You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Spanish football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: Spanish football

Postby zuki46 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:29 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Who the heck pays 20 million for a 31 year old CB that is not even that good?

Totally agree with you but not all transfers make "football" sense. :wink:
zuki46
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby runaway » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:16 pm

So they finally met the release clause lmao they've been chasing him for a while now.

via Tapatalk
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Ruht » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:49 am

Weltmeister wrote:
Ruht wrote:The moment he signs for Madrid his market value will increase tenfold. Why is he not marketable anyway? He is pretty, is good on the ball and, like I mentioned, he is signing for Real Madrid. Adidas will be all over this now. If he manages to show his talent regularly he will be their new poster boy after Ronaldo's gone.

Bernabeu was full of colombians and 900 jerseys were sold in one hour at the official store. Sadly this is is all that matters in football; money.

and please don't compare James with Ronaldo :evil: Ronaldo is one of the best players in the world as well as product market. James will probably sell thousands of jerseys but he is far away of him. At his age Ronaldo had already been considered one of the best and he had won a CL and the Ballon d'or

I'm talking marketability here. If James reproduces his World Cup form for Madrid on a daily basis, you think he won't bring enough revenue? He won't get close to Ronaldo, no one can. I'm just saying that he has all the necessary attributes to be a great marketing tool. Whether it would happen is another story.

As for Barca and their new CB, I'd be livid if I were a Barcelona fan. Close to £20m for a 30-year-old is absurd. Their board is a disgrace. It's a step in the right direction, however, at least they bought a defender.

Last edited by Ruht on Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby endrity » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:20 am

I was very impressed by James in the WC, saw all their games too because everyone had Colombia as a bit of a darkhorse and they did not dissapoint. The thing that impressed me the most about him was that unlike most number 10s who are are a bit "soft", James had a lot of drive and tenacity in him. Reminded me a bit of Ribery at his best, who keeps going at defenders until he wears them down physically and mentally.

To me James was THE standout player of the WC, in 5 games didn't even have a good game, he was superb in all of them. If that's the James that shows up at RM, this investment will be more than worth it both in sporting as well as financial terms for them. Much more than even Bale was, who despite a very good season I don't think we will ever count as one of the top 5 players in the world. James could get there I think and could really be the poster boy post-Ronaldo, something that I don't think Bale can be.

Unfortunately RM are way ahead of everyone in this regard, they created this myth in the beginning of the 2000s that they were the top club and all top players had to go there and it became a bit of a self-fullfilling prophecy. They bought enough world class players even through debt but everyone started believing this myth, agents, players and most importantly sponsors. They were nowhere near as big in the 90s, or at any time since the late 50s really. This newfound status of theirs has nothing to do with Di Stefano and Puskas, but it's all down to Perez and his policies.

From a Bayern perspective it means that the club really has to grow the brand worldwide, being the best in Germany is not anymore good enough because most of the revenue now is from global and not domestic sources. To their credit, I think the club realizes this and are working on it. But I'd like to see us be able to spend James

Dortmund for example are way behind on this, they keep doing their summer training in Austria and play friendlies against local Ruhr sides. They need to start thinking globally fast, planning on summer tours etc. They are playing one friendly against Liverpool at the end of the summer, so I guess that's a start.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby runaway » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:10 am

Spend 70M to buy a player that we already got on our team? If image is all there is we need, we can spend that money on brand managers. We have enough likable players all they need is a way to reach the market.

You can sell a piece of shit if you marketed it right.

Look at how Neymar become a global name. Brazil football has a brand, a myth too, if you like. The world is always looking for the next Pele, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho... he hitched his star on that bandwagon and became the future and face of Brazil.

Europe, out for the next big thing, ate up his skill videos in youtube. The people behind him was brilliant on making him stay in Brazil as long as possible. If he move to Europe at an early age, like Oscar, he'll be just be another of the hundreds of Brazilian in Europe. But staying in Brazil gives him the chance to be the star of their league. Despite Santos actually behind their competitors in the league. But Europe doesn't give a shit about Brazilian league, so if the media says he's the best, he's the best.

Bayern won't be able to follow RM and PL team's marketing strategy. We have a team full of Germans while most of them have diverse nationalities. We don't have a superstar. We have a team of stars.

If I was part of Bayern's marketing team, I'd suggest to market Bayern as THE TEAM. Not the DREAM Team like RM had gone for. Emphasize we play as a team, we work as a team, we lose a team, we win as a team. Don't focus on one player. After the WC, people already know German football as a system that doesn't depend on a player. Make Rambazamba as synonynous to Bayern as tiki-taka to Spain and Barca.

But, the best and easiest way to achieve global popularity is still success. Everyone pays attention to winners. If both Bayern and Germany have dominant years like Spain and Barcelona, we don't even need to pay for advertisers.

via Tapatalk
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:24 am

Suarez may start season from the beginning,while I think it does make sense I believe that if he was still a Lpool player the decision would have remained the same [source]
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:38 am

Definitely. Barca just knows how to play the books. The ban was severe, but it was confirmed and upheld later on. You cannot just change the rulings because Barcelona are now involved. But I guess they had planned/known about from the moment he was signed.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:47 am

MoFattal wrote:Definitely. Barca just knows how to play the books. The ban was severe, but it was confirmed and upheld later on. You cannot just change the rulings because Barcelona are now involved. But I guess they had planned/known about from the moment he was signed.

plus the old ban from UEFA what happened to that transfer(s) ban????
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:18 am

It was appealed, allowing them to sign a 100 player before it is enforced :D
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:50 am

RM have already made like 5% gain on James' price by selling 900 Shirts in an hour...
They've already forgot Kroos...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby runaway » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:17 pm

Teams don't gain much by shirt sales that's a myth. Adidas does lmao

via Tapatalk
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Weltmeister » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:34 pm

This morning hold a drawing and surprise! Madrid vs Barceloma will be the same day Suarez punishment off :lol:
Weltmeister
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby pyrasur » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:08 pm

Weltmeister wrote:This morning hold a drawing and surprise! Madrid vs Barceloma will be the same day Suarez punishment off :lol:

He's not allowed even to train with the team during that time. It is unlikely that he will slot in immediately.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Weltmeister » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:34 pm

pyrasur wrote:
Weltmeister wrote:This morning hold a drawing and surprise! Madrid vs Barceloma will be the same day Suarez punishment off :lol:

He's not allowed even to train with the team during that time. It is unlikely that he will slot in immediately.

He will train in clandestine with team, everybody knows it, and besides at middle of august its hopes TAS will down his punishment.
Weltmeister
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby pyrasur » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:17 pm

True. I wouldn't expect them to actually abide by the rules. That would imply they follow proper procedure when it comes to other things like transfers. Oh wait.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe