You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Spanish football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: Spanish football

Postby #12 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:54 pm

ramsej84 wrote:God Bless Real Madrid's luck...

It's not necessarily luck when you have great management... Ours on the other hand is hoping for another Robbery from the clearance sale at a dollar store...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:06 pm

It's not luck. Real Madrid have signed some good Spanish youth prospects recently. Some of them failed (Canales, Illarramendi) and some other are doing well (Asensio, Isco)

They signed Dani Ceballos from Betis this year. Let's see how he goes.

And btw, Germany U21 "B" squad thrashed a Spanish U21 side with the likes of Asensio, Saul, Dani Ceballos, Bellerin, Sandro etc :wink:
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:07 pm

I'm sure he meant they're lucky their rivals rejected him...

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:57 pm

Yes, that's true. But it's clear that they've been investing in young Spanish talent, so I'm not surprised they finally got players like Asensio or Isco

My last sentence of the previous post was more directed to #12 :)

Actually it seems like Bayern might be doing something similar with Gnabry and Brandt. Investing in German talent who is at least as good as Spanish.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Manchu » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:06 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Yes, that's true. But it's clear that they've been investing in young Spanish talent, so I'm not surprised they finally got players like Asensio or Isco

Actually it seems like Bayern might be doing something similar with Gnabry and Brandt. Investing in German talent who is at least as good as Spanish.

Judging from the results of this summer's tournaments, I would say that Germany's talent pool is deeper than Spain's pool and probably even France's pool. Making it a club policy to bring in 1-2 young German talents a year is a good idea.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby #12 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:13 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Yes, that's true. But it's clear that they've been investing in young Spanish talent, so I'm not surprised they finally got players like Asensio or Isco

I know... But don't you think this is an apple meets orange situation?!?

I mean, honestly, I'd expect Bayern to tear every NT in the world a new one - and a big one...
I'm not saying Germany doesn't have talent - it's just not on the wings or FB positions (and to a certain extent the CF...)
Also, Germany is a tournament team - meaning they overperform in tournaments and underperform in qualifiers, etc...
Point being: I'm fine with getting (good) Germans... But not just for the sake of getting Germans, when there's better players around...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:57 pm

Germans can't praise other Germans or being proud or something otherwise they will be called nazis... #12 is the product of post war Germans there is no cure for that

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:39 am

ramsej84 wrote:Germans can't praise other Germans or being proud or something otherwise they will be called nazis... #12 is the product of post war Germans there is no cure for that

Is there anything you can view without a right-wing bullshit perspective? On top of that - still and as always - ignoring everything already put forth? (really buddy, this shit's driving me crazy!)
There's tons of stuff I'm **** proud of... I'm a **** Patriot, just not in that moronic, uneducated, simple-minded way those self-proclaimed misantropists are...
I think an objective assessment would be to say that we were a little lucky to win that u21 - and that the Spanish were favorites for a reason... We still won and that's awesome - but it's still a fair assessment to say that they played well and IMHO slightly better...

Btt:
I already said it at least twoce today: we have great talents, but right now? Not for the wings or for FB positions...
Also, I'm inclined to believe that Götze is statistically on par with the likes of Draxler and Brandt and we all know how that worked out...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:13 am

#12 wrote:I think an objective assessment would be to say that we were a little lucky to win that u21 - and that the Spanish were favorites for a reason... We still won and that's awesome - but it's still a fair assessment to say that they played well and IMHO slightly better...

I think that Spain might have better individuals, but Germany play better as a team and have a much better coaching staff.
But in that final, Germany thrashed Spain. It was just 1-0, yet Germany was so much better.

#12 wrote:Also, I'm inclined to believe that Götze is statistically on par with the likes of Draxler and Brandt and we all know how that worked out...

:coffee:

Götze turned out to be sick. A healthy Götze was one of the greatest talents in recent footballs history

I'm surprised by the fact that you call instantly any German player "mediocre" . Yes, there might be mediocre and overrated German players, but Draxler, Gnabry, Brandt, Goretzka.... there is talent in there too

Investing in German players is good for many reasons

1- Germany has one of the best young talent pools
2- Players are already adapted to Bundesliga and German culture
3- They are likely to have Bayern as one of their favourites destinations
4- More likely than not they will come for a cheap/decent price
5- Current best team in the world (RM) is doing the same in Spain
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby #12 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:26 am

YlonenXabi wrote:
#12 wrote:I think an objective assessment would be to say that we were a little lucky to win that u21 - and that the Spanish were favorites for a reason... We still won and that's awesome - but it's still a fair assessment to say that they played well and IMHO slightly better...

I think that Spain might have better individuals, but Germany play better as a team and have a much better coaching staff.
But in that final, Germany thrashed Spain. It was just 1-0, yet Germany was so much better.

#12 wrote:Also, I'm inclined to believe that Götze is statistically on par with the likes of Draxler and Brandt and we all know how that worked out...

:coffee:

Götze turned out to be sick. A healthy Götze was one of the greatest talents in recent footballs history

I'm surprised by the fact that you call instantly any German player "mediocre" . Yes, there might be mediocre and overrated German players, but Draxler, Gnabry, Brandt, Goretzka.... there is talent in there too

Investing in German players is good for many reasons

1- Germany has one of the best young talent pools
2- Players are already adapted to Bundesliga and German culture
3- They are likely to have Bayern as one of their favourites destinations
4- More likely than not they will come for a cheap/decent price
5- Current best team in the world (RM) is doing the same in Spain

You think so? I think after that - lucky - goal, they deserved at least the equalizer... Be that as it may: you exactly repeated my point: they work better as a NT, but NTs are inferior to club teams - and therefore, individual talent is not necessarily bad

I was talking about Götze at Bayern specifically... I acknowledge talent... I just have never seen anything outstanding by Brandt... Gnabry is half-decent, but IMHO not Cl-contender decent... He'll be enough for Bundesliga, which seems to be our only aim in the future... I know it's a hyperbole, but from a European top level perspective, being satisfied with BuLi is mediocre... Now Draxler is just soooo inconsistent... He's not mediocre, but he's nowhere near the game changer people make him out to be... Goretzka is somewhat interesting - but he was unable to bring order to his midfield in frickin' Hannover (I know it's just one game - it's also just an example)...
I don't say that instantly, there's enough players I like (while Timo Werner is still an asshole, he's improved greatly for example...) - just not really one of those 3

And RM is also getting outstanding players for positions where there's better ones than the Spanish

(Also, we're REALLY shit at developing talent in general, bit also Germans... Kurt, Götze, Hummels, ...)

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCB12Forever » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:28 am

#12 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Germans can't praise other Germans or being proud or something otherwise they will be called nazis... #12 is the product of post war Germans there is no cure for that

Is there anything you can view without a right-wing bullshit perspective? On top of that - still and as always - ignoring everything already put forth? (really buddy, this shit's driving me crazy!)
There's tons of stuff I'm **** proud of... I'm a **** Patriot, just not in that moronic, uneducated, simple-minded way those self-proclaimed misantropists are...
I think an objective assessment would be to say that we were a little lucky to win that u21 - and that the Spanish were favorites for a reason... We still won and that's awesome - but it's still a fair assessment to say that they played well and IMHO slightly better...

Btt:
I already said it at least twoce today: we have great talents, but right now? Not for the wings or for FB positions...
Also, I'm inclined to believe that Götze is statistically on par with the likes of Draxler and Brandt and we all know how that worked out...

You brought up a very good question , #12. Why are good wingers so rare in Germany? Is it because the winter is colder so they don't train dribbling as much as they want, or something else?

I read an article by the Muchner Fussball Schule, and they might have a hint: their coach called "Michi" IIRC, wrote, if there would be a boy in a youth team, that he was much faster than the other boys, they would simply give the ball to the fast boy, and the fast boy would simply run down the pitch, and set up the goal all by himself. This is not fair for the other children because they lose the chance of practice. So they will tell the fast boy to 'keep up' with the rest of the team. After a certain amount of time the fast boy would not run as fast as he can. I don't know if I got him right because I was reading through the translator, and I couldn't find the article anymore. If you can shed a light on this, much appreciated.

And you said, the German NT is underperforming in the qualifiers... I mean.. why would they go all out to destroy Czech Rep by the likes of 7-0 all the time..? It is not necessary..
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:20 pm

Simeone signed a two year extension
Simeone all'Atletico Madrid fino al 2020 [source]
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:20 pm

First he reduced his contract from 2020 to 2018, now again he's extended till 2020. Obviously he's expecting to win another La Liga title till then.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:58 pm

Real Madrid 1-1 Levante

5 points in three games.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:29 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Real Madrid 1-1 Levante

5 points in three games.
Just saw the final score on live sc...
Levante had just one shot...

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe