You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Maltese football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: Maltese football

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:42 pm

And we bothered going there to set up everything at 9am!! :twisted: This has gone too far now. [-X Where else on Earth is there a football association with such blatant disrespect for the people that keep it alive?

Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: UEFA European U-17 Championship 2014

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:42 am

Empire stadium gzira [source]
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Re: UEFA European U-17 Championship 2014

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Empire stadium gzira [source]

I've posted this in the Maltese football thread...
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:09 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I've posted this in the Maltese football thread...

Moved :)

To think that Bayern were about to become European champions for the first time just months after that!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:35 pm

Finally they are getting rid of the Championship Pool and Relegation Pool system from next season. The farce of halving points remains though. [source]
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:26 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Finally they are getting rid of the Championship Pool and Relegation Pool system from next season. The farce of halving points remains though. [source]

Yes it will... it is the clubs who voted for it :roll:
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:26 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Yes it will... it is the clubs who voted for it

I do not understand why they would want it. I'd understand the MFA wanting it because it keeps things interesting until the end, but the clubs? This makes the third round alone worth as much as the previous two rounds together. That is pretty illogical if you ask me.

By the way I will 99% be there on Saturday to support you guys. :)
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:54 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Yes it will... it is the clubs who voted for it

I do not understand why they would want it. I'd understand the MFA wanting it because it keeps things interesting until the end, but the clubs? This makes the third round alone worth as much as the previous two rounds together. That is pretty illogical if you ask me.

By the way I will 99% be there on Saturday to support you guys. :)

man I am trembling for me it is like a champs league final... We are far better but it does not count here it is more a psychological thing. I am not sure if you are aware of what happened in 1998?!?! We were exactly in the same situation. However we were betrayed (you know what I mean) by some of our players and also by the referee who awarded a controversial penalty in the last 10-15 mins. :(
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:14 pm

ramsej84 wrote:man I am trembling for me it is like a champs league final... We are far better but it does not count here it is more a psychological thing. I am not sure if you are aware of what happened in 1998?!?! We were exactly in the same situation. However we were betrayed (you know what I mean) by some of our players and also by the referee who awarded a controversial penalty in the last 10-15 mins.

I learnt about 1998 yesterday. Unfortunately I have a strong feeling that they will beat both you guys and us next week to win the double. But I will not stop hoping until the final whistle blows.

Meanwhile we are in full swing preparing for the final, as obviously we no longer care about the last game of the season now. The team is in terrible form and has been for a very long time (since Birkirkara ended our unbeaten streak way back in round 3), but the final is a different competition. We are hoping for the best.

Check out what Marsa bridge has looked like since a few hours ago: :D

FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:54 am

ramsej84 wrote:this:

at the moment I am very very my team from Malta Birkirkara FC just lost the league. We've been leading the table from day one and today we only needed a point to clinch the second title in a row.
We lost 2-0 goals conceded after 1,30mins and another in the 93rd, both came from our ex players one of whom came from our nursery.

What a sad, sad game. I don't think anyone can say that Valletta didn't deserve to win yesterday's game but they definitely did not deserve to win the league title. The point of a league is that the trophy goes to whoever was most consistent throughout the season. In Malta, with the stupid system used, we have somehow managed to destroy that and the title goes to whoever plays best in the second half of the season. Let's face it, a team that is 20 points behind the leaders in February can win the title with our system. [-X

I can't say I'm completely disappointed because Valletta's win does seal Sliema's place in the Europa League, but I still rooted for Birkirkara because I hate Valletta and everything associated with them. I am sure you saw the ugly scenes after the game. I don't even want to imagine how worse it would have been had Valletta been the losing side.

Another stupid thing was what happened after the second goal. How on earth can you give 5 minutes injury time and blow the final whistle 2 minutes in (half of which the game was stopped) simply because the winning team scored a second goal and the fans invaded the pitch!?? I mean ok, it was highly unlikely to happen, but scoring 2 goals in the last 3 minutes is not impossible and has happened before. We as Bayern fans know that better than anyone. Mhux ta' b'xejn ghajjruh "il-figolla tas-sena" lir-referee!

All that is left to do now is to pray for a miracle on Thursday so that Viktor Sciriha's curse of never winning the double continues. :twisted:
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:32 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:this:

at the moment I am very very my team from Malta Birkirkara FC just lost the league. We've been leading the table from day one and today we only needed a point to clinch the second title in a row.
We lost 2-0 goals conceded after 1,30mins and another in the 93rd, both came from our ex players one of whom came from our nursery.

What a sad, sad game. I don't think anyone can say that Valletta didn't deserve to win yesterday's game but they definitely did not deserve to win the league title. The point of a league is that the trophy goes to whoever was most consistent throughout the season. In Malta, with the stupid system used, we have somehow managed to destroy that and the title goes to whoever plays best in the second half of the season. Let's face it, a team that is 20 points behind the leaders in February can win the title with our system. [-X

I can't say I'm completely disappointed because Valletta's win does seal Sliema's place in the Europa League, but I still rooted for Birkirkara because I hate Valletta and everything associated with them. I am sure you saw the ugly scenes after the game. I don't even want to imagine how worse it would have been had Valletta been the losing side.

Another stupid thing was what happened after the second goal. How on earth can you give 5 minutes injury time and blow the final whistle 2 minutes in (half of which the game was stopped) simply because the winning team scored a second goal and the fans invaded the pitch!?? I mean ok, it was highly unlikely to happen, but scoring 2 goals in the last 3 minutes is not impossible and has happened before. We as Bayern fans know that better than anyone. Mhux ta' b'xejn ghajjruh "il-figolla tas-sena" lir-referee!

All that is left to do now is to pray for a miracle on Thursday so that Viktor Sciriha's curse of never winning the double continues. :twisted:

What can I say, I agree with everything you said. I think the 1st goal (aided by the strong winds) influenced a lot our players apart some of them were not their usual selves. How sad...
The scenes were horrible to say the least... I was their next to that yellow gate... I think even the Police are biased with VLT or are afraid from them. They should have not been allowed to enter the pitch... only in Malta.
As for your game, I am sorry to disappoint you but rumors are the this is last yr for Xriha ta'hara as VLT Pres (new Georgian / Dutch mafia is taking over) therefore I am sure he will make sure to end his reign by winning the double.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:50 pm

Well it's understandable that they would jump into the pitch and the police couldn't really do anything to stop those hundreds coming all at once. But they should have forced them to go back to the stands and the game to resume. After all, last year they kept trying to force the Birkirkara supporters back to the stands even after the game was over and the league won.

There should have been many more policemen present though. It was a game that was certain to end in trouble regardless of the outcome. What could those 30 or so officers do?

About our game, like I said we need something close to a miracle to win it. We haven't beaten them in 5 years, since our last trophy final in fact. But we're going there full of confidence believing we can shock the country. If we lose and are not humiliated I will still be happy with our season.

And if it is Sciriha's last game, so is it Ivan Woods'. He will do everything his career to end it on a high. ;)
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu May 01, 2014 7:57 pm

And there you go: the most undeserved double of all time... :cry:
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri May 02, 2014 8:21 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:And there you go: the most undeserved double of all time... :cry:

Did you go to the Stadium?
I saw a repeat of the match... How lucky Valletta were... iiiincredible :shock:
Sliema hit the woodwork 3 times!!! and even the goal came from a mistaken pass... there is nothing to do it was their year :(
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri May 02, 2014 8:48 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:And there you go: the most undeserved double of all time... :cry:

Did you go to the Stadium?
I saw a repeat of the match... How lucky Valletta were... iiiincredible :shock:
Sliema hit the woodwork 3 times!!! and even the goal came from a mistaken pass... there is nothing to do it was their year :([/quote]

Of course... was at Sliema by 11am then we went to the stadium on a double decker. We were there around an hour and a half before kickoff.

For me and most Sliema supporters and also the players it is bittersweet. The fact is that we currently do not have the team to compete with Valletta and we were not expecting much before the game. But that performance was incredible. We were by far the best team on the pitch, Valletta only had 1 more chance apart from the goal and it was our fault they got that chance (brilliant save by our GK btw). We are very happy and proud of the performance, so much so that we were still singing and lighting flares all the way back home. But it is really sad because we truly deserved that title yesterday. I am dumbfounded how they managed to keep a clean sheet with that performance. For me it felt like I was rewatching the Bayern-Chelsea final with the exception that they scored in the first two minutes rather than the last two.

Pretty much the only thing Valletta had better than us was attendance: they had more than twice the amount we had. Even so, according to our players (you might be able to tell better having watched it on tv) our voices were drowning theirs for a long time.

A bit angry at the MFA and the police present too. Just like last weekend Valletta were allowed to do whatever they want. Anke murtali kellhom! Yet the police were just standing by the side doing nothing. When our supporters tried lighting some suffarelli they immediately went to stop them... and our stuff was much less dangerous. Then after the game the announcer was saying "Please do not enter the pitch" and "Please leave the pitch so we can go on with the presentation" but they did absolutely nothing to get them out. A good number of our own supporters tried entering the pitch and consoling the players but we were not allowed to do so. For some reason the entire police force was more concerned with stopping the Sliema supporters joining their players than with getting the Valletta ones out as was being requested, even though our players were constantly telling them to let us in.

In the end we just ended up communicating with the players and committee through the glass. A couple of the players even climbed up themselves and the goalkeeper gave us his shirt.

EDIT: it has to be Valletta to be playing againat Sliema and celebrate by singing "Maghna ma taghmlu xejn, maghna ma taghmlu xejn, maghna ma taghmlu xejn f**x Birkirkara!" From a video I saw they kept doing that even after the game. We tried to drown them out for you guys with "Tilhquna zgur li qatt, tilhquna zgur li qatt, tilhquna zgur li qatt f**x il Valletta!" ;)
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe