You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Spanish football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: Spanish football

Postby runaway » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:51 pm

MoFattal wrote:Arbeloa isn't as bad as many people think. He just isn't "flashy" enough for Madrid and hence is always considered below RM's standards. He is certainly not of the best RBs out there, but I still would prefer having an Arbeloa than a Marcelo on my team.

For me he's a dead weight and his continuous inclusion in Madrid's and Spain's starting XI is baffling me. I have seen enough goals allowed by RM and Spain because of Arbeloa's mistakes. Only explanation I know why he always get playing time in Madrid is because he is a La Fabrica graduate and in Spain because he is from RM.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby runaway » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:14 am

Real Madrid wins again on extra time. Another winner for Ronaldo, very lucky. Hits the post then went in on the dying seconds of extra time. Makes me wonder if Madrid can win without Ronaldo just like how Barca is coping without Messi. Neymar had a great game, 4-1 for them even Xavi scored. How rare is that? :lol:

Btw, just noticed that 2 before the El Classico, Madrid will have to face Juventus in CL match. I hope the Old Lady actually shows up and give those Merengues a spanking. :mrgreen:
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby tflags » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:55 pm

The problem with Real Madrid is the same problem for any team in the world where a political agenda is more important than sporting success. Players get sold just for being brought in by a former regime and all that. In Madrid's case this problem is further compounded by throwing ridiculously huge amounts of money on big names and not players they do need.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:07 pm

Lady luck is on their side l guess thanks to Ancellotti who is lucky indeed.
Don t be surprised to see them win la decima with all this luck :evil:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ruht » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:42 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Don t be surprised to see them win la decima with all this luck :evil:

hahahha, absolutely no way. :wink:
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby runaway » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:48 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Lady luck is on their side l guess thanks to Ancellotti who is lucky indeed.
Don t be surprised to see them win la decima with all this luck :evil:

La Decima when he just bought the most expensive player? Perez is having an orgasm, his Galactico policy is about to pay off.
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:19 pm

Lol Real Madrid have debt :mrgreen: [source]

Edit: I didnt know the espn article was from an article from AS(a known anit-Madrid/Perez newspaper) so a RM fan of mine showed me this article

http://www.managingmadrid.com/2013/10/8/4815554/as-real-madrid-hunting
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby tflags » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:48 pm

I don't think AS is any more attached to Perez than his preferred medium nowadays, ABC, even if both parties are adamant to deny their links. Their financial issues took a huge step into the spotlight on that last members' meeting but long story short, Spanish renown economists are now confirming the debt is indeed over 500 million and expenses/owed installments surpass their cash inflows. Keep in mind nonetheless the chief economist who willingly provided that confirmation comes from Barcelona. Gotta love that rivalry.

There are some key figures in recent articles, both sporting and economical that point to the worst Madrilista presidency in ages and which really does not seem to favour Perez one bit. They haven't been to a CL final in close to 12 years, they just overhauled their coaching/player staff with a 150 million investment and yet sit in third place (??) (to be fair, they REALLY, REALLY, REALLY DIDN'T deserve to win the last two matches) and they seem to want to spend yet another 400 million facelifting the Bernabeu. Does it make sense? Not really. Even if they manage to get funding from a third party -aka selling naming rights and all that- their recent deal with Emirates Airlines over that shirt sponsorship suggests they no longer lead in footballing appeal worldwide; brining in a mere ~40 million a year (US$) which is lame in comparison to other team's such as United or Barça (Bayern fans shouldn't really complain, selling 1 million shirts last season got them the same amount with DT.) Madrilists on the other hand say 500 million annual revenue should shut up any dissenters. Problem is, for a team that has spent a gazillion euros in players and staff since Perez was back on the saddle in 2009, one Copa, Liga and Supercopa and hasn't exactly been a menacing force in the CL for the past 11 years, that is one very, very sad bottom line.
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:20 pm

I hope they R.Madrid dont reach La Decima before Bayern does, i know its a near impossible wish to make but i just could not handle hearing their fans brag about reaching La Decima. If Bayern or another club was to reach their coveted La Decima which they have spent billions to reach would be the biggest slap in the face to R.Madrid not just sporting wise but as an institution. I can imagine R.Madrid going through a major overhaul, not just players and coaches but even the upper parts of their management being asked to resign. Their whole Galactico culture will be finally b put to shame and their fans would probably go into a long hibernation :twisted:

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby tflags » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:02 pm

Madrid's situation is a very dire one and not really known openly. In order to expose their current financial standing a change of management has to happen which is nowadays close to impossible. Pérez reformed the statues under which pretty much a Florentino Pérez type of figure has to come up to be able to replace himself as the Spanish version of John P. Unknown will simply not qualify. This is why he was the only one who showed up for the post on their last elections.

The other choice is to let the club be taken over by creditors, a topic which nowadays is being touted more openly and change the club from being a member society to a limited partnership. And yet in the midst of all this Pérez insists in further expenses in the form of the stadium remodeling which will bring really nothing further to their coffers (i must admit I really don't know if that remodeling includes some extra seats.) Think about it, will a change of facade really bring in the euros their lack of adequate sporting success has over the last administrations?
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Ruht » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:25 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:I hope they R.Madrid dont reach La Decima before Bayern does, i know its a near impossible wish to make but i just could not handle hearing their fans brag about reaching La Decima. If Bayern or another club was to reach their coveted La Decima which they have spent billions to reach would be the biggest slap in the face to R.Madrid not just sporting wise but as an institution. I can imagine R.Madrid going through a major overhaul, not just players and coaches but even the upper parts of their management being asked to resign. Their whole Galactico culture will be finally b put to shame and their fans would probably go into a long hibernation :twisted:

Even if they finally win that 10th CL it really won't be such an achievement. They've spent like 800m euros on players and still haven't won it, if they end up winning it some day I'm pretty sure that will mask their win. Of course their blinded fans won't think about that, but I'm pretty sure (or at least hope so) the media will be all over it.

That being said, I'd love if we got the 10th before them :D I don't see it happening soon, but as of right now we and Barcelona are the only teams that have a chance of reaching them. For now though, my sights are set on Milan's number :wink:
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:02 pm

Looks like i mispoke earlier about racism in Spanish football, Real Madrid fans were fined for Nazi symbols :mrgreen:

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:48 pm

Seems like the debt people say RM has is in liabilities which is different from debt....

http://swissramble.blogspot.fr/2012/04/truth-about-debt-at-barcelona-and-real.html?m=1

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:42 pm

CR7 is showing Bale what it means to be a Galactico :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381956143.403401.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381956168.300814.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Ruht » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:09 pm

No meme or gif in the world can describe how I feel while looking at those photos, especially the second one. :|
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United Kingdom

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe