You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Spanish football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: Spanish football

Postby MoFattal » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:59 am

Real Madrid's insistence on fielding Bale in a non-suitable position (because his actual position is held by Ronaldo, so no discussion there) will break any small harmony left within the squad and leave them trophyless in May.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Bazi » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:42 pm

MoFattal wrote:Real Madrid's insistence on fielding Bale in a non-suitable position (because his actual position is held by Ronaldo, so no discussion there) will break any small harmony left within the squad and leave them trophyless in May.

His best position at Tottenham was actually that of a SS / CAM and not on the left wing. On the right wing he looks like a mix of Hulk and Arjen Robben and that for € 100m! They got robbed, or well, they threw their money away describes it more accurately.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby runaway » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:00 pm

Bale hasn't played full 90 minutes yet so it's hard to tell if these average performances is because of the injury and he's not yet settled, etc. We'll see if he ever gets fit and play a 90 minute game, how he does.

I hope Real Madrid never gets rid of Arbeloa. That guy is a dead weight. :lol:
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby lau03143 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:57 pm

runaway wrote:Bale hasn't played full 90 minutes yet so it's hard to tell if these average performances is because of the injury and he's not yet settled, etc. We'll see if he ever gets fit and play a 90 minute game, how he does.

I hope Real Madrid never gets rid of Arbeloa. That guy is a dead weight. :lol:

He yas average before he went to Real. That might explain a lot too...
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby tflags » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:10 pm

Bazi wrote:His best position at Tottenham was actually that of a SS / CAM and not on the left wing.

I really hate to question this but this is based on ......?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:49 pm

tflags wrote:
Bazi wrote:His best position at Tottenham was actually that of a SS / CAM and not on the left wing.

Im not saying this is where Bazi made his statement from but transfermarkt has him playing as a SS/CAM a number of times and he looked like he scored a good amount their, even though he played on the LW the majority of games....

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/gareth-bale/leistungsdaten/spieler_39381_2012.html
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby runaway » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:40 pm

From watching some of the Spurs games last season, he was a roaming attacker. I'm not sure if Ancelotti will allow him that role because Ronaldo, Isco, and him were all roaming mids last season and that would just leave gaps if they all do that.
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Bazi » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:22 pm

tflags wrote:

Obviously on the games I saw from Tottenham and when you look at the link Firefox posted you can even see an official source. Bale exploded as a free attacker who was playing left and right but his most dangerous situations and goals went mainly through the middle. Even when he was lined up as a left winger.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby AdepT » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:45 pm

Bale was a LB. He was moved up on the flank. And played under Redknapp there.
AVB decided to use him in center. It worked and more and more goals came. Under AVB, he played both positions depending upon his tactics for the game. His natural playing position is LW though he can play in the center.

As for RM, CAM is Isco's spot and LW is CR's. So it'll take time for him to get used to playing as a RW. Di Maria is still playing far better than him. So Bale's development is going to take time.

Though, RM could play Di Maria-Bale-CR. I'm not sure Isco would be benched but that front line could be given a try.
Maybe remove Benzema and play a 4-2-1-3 with Isco behind the front three.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Ruht » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:27 pm

^ No way is Isco going to be benched for anything besides being rested. He is in great form and is Spanish, won't go well with their fans. Also a 3 of Ronaldo-Bale-ADM will severely lack in creativity. They won't get so many chances for goals with that trio. Simply put, Isco must play or otherwise they'll look pretty average creativity-wise.
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby runaway » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:35 pm

Against Getafe, Isco was supposed to be on the bench and Bale to have his debut but he got an injury before kick-off so Isco stepped in. I think fans would take more offense if Bale is the one on the bench. So if Bale gets fully fit, Isco and Di Maria would have to be the one rotating often.

At this point, Benzema is lucky there are no other ST except Morata. Though, I hope the kid gets to start on one of the games in La Liga. He showed more on the meager minutes he was subbed in for the derby than Benzema in 90 minutes.
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:38 am

The problem with Real Madrid is that they are being ran by a bunch of people who need to turn off the PS3/Xbox and tune in to the real world. You cannot shell out 200m a season and fill your starting XI with pace whores and expect to win trophies. Mou wasnt the problem imo he was just showing everyone how badly run the club was and tried to take control of the mess we called RM by butting heads with CR7, Perez and Zidane. Good for R.Madrid they brought in a yes man like Ancelotti :lol:

Edit: Also i would like to make another point to why R.Madrid is a joke, two words Alvaro Arbeloa :lol: Bayern have had some shit fullbacks in our day but damn i would prefer lining up a traffic cone over this guy :mrgreen:
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MoFattal » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:42 am

Firefox1234 wrote:Also i would like to make another point to why R.Madrid is a joke, two words Alvaro Arbeloa

Arbeloa isn't as bad as many people think. He just isn't "flashy" enough for Madrid and hence is always considered below RM's standards. He is certainly not of the best RBs out there, but I still would prefer having an Arbeloa than a Marcelo on my team.

Firefox1234 wrote:The problem with Real Madrid is that they are being ran by a bunch of people who need to turn off the PS3/Xbox and tune in to the real world.

That's an offense for gaming consoles. They are more realistic than Madrid. Even FUT doesn't give you full chemistry when throwing in a bunch of top-class players in different positions ;)
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Ruht » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:59 am

I just can't wait for the Classico and Barca to thrash them (hopefully). That's when things will go all bananas. It's such a comedy watching it all unfold year after year in Madrid. What is even funnier is their fans and Perez never learn. :D
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby MaCk0y » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:01 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:The problem with Real Madrid is that they are being ran by a bunch of people who need to turn off the PS3/Xbox and tune in to the real world. You cannot shell out 200m a season and fill your starting XI with pace whores and expect to win trophies. Mou wasnt the problem imo he was just showing everyone how badly run the club was and tried to take control of the mess we called RM by butting heads with CR7, Perez and Zidane. Good for R.Madrid they brought in a yes man like Ancelotti :lol:

Edit: Also i would like to make another point to why R.Madrid is a joke, two words Alvaro Arbeloa :lol: Bayern have had some shit fullbacks in our day but damn i would prefer lining up a traffic cone over this guy :mrgreen:

Hopefully they keep it up. :mrgreen:

Sent from my Neo N003 using Tapatalk 4
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe