84 » Fri May 02, 2014 10:01 am

they are of a lower class... what can you do?
The Police are afraid of them... and you were in small numbers so easier to control... f*** the Police...

On a different note since you are from Attard, right? Are you aware that 2day they are playing a promotion play-off for the Div 2 ?
It is vs Xaghjra T... @ 19.00 Sirens Ground. I was planning to go but I don't think I am going to manage.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri May 02, 2014 10:33 am

Yes but unfortunately there is the minors KO final at the same time between Sliema and Pembroke and I will be there instead. Hoping Attard manage it though.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sat May 03, 2014 11:21 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Yes but unfortunately there is the minors KO final at the same time between Sliema and Pembroke and I will be there instead. Hoping Attard manage it though.

not even my adopted village managed to make me happy :( I went to see the match - the level of football was outrageous, the referee who is a fifa ref played his part too... + the fact that I had a conversation with a guy who is a 3rd div player and told me how corruption is rampant in this division! - for a change.
Buy the way I've just learned that even Sliema (who are in sec B and have not been promoted) lost to Pembroke (who've also won the promo to secA) lost the Youth FA knock out...
I've won this competition with Lija Atl in 2002 vs Valletta 2-1 :D However I was on the bench the whole match :oops:
At that time Lija had on their books - Alex Muscat (current Sliema W captain) Cleaven Frendo, Kris Calleja, & Zammit Tabona amongst others on loan so we had a very good solid team.
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat May 03, 2014 11:35 pm

ramsej84 wrote:not even my adopted village managed to make me happy I went to see the match - the level of football was outrageous, the referee who is a fifa ref played his part too... + the fact that I had a conversation with a guy who is a 3rd div player and told me how corruption is rampant in this division! - for a change.

It ended 3-0 right? It's a shame, it would have been a very big thing for Attard to manage promotion and it would have helped the club a lot. The club was founded relatively late and from what I hear there is no interest at all. I know someone who like you supports Birkirkara but tries to help out Attard whenever he can and he says that attendances are abysmal, often even less than 10 people.

ramsej84 wrote:Buy the way I've just learned that even Sliema (who are in sec B and have not been promoted) lost to Pembroke (who've also won the promo to secA) lost the Youth FA knock out...

Yep it ended 1-0. :( In the end I couldn't make it to the game but I heard that Sliema missed a lot of chances. It is unbelievable: the u15s, minors (u19s), and the senior team all made it to the final and none of them won. Our last hope remains the u17s who are currently in the quarter-finals (I think). They also won the league in their section.

ramsej84 wrote:I've won this competition with Lija Atl in 2002 vs Valletta 2-1 However I was on the bench the whole match
At that time Lija had on their books - Alex Muscat (current Sliema W captain) Cleaven Frendo, Kris Calleja, & Zammit Tabona amongst others on loan so we had a very good solid team.

Nice to have played with such players. Have you ever played in the senior leagues or had you stopped?
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat May 03, 2014 11:44 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:not even my adopted village managed to make me happy I went to see the match - the level of football was outrageous, the referee who is a fifa ref played his part too... + the fact that I had a conversation with a guy who is a 3rd div player and told me how corruption is rampant in this division! - for a change.

It ended 3-0 right? It's a shame, it would have been a very big thing for Attard to manage promotion and it would have helped the club a lot. The club was founded relatively late and from what I hear there is no interest at all. I know someone who like you supports Birkirkara but tries to help out Attard whenever he can and he says that attendances are abysmal, often even less than 10 people.

ramsej84 wrote:Buy the way I've just learned that even Sliema (who are in sec B and have not been promoted) lost to Pembroke (who've also won the promo to secA) lost the Youth FA knock out...

Yep it ended 1-0. :( In the end I couldn't make it to the game but I heard that Sliema missed a lot of chances. It is unbelievable: the u15s, minors (u19s), and the senior team all made it to the final and none of them won. Our last hope remains the u17s who are currently in the quarter-finals (I think). They also won the league in their section.

ramsej84 wrote:I've won this competition with Lija Atl in 2002 vs Valletta 2-1 However I was on the bench the whole match

Nice to have played with such players. Have you ever played in the senior leagues or had you stopped?

I was desperate to see them getting promoted... There would have been a feast in front of my apartment (I live close by the club house) As soon as the game finished I felt that I'd like to get involved in this team but I don't know how and where!
No I had to stop when I was 20. I had a problem with our President and when I tried to join a different team he refused to give me the release and then I gave up. I remained very active until some years ago but now I do the occasional 5 a-sides. While we are at it do you have a 5 a side team?
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat May 03, 2014 11:50 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I was desperate to see them getting promoted... There would have been a feast in front of my apartment (I live close by the club house) As soon as the game finished I felt that I'd like to get involved in this team but I don't know how and where!

To tell you the truth I don't even know where the clubhouse is. :oops:
I often get invited to matches or to fundraising events for the club on facebook but I have never attended any. Knowing about the kind of apathy at the club makes it unexciting.

ramsej84 wrote:No I had to stop when I was 20. I had a problem with our President and when I tried to join a different team he refused to give me the release and then I gave up. I remained very active until some years ago but now I do the occasional 5 a-sides. Why we are at it do you have a 5 a side team?

The President should be ashamed. [-X I don't have a 5-a-side team. I just play in 5 or 7-a-sides with friends (we form both teams) sometimes and have been doing so more regularly this year. I'm not a good player though. :lol:
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat May 03, 2014 11:56 pm

Oh yeah, about getting involved, probably just attending the games and getting to know the people is a good start. When I first started helping out with Sliema, it was more of a coincidence. My friend and I decided to go to the stadium organised by the "ultras" (because in my opinion our club does not really have any ultras) and not many people showed up so it ended up being just as and them. They are more or loss our age and we got to know them and told them we often attend waterpolo games but do not go to a lot of football games. After that we started going to more or less every game and that pretty much encouraged them and we became part of the team. Before they got to know us they had almost given up because attendances were getting smaller. I remember before we got to know them they used to just sit around and talk with each other during games just like all the other supporters. No flags, no drums, no nothing. We've seen a great increase in support since, with our peak so far being last Thursday.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun May 04, 2014 12:03 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Oh yeah, about getting involved, probably just attending the games and getting to know the people is a good start. When I first started helping out with Sliema, it was more of a coincidence. My friend and I decided to go to the stadium organised by the "ultras" (because in my opinion our club does not really have any ultras) and not many people showed up so it ended up being just as and them. They are more or loss our age and we got to know them and told them we often attend waterpolo games but do not go to a lot of football games. After that we started going to more or less every game and that pretty much encouraged them and we became part of the team. Before they got to know us they had almost given up because attendances were getting smaller. I remember before we got to know them they used to just sit around and talk with each other during games just like all the other supporters. No flags, no drums, no nothing. We've seen a great increase in support since, with our peak so far being last Thursday.

Now that I remember I can recognize two of the sliema 'ultras' ; a thin guy with bleached hair, and there was a 'girl' who is in charge of the drum :) It was in the previous season at the hibs ground when we had a game after you and I ended up sitting next to her. It was fun uh (she wanted to throw that thing with which beats the drum (which I don't know the word for) to the lines - man :lol:
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 04, 2014 11:09 am

ramsej84 wrote:Now that I remember I can recognize two of the sliema 'ultras' ; a thin guy with bleached hair, and there was a 'girl' who is in charge of the drum It was in the previous season at the hibs ground when we had a game after you and I ended up sitting next to her. It was fun uh (she wanted to throw that thing with which beats the drum (which I don't know the word for) to the lines - man

Hahaha yes I am 100% sure who you are referring to. :lol: The guy could be one of two because they are brothers.

Was it this season or the one before? I think the only game I went to at the Hibs stadium the previous season was against Birkirkara so I wouldn't have been there in this game. They didn't used to take the drums often in the past (we now take them every game) so it must have been a big game.

As for the guy, if it is the older brother (who it probably is), he is usually the most dedicated supporter. Last Thursday in the final he shocked all of us when he just gave up at half time and sat down, started crying and barely watched the game. It was shocking because it was far from over. We were the better team and only needed one goal. One guy in particular grabbed him and tried to shake some sense into him but it was of no use. At one point this guy and I even had to stop him from breaking a chair.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 04, 2014 2:22 pm

Meanwhile I came across these two videos. Our support before the game started was better than Valletta's seconds before they won the double. :lol: It's a shame we never see that many people throughout the season.

Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon May 19, 2014 11:53 am

Andre Schembri returns to Germany with FSV Frankfurt =D>
http://www.fsv-frankfurt.de/cms/index.p ... &tx_ttnews[tt_news]=7423&cHash=04d41173cf0b27bfdb1f8b0dd94dfeda
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon May 19, 2014 4:44 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Now that I remember I can recognize two of the sliema 'ultras' ; a thin guy with bleached hair, and there was a 'girl' who is in charge of the drum It was in the previous season at the hibs ground when we had a game after you and I ended up sitting next to her. It was fun uh (she wanted to throw that thing with which beats the drum (which I don't know the word for) to the lines - man

Hahaha yes I am 100% sure who you are referring to. :lol: The guy could be one of two because they are brothers.

Was it this season or the one before? I think the only game I went to at the Hibs stadium the previous season was against Birkirkara so I wouldn't have been there in this game. They didn't used to take the drums often in the past (we now take them every game) so it must have been a big game.

As for the guy, if it is the older brother (who it probably is), he is usually the most dedicated supporter. Last Thursday in the final he shocked all of us when he just gave up at half time and sat down, started crying and barely watched the game. It was shocking because it was far from over. We were the better team and only needed one goal. One guy in particular grabbed him and tried to shake some sense into him but it was of no use. At one point this guy and I even had to stop him from breaking a chair.

It was in the season 2012-2013 (I think)
No it wasn't a big game (in fact was round 1 & Hibs stadium)
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon May 19, 2014 5:46 pm

Hmm I probably wasn't there then.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue May 20, 2014 11:09 pm

TVM sports is reporting that Michael Mifsud AKA il-wikkiel / mosquito is on the verge to sign for Sliema W. He is requiring 3 years against the 2 Sliema are offering plus he requested the committee to invest more.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue May 20, 2014 11:29 pm

ramsej84 wrote:TVM sports is reporting that Michael Mifsud AKA il-wikkiel / mosquito is on the verge to sign for Sliema W. He is requiring 3 years against the 2 Sliema are offering plus he requested the committee to invest more.

Saw it. Haven't spoken to anyone from the club but the president and a number of players liked the link posted on our facebook group so I suppose it is true.

The fans will have mixed reactions on this one.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe