You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Spanish football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: Spanish football

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 21, 2014 4:25 pm

New Barcelona coach Luis Enrique has revealed he is a keen admirer of Pep Guardiola and hopes to build a side that will "excite" supporters.

The 44-year-old was appointed as Gerardo Martino's replacement on Monday and signed a two-year deal after leaving Celta Vigo.

Enrique's return extends his association with the club, having represented them as a player for eight years before a stint in charge of the club's 'B' team.

"I'm aware there will be comparisons with Pep," he told reporters. "I admire him and we're in touch, he has adapted great at his new club.

"Today is a very exciting day for me, a very special day, a day we start to build a new Barca. A Barca that can excite people.

"I am very happy to be here, the new season begins here, we've got things to decide, I am hoping we have got a great season ahead, but I know I have got a big task ahead of me.

"I am more than a manager, I am a leader, I am here to lead, leadership skills are very important.

The former midfielder intends to implement his own attacking style but added he wants to strike a balance between their offensive threat and rearguard resilience.

"Attacking football is what Barca identifies with, that's what we play, what people have fallen in love with but we need to defend well too.

"Obviously I will bring things to the team because I have got my own ideas, but I am hoping for an attractive and effective Barcelona." [source]
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 25, 2014 10:57 am

What do you guys think will be the future of Atletico?

I think they are going to be plundered badly. Courtios and Costa are almost certainly leaving, Godin, Koke, Turan, and Juanfran will have big clubs on the lookout for them, Villa is old...

I think this season was a one-off. :(
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Sun May 25, 2014 11:01 am

Sadly, I think so too. I think their squad will lose more than half of its starters, and the rest won't be capable of repeating the intensity and passion of this season. Plus, Real will come back stronger on the Liga scene, whereas Barca will come back stronger on all scenes.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 25, 2014 11:05 am

Still think Real will disappoint next season though. Barca will be back. They'll win the double, I'm calling it now. ;)
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Burko » Sun May 25, 2014 11:06 am

The biggest loss will be possible leave of Simeone.
I think this guy has skills to bigger club.
1974, 1975, 1976, 2001, 2013, 2017?
Burko
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Slovakia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 25, 2014 11:08 am

Burko wrote:The biggest loss will be possible leave of Simeone.

There are no big clubs after coaches though. Barca and United have found theirs and it looks like Wenger will stay.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Sun May 25, 2014 11:09 am

I don't see Simeone leaving Atletico next season. He'll stick around for another year and then go for one of the big clubs who got a new manager and failed to deliver (Barca, United, Chelsea, PSG, etc.)
MoFattal

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Burko » Sun May 25, 2014 11:11 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

There are no big clubs after coaches though. Barca and United have found theirs and it looks like Wenger will stay.

Well, you are right but who knows, Abramovic will get one of his madness and kick out Mourinho during summer :D

Off topic: Imagine Simeone instead Pep as a coach in Bayern. What do you think?
1974, 1975, 1976, 2001, 2013, 2017?
Burko
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Slovakia

Postby MoFattal » Sun May 25, 2014 11:16 am

I don't think that would work. Simeone would fit much better in teams with less pressure and predetermined objectives. At Bayern, and especially with the current squad, we are expected to win everything. Only a handful of coaches can handle this type of expectations and Pep is one of them. I don't think Simeone is as much as I don't think Klopp is as well.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby AdepT » Sun May 25, 2014 11:26 am

MoFattal wrote:I don't think that would work. Simeone would fit much better in teams with less pressure and predetermined objectives. At Bayern, and especially with the current squad, we are expected to win everything. Only a handful of coaches can handle this type of expectations and Pep is one of them. I don't think Simeone is as much as I don't think Klopp is as well.

Simeone hopefully won't leave. Neither will all players others have mentioned.

Costa is going to be the sole loss. And may be Koke.
Cortouis, even if he leaves, frankly, isn't that big of a loss. Replace him with Reina or get someone from Bundesliga. There's not going to be that big of a difference, even knowing that Cortouis is one the best.
Also, they can increase their depth with players from other mid-table teams on form in La Liga.

As for imagining Simeone at Bayern- I'd say not possible. He isn't the all attack going kinda coach. That's the biggest requirement at Bayern.
The very reason Mou will never be brought here.

Also, Roman won't fire Mou just right now. If he doesn't win the league or CL next year, he'll be under trouble.
I don't even know if any team will take him after that. How many top teams will have vacancies?
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby MoFattal » Sun May 25, 2014 11:28 am

If he fails to at least deliver the EPL next season, Mou will be fired. Simeone might be a suitable replacement then if Atletico manages to repeat this season's performances. As for Mourinho not getting a job, I'd say PSG will be a clear and logical option for him by then.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 25, 2014 11:30 am

AdepT wrote:Cortouis, even if he leaves, frankly, isn't that big of a loss.

[-X [-X In my opinion he was the best Gk this season, even better than Neuer.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AdepT » Sun May 25, 2014 11:31 am

MoFattal wrote:If he fails to at least deliver the EPL next season, Mou will be fired. Simeone might be a suitable replacement then if Atletico manages to repeat this season's performances. As for Mourinho not getting a job, I'd say PSG will be a clear and logical option for him by then.

Yeah, forgot that. Monaco would be a better option seeing all-Mendes' camp there.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby FCB general » Sun May 25, 2014 12:17 pm

Ništa od toga. Simeone announced last week his stay at Atletico.

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I think they are going to be plundered badly. Courtios and Costa are almost certainly leaving, Godin, Koke, Turan, and Juanfran will have big clubs on the lookout for them, Villa is old...

Hehe, they won't be sold. Courtois can be a candidate for Real Madrid since Casillas looks very bad these days. He doesn't have enough options to move somewhere. To me it's logical to stay at Atletico.

Costa will certainly move abroad, Arda will stay, Koke, Gabi and Juanfran as well.

Now about Godin... Who knows, Manchester City with Chilean Pellegrini who depends on Hispanic players might sign him since City's issues are in the last line(center-back position). Maybe Liverpool which desperately need 2 new great CBs can also bring him.

In Bayern the problem is formation. If we buy Godin, we can't push our last line 40 meters from our goal and play like we play. Our defensive line must be deeper in our half and Martinez must play.

Villa can't give anything more. Atletico earned a lot of money in this CL campaign, so Simeone will have an opportunity to bring some new players and he will get the big money from selling Costa.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Ruht » Sun May 25, 2014 1:47 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:What do you guys think will be the future of Atletico?

I think they are going to be plundered badly. Courtios and Costa are almost certainly leaving, Godin, Koke, Turan, and Juanfran will have big clubs on the lookout for them, Villa is old...

I think this season was a one-off. :(

I don't think anyone besides Courtois and Costa would leave. All the others are likely to stay put. Costa won't be a big miss, if you look at their track record with strikers you'd understand. Losing Courtois is going to be huge, their other keeps simply aren't good enough and I'm not sure who could they bring to replace him with.

Make no mistake though, they will be competing next season as well.
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe