You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Spanish football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: Spanish football

Postby walter » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:00 pm

So if Madrid gets James and they just got Kroos, who are they going to offload? Isco? Di Maria? Khedira?
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Weltmeister » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:12 pm

walter wrote:So if Madrid gets James and they just got Kroos, who are they going to offload? Isco? Di Maria? Khedira?

Di Maria and Khedira want to leave.
Weltmeister
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby runaway » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:12 pm

Khedira's contract is like Kroos and his agent says there are no further negotiations until he comes back from his holiday. Although there are reports he'll be unveiled by Arsenal this Monday... Di Maria has also attracted suitors. One of them for sure. I think Di Maria will most likely leave. His place in the wings, now occupied by Bale, his place in CM, now occupied by Kroos.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby tflags » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:34 pm

Why do Barza's signings leave you salivating (with a few musical exceptions) and Madrid's running for an aspirin? Or two?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Re: James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Postby TheChampion » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:53 pm

Another thing is the **** JORGE MENDES. Im almost convinced he has persuaded Di Maria in order to force and leave the club (a **** amount of money for Mendes) and also to convince the stupid fans masses Real has that James is worth 70 mio ( and then he would earn a comission, with the two trasfers, almost 30 mio).
TheChampion
Getting the hang of it

Postby Weltmeister » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:53 pm

TheChampion wrote:James is not worth 70 mio. I think the only reason to sign him (apart from the fact he is emergent) is in order to have more market and bussiness in South America, only a pure marketing bullshit.

I think so.

Jorsett wrote:I see, but have you even let ADM go yet?

Sorry, I don't know the meaning of "ADM". Can you explain to me?
Weltmeister
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby TheChampion » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:54 pm

Weltmeister wrote:
TheChampion wrote:James is not worth 70 mio. I think the only reason to sign him (apart from the fact he is emergent) is in order to have more market and bussiness in South America, only a pure marketing bullshit.

I think so.

Jorsett wrote:I see, but have you even let ADM go yet?

Sorry, I don't know the meaning of "ADM". Can you explain to me?

Angel Di Maria
TheChampion
Getting the hang of it

Postby Weltmeister » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:59 pm

Thanks! I don't want to let Di Maria goes out but he has made statements in order to leave.
Weltmeister
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby TheChampion » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:04 pm

Weltmeister wrote:Thanks! I don't want to let Di Maria goes out but he has made statements in order to leave.

See what I wrote. I think that MENDES has manipulted DiMa.
TheChampion
Getting the hang of it

Postby Weltmeister » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:18 pm

TheChampion wrote:
Weltmeister wrote:Thanks! I don't want to let Di Maria goes out but he has made statements in order to leave.

See what I wrote. I think that MENDES has manipulted DiMa.

I read it but Di Maria has wanted to leave since January. I think if Mendes has manipulated someone this is Florentino.
Weltmeister
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby TheChampion » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:57 pm

tflags wrote:Why do Barza's signings leave you salivating (with a few musical exceptions) and Madrid's running for an aspirin? Or two?

Don't know what you mean. Suarez is an awesome striker but his manners probably would have taken problems to Madrid. We will see the trident Nay-Messi and Suarez. It can turn bad as well.

Usually some Real Madrid fans call them Bites, Dives, Fraudster. But I would show more respect for them. It's a considerable trident. Bayern and Madrid should respect it a bit and take serious notes about them.
TheChampion
Getting the hang of it

Postby runaway » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:08 pm

As discussed a few pages back in James' thread, I've said before that James is not exactly marketable. Being Marketable is beyond shirt sales. Shirt sales is pennies compared to the revenue players and clubs share on image rights.

His transfer will generate buzz but after that? He won't be newsworthy beyond football unlike players like Ronaldo, Messi, Ibra, and Neymar. Want more fans in South America? Sorry RM should have fought tooth and nail for Neymar.

via Tapatalk
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Ruht » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:24 am

The moment he signs for Madrid his market value will increase tenfold. Why is he not marketable anyway? He is pretty, is good on the ball and, like I mentioned, he is signing for Real Madrid. Adidas will be all over this now. If he manages to show his talent regularly he will be their new poster boy after Ronaldo's gone.
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby runaway » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:18 am

There's just something that sets these footballers-turned-celebrities apart. They can stay relevant even if the topic barely connects to football. Beckham, Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Ibra, Rooney, even Balotelli, will generate interest and news even for non-football fans. James is an exceptional footballer, of course he'll be marketable with RM's help. But isn't it an overreach for the media to exclaim he's the usher of the new Galactico and RM fans justifying he'll help in bringing in more fans in South Americas? Unlike Zidane, Figo, Beckham, Fat Ronaldo, CR7, etc they come to RM with a fanbase, what James has in tow atm is a bandwagon. :P

For the casual football fans, James was pretty unknown in general. Take Neymar, he hasn't even transferred to Europe and he was hyped as f*ck and has 12 different image rights owner. :lol:

I think one needs a level of attitude (most common in the form of douchebaggery) to sustain the attention and be really marketable (endorsement deals, sponsorship, media reach). Because his meteoric rise to fame came from his performance in WC once the WC fever dies down and the new season kicks in, his performance will be the main focus of interest. Do well, people will talk about him as a WC hero and now RM star. Don't and he'll be a one-tournament wonder, follow Isco and the rest of the team while Ronaldo's shadow looms above them. When Isco signed he was celebrated as the new Zidane by the media, now James is the new Zidane. What a difference a year makes.

Unlike Neymar, Ronaldo, and Balo all they need is to change a strand of their hair, it'll be news. Zlatan just needs to tweet he's Zlatan. :lol: Hmmm is this why Messi keeps getting all these individual awards like Maradona said? If not for those, he really isn't that relevant and interesting for the public isn't he?

Sportspromedia ranks the 50 most marketable athletes in the world annualy. Neymar topped 2013 while Lewis Hamilton topped this year with Ronaldo, first for football players. Players included were: Ronaldo, Neymar, Messi, and Rooney. The Spanish and German national team players were not included because the team brand is bigger than any player.

I believe for most RM fans, Ronaldo's heir apparent is Jese.
Last edited by runaway on Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby tflags » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:39 am

TheChampion wrote:
tflags wrote:Why do Barza's signings leave you salivating (with a few musical exceptions) and Madrid's running for an aspirin? Or two?

Don't know what you mean. Suarez is an awesome striker but his manners probably would have taken problems to Madrid. We will see the trident Nay-Messi and Suarez. It can turn bad as well.

Usually some Real Madrid fans call them Bites, Dives, Fraudster. But I would show more respect for them. It's a considerable trident. Bayern and Madrid should respect it a bit and take serious notes about them.

Y'now, not all grays are painted equally:

sal·i·vate
ˈsaləˌvāt/
verb
gerund or present participle: salivating
secrete saliva, especially in anticipation of food.
display great relish at the sight or prospect of something.
"I was fairly salivating at the prospect of a $10 million loan"
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe