You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Spanish football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: Spanish football

Postby Borusse » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:25 am

Atletico are so great at defending! Pure joy to watch their stability at the back. Three games - two against Barca, one against Real - 1 goal conceded. =D>

They will be very tough to beat this season, not only in LaLiga.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Achilles » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:35 am

I can see Athletico as the 2014 BVB at the Champions League.A real dark horse.
Their stability at defense is remarkable and their offense is world class no doubt(Villa-D.Costa) good tactically and their transition game is good enough.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby MoFattal » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:46 am

runaway wrote:Bale, without space and double teammed, was neutralized easily.

Well, Madrid shot Bale in the foot from day one with that ridiculous transfer fee. Whatever he does, he will always be considered an under-achiever.

runaway wrote:Diego Lopez is Real Madrid's no.1. Better buy a pillow for that bench Iker.

It would be criminal to bench Lopez, even for the great Casillas. Currently, Lopez is easily a top 3 GKs in the world.

Borusse wrote:They will be very tough to beat this season, not only in LaLiga.

I'm liking Atletico a lot with Simeone. They are currently one of the most in-form teams in Europe, and the quality of their players is immense. The defend great and attack greater. Diego Costa and Arda Turan are two amazing SOBs.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby runaway » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:57 am

I am happy that they won but the attitude does need improvement. Diego, well he has always been like that, is a total war freak. He went face to face with the ref for a perfectly just yellow card on him. The diving and acting, as well as the dirty tackles needs to be toned down. Even Simone was telling his divers to get up. They're great to watch against the weaker teams in La Liga but their matches against Barca and Madrid is a bit of a pain to watch. Atletico was lucky the ref was fair yesterday, not that Muñiz guy. :lol:
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby MoFattal » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:16 am

Yeah, but one of the ways to beat Real and Barca is to play "their" game, and that is what Atletico has done so far. Plus, a 1-goal win was totally unjust for Atletico as they could have easily scored another 2 if weren't for the posts/bar and the great Lopez.
MoFattal

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby runaway » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:26 am

MoFattal wrote:Yeah, but one of the ways to beat Real and Barca is to play "their" game, and that is what Atletico has done so far. Plus, a 1-goal win was totally unjust for Atletico as they could have easily scored another 2 if weren't for the posts/bar and the great Lopez.

Yes, Atletico has better and more chances and only the brilliance of Lopez, again, saved Madrid from further humiliation. I'm not sure stepping on someone's back in Barca game, was a way to play their game. On the Real Madrdid game, Pepe and Ramos knows how to give it so it was mostly the Atletico players crumbling to the ground.
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby MoFattal » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:45 am

It was dirty on both ends. That is not to say that his kind of play is nice or even justifiable, but it is what it is.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby CaptainLahm21 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:42 am

Atletico deservedly beat them which will upset real more than a fluke 1-0 they do miss ozil
KIMMICH! 
CaptainLahm21
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
England

Postby runaway » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:34 pm

CaptainLahm21 wrote:Atletico deservedly beat them which will upset real more than a fluke 1-0 they do miss ozil

I'm not sure if Ozil can do much since Atletico did beat them in the Copa finals. But I guess they'll have better plays since Real barely had chances.

Atletico is like a vulture waiting for Barca and Real to kill themselves then they're going swoop in and take 1st place. If Atletico and Barca remain unbeaten until El Classico in October and Barca loses, it's a good opportunity to be at the top even for just a short while. :lol:
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Borusse » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:39 pm

Atletico beat Real in Copa Del Ray final but it was a completely different match. Real were actually creating chance after chance but couldnt score + Cortouis had a great game. This time Atletico were the better team and made Real their bitch. :wink:
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby runaway » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:51 pm

Borusse wrote:Atletico beat Real in Copa Del Ray final but it was a completely different match. Real were actually creating chance after chance but couldnt score + Cortouis had a great game. This time Atletico were the better team and made Real their bitch. :wink:

So Ozil would have created chances if he was there but Real did have their chances and was unable to finish it. Even Ronaldo wasted that FK.

Just read Messi's injury would be for about 2-3 weeks. Classico is on the 26th.
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby MoFattal » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:57 pm

Messi will start getting a lot of those injuries from now on. It started out last season. He's been inhumanly utilized over the past 5 years, so it's just perfectly normal his body starts reacting negatively. In fact, last year's injury was way overdue. I like Messi, but both Barca and himself need to understand how to take it easy a bit.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby runaway » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:06 pm

MoFattal wrote:Messi will start getting a lot of those injuries from now on. It started out last season. He's been inhumanly utilized over the past 5 years, so it's just perfectly normal his body starts reacting negatively. In fact, last year's injury was way overdue. I like Messi, but both Barca and himself need to understand how to take it easy a bit.

Tata has been great so far at man-managing, Fabregas was rested last week while Neymar and Xavi was supposed to be rested last game but Xavi had to take Messi's place. Messi also got subbed off when they had it in the bag. At least Barca has someone that knows how to use substitution these days. For me, it's a good opportunity for them to find someone else to rely on without the pressure like what happened last season. Though when Messi came off last game, one of the commentators even said, "Barca is playing like Spain without Messi, pass pass pass." :lol:
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:11 pm

I was drunk when I saw the Madrid derby score and thought I was imagining things. :lol:
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:44 pm

The last time that Atletico defeated Real Madrid in La Liga was back in 1999 and I remember that game in Bernabeu with Hasselbaink scoring great goals :D But that season they relegated to the second division :cry:

I've always liked Atletico because I was born in Madrid, so they have a little space in my heart and I really enjoyed their win yesterday. The key for their success is their coach Cholo Simeone. He played in Atletico a long time ago and he was a great warrior and one of the fan favourites.

The team was totally dead when he arrived 2 years ago and he totally changed the tactics and the mentality of every player. Another important thing are their supporters. The players are very close to the supporters unlike Real Madrid and his diva players

I watched the game and I saw two totally different teams.

Every player in Atletico de Madrid knew exactly what to do in every moment of the match. They had a great gameplan and the players fully trust the coach

Nobody knew exactly what to do in Real Madrid. The players were confused and didn't know what to do at all. Too many stars but no gameplan

Just look at Filipe Luis owning Bale, Arbeloa and Khedira

Real are missing not only Özil but also Xabi Alonso who had a vital role in the team.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe