You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Spanish football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: Spanish football

Postby Ruht » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:42 am

He is such a primadona for God's sake... #-o
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Borusse » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:56 am

He might be a primadona but he is also one of the greatest football players that ever lived. 219 goals in 213 matches for Real. =D>
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:49 pm

Borusse wrote:He might be a primadona but he is also one of the greatest football players that ever lived. 219 goals in 213 matches for Real. =D>

who shines against the less gifted teams. He rarely shows the same form vs the best...
That is why he was beaten by his friend Messi in the last 4 yrs
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:57 pm

Messi is better than Ronaldo but that doesnt change the fact Ronaldo is a machine himself. I dont know anyone who is able of keeping such goalscoring record for 4 years straight. And thats not true he doesnt shine against better teams. He scored a lot of goals against Barcelona, scored two against Dortmund, two against Bayern, another one against Juve, in the final against Chelsea 08/09, two against Man United, pretty much against every big team in Europe. I like Messi more but that doesnt mean I can't appreciate Ronaldo's game.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:19 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Borusse wrote:He might be a primadona but he is also one of the greatest football players that ever lived. 219 goals in 213 matches for Real. =D>

who shines against the less gifted teams. He rarely shows the same form vs the best...

This is incorrect. I had a huge argument with friends and got stats to back me up.
When crunch matches come along, Messi is a choker and Ronaldo rises to the occasion.

Fact: Ronaldo's strike rate in the later CL rounds is 4% higher than in the previous ones. Messi's is 27% lower.

Since 2006, in the most important round of the season at club (i.e. CL) and national (i.e. WC / Copa America), he has scored 2 goals in 17 matches, while his teammates scored 15 goals.
Whereas Ronaldo scored 6 goals in 17 matches, and scored 2/5ths of his teams' goals in these matches. Statistically this is a HUGE difference.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Birthday

Postby tflags » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:24 pm

Two words.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Borusse » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Well MUTU, that all depends on which cryteria you choose. For example I could just say Messi scored 7 more goals in CL overall (even though Ronaldo played 14!! matches more than Messi in that competition) than Ronaldo and won 3 Champions league titles and Ronaldo "just" one. :wink:

Also, Messi scored two goals in the both CL finals. Its worthy of a mention dont you think?
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:16 pm

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

This is incorrect. I had a huge argument with friends and got stats to back me up.
When crunch matches come along, Messi is a choker and Ronaldo rises to the occasion.

Fact: Ronaldo's strike rate in the later CL rounds is 4% higher than in the previous ones. Messi's is 27% lower.

Since 2006, in the most important round of the season at club (i.e. CL) and national (i.e. WC / Copa America), he has scored 2 goals in 17 matches, while his teammates scored 15 goals.
Whereas Ronaldo scored 6 goals in 17 matches, and scored 2/5ths of his teams' goals in these matches. Statistically this is a HUGE difference.

Messi is a choker in crunch matches ... this is hilarious MUTU :lol: Sorry but...
I think the only neg is that he only scored once or never vs Italian teams ... that is all...
Please have look at these stats : UCL 2008/2009

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ruht » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:22 pm

Oh I'm not arguing that at all. He is a great player, and I just love that he keeps on pushing himself in order to improve more. His motivation is just amazing. I just don't like the fact that he gets all "girly" when someone has said something bad about him. I understand that this was the head of freaking FIFA (and he was an idiot for making such comments) but why make a big deal out of it. Prove him wrong on the field, don't write a letter to him ffs..
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:25 pm

My opinion on the Messi vs Ronaldo argument is perhaps an unpopular one. I believe Messi is the better player, the more complete one. But Ronaldo is more dangerous. I think Ronaldo is possibly the most dangerous player ever with the ball in his feet. He can score free-kicks, long shots, penalties, anything, and on a regular basis. And he scores a lot.

Messi is a better player overall. But if I were a defender or goalkeeper, 1v1 against one of them, I'd rather be up against Messi than Ronaldo.

ramsej84 wrote:I think the only neg is that he only scored once or never vs Italian teams ... that is all...

He just scored against one last week. :mrgreen:
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:27 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:who shines against the less gifted teams. He rarely shows the same form vs the best...

Messi is a choker in crunch matches ... this is hilarious MUTU :lol: Sorry but...
I think the only neg is that he only scored once or never vs Italian teams ... that is all...
Please have look at these stats : UCL 2008/2009

How is this at all relevant as to whether Messi is a choker or not?

I've written a blog article which to me proves he is a choker. [source]
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Birthday

Postby Borusse » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:48 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:My opinion on the Messi vs Ronaldo argument is perhaps an unpopular one. I believe Messi is the better player, the more complete one. But Ronaldo is more dangerous. I think Ronaldo is possibly the most dangerous player ever with the ball in his feet. He can score free-kicks, long shots, penalties, anything, and on a regular basis. And he scores a lot.

Messi is a better player overall. But if I were a defender or goalkeeper, 1v1 against one of them, I'd rather be up against Messi than Ronaldo.

ramsej84 wrote:I think the only neg is that he only scored once or never vs Italian teams ... that is all...

Messi's vision is on different level to Ronaldo's though. Messi's ability to see a teammate in a tight space or very far away making a run is incredible, you won't see that from Ronaldo, only once in a while.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:20 pm

Borusse wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:My opinion on the Messi vs Ronaldo argument is perhaps an unpopular one. I believe Messi is the better player, the more complete one. But Ronaldo is more dangerous. I think Ronaldo is possibly the most dangerous player ever with the ball in his feet. He can score free-kicks, long shots, penalties, anything, and on a regular basis. And he scores a lot.

Messi's vision is on different level to Ronaldo's though. Messi's ability to see a teammate in a tight space or very far away making a run is incredible, you won't see that from Ronaldo, only once in a while.

That's what makes him a better player. But as far as magic solo moments are concerned, Ronaldo is ahead of Messi for me.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:23 pm

But he always scored in finals and in almost all classicos encounters...
He plays for himself AND for the benefit of his team. On the other hand CR7 wants to be at the centre of attraction having all his team mates
playing for him or he plays for himself depends how you look at it.
Ronaldo is a one man show. I'd like to find the number of assists he has made since he joined the White clowns...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:29 pm

ramsej84 wrote:But he always scored in finals

- One Barcelona Champions League final (2006) he was left out of the team squad, and Barcelona won the Champions League.
- Another final Argentina (Copa America 2007) got thrashed 3-0 by Brazil.
- In 2 other finals against Manchester United (2009 and 2011), he scored 2 out of Barcelona's 5 goals. I think it's standard for him to score around 40% of Barcelona's goals.

In any of the rest of the most important matches in every season, he failed to score.

We're talking about the guy who overtook Gerd Mueller's record. In 17 matches he'd generally score 14-19 goals. In these important 17 matches, he scored 2, none of which changed the outcome of the match.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Birthday

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe