You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Financial Fair Play

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: Financial Fair Play

Postby mahoni » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:32 pm

tflags wrote:
MUTU wrote:I think Mancini was too worried about Rummenigge mentioning Man City in regards to UEFA Financial Fair Play to actually find time to read about it and realise that on the course of a few years they will need to sell at least 3/4ths of their players if they want to be allowed to even compete in the Champions League.

One word from the accounting corner. I do believe they have their backs against the wall, precisely for the reasons you just mentioned. City doesn't like (or is not able to) sell at a loss. A matter Bayern of all entities know pretty well given last transfer season's experience with them.

The thing is I believe most people feel that a 200 million loss is due to transfer prices and that would be a yes & no situation. When you spend 40 million for a dude you do not incur in a 40 million loss. You do, however, amortize that amount in x number of years (sorry, not an accountant and much less a football one.)
By selling a player, and finding out that none can make the usual 40 million purchases any longer (look at the Tevez case for example) City would incur in a straight period loss for whatever you undersell him for. I am willing to bet this, in their case, will be huge as they are not a breeding team by any stretch. There is no amortization of the loss; it goes right to their bottom line.

My point is selling players for City is not a viable course of action. That is because no other team have the purchase power to pay what they did for recent stars. Those that do currently selling their ancestors' names and crests in watches to meet FFP rulings.

Selling the big kahunas at a loss will only mean writting off that loss right away instad of a percentage period after period. Selling the less known Tourés will do little impact in their bottom line-a salary unloading won't match that of their more expensive team mates.

Short version of this post is: They are screwed.

Interesting points ... i´m curious about what will happen. I think there are only two scenarios possible for clubs with huge debt right now:
1st is to "reorganize" the whole licence-player squad like for example Milan is doing now. They sold a lot of big players and exchanged them with more unexperienzed and cheaper players. In my opinion they are doing this because of the FFP. Actually they are not that competitiv anymore like they were before but they can grow ...
2nd is to continue on the way they are doing like City is doing or Juve for example. This and the next year there will not be a lot of pressure on them because FFP will start to suspent someone from CL season 2014/15 (thats at least what they said). And at this point it becomes interesting: Maybe there will be some teams (no I´m sure that there will be) whitch are changing nothing because of the FFP-rules and they will say to themselfs: let´s see if they dare to suspent us and if Platini dare to make an example of than they will be constrained to change. That´s what i think.
mahoni
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:08 pm

Hopefully teams like PSG, Zenit, and Chelsea shape up..

http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=3368757
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tflags » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:38 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Hopefully teams like PSG, Zenit, and Chelsea shape up..

For big teams such as two of the ones mentioned here, this move is what locally can be translated as 'a salute to the flag:' looks good but hardly resolves anything in real life.

Keep in mind these profits are being 'withheld,' which turns out to be the key word here. PSG and Chelsea are clubs without cash flow issues, what they need is a way to 'launder' the huge investments their owners are willing to afford. In this situation, recognizing that you did earn a profit and then withholding that profit is like telling a money launderer you are not paying him for his legal services; but he has indeed earned them.

It can be argued that these clubs are free to register their revenue for winning that game or cup or whatever. Them not receiving the actual cash is beyond the fact that they will post a profit in their books; though they will account them as 'revenues receivable' or whatever instead of 'cash at hand.'

What they oughta do is take away the prize itself by failing to recognize the profit in the first place. FFP was meant to control the big kohunas, all they need is to do is balance their books, not their bank accounts.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby lau03143 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:31 pm

What's going to happen is the their investors will put their money in on sponsorship deals so it's earnings for their club.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:34 pm

Apparently Atletico Madrid released there books to UEFA!

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:30 am

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby smaw2010 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:18 am

Firefox1234 wrote:Man C being responisble?!?!

http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=3379375

At least they didn't spend so much this summer unlike Chelsea
smaw2010
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCB general » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:39 pm

I'm not worried about this FFP, when I'm looking City and PSG, money can't win titles easily as someone thought that it's possible.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby MoFattal » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:48 pm

Goal.com:
PSG set for €400m Qatar sponsorship

PSG have received a four-year sponsorship proposal from a Qatari bank valued at €100 million per year, which dwarfs their current €3.5m-per-year deal. However, Uefa have regulations in place to deal with such inflated contracts.

This is how you screw FFP :P
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:41 pm

WTF!!!! Where can Bayern get these deals, they play in Quatar quite often :P

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Re: Financial Fair Play will fail

Postby supra969 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:50 pm

spend a shit load CHECK
sign a sponsorship with a company you own or have an association with for a shitload of cash CHECK
have a company you own buy naming rights for your home stadium CHECK

and then UEFA steps in and **** all the normal clubs

i thought FFP would have been something great turns out its worse the fox news
i love teams that park the bus
supra969
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby SouthernStar » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:01 am

Ok well even though this is from freaking LOL.com (as Commodore lovingly calls them) and their frequent visitors are EPL and Serie Z cheerleaders, along with Barca and Real Madrid fanboys. I don't know if this had been blown up the usual style by LOL.com or what, but it pissed the heck out of me just by reading the comments :evil: :evil: :evil:

Meanwhile, Al-Khelafi has defended the amount the club has spent on wages, after Bayern Munich chief-executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said that the wages being paid to Ibrahimovic gave him a 'stomach ache'.

"If Karl-Heinze Rummenigge is sick with the wages we offer, he should go and meet a doctor," Al-Khelaifi added.

"We take big care of our expenses. For example, Thiago Silva does not earn one more cent than what he earned at AC Milan. To me, Zlatan Ibrahimovic is the best forward in the world."http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2012/09/28/3409921/tevez-wage-demands-too-much-for-paris-saint-germain

* And obviously LOL at Slutan being considered the best forward in the world.

It's funny how we're actually one of the top paying clubs in the world... (http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7850531/espn-magazine-sportingintelligence-global-salary-survey-espn-magazine) And if Kalle thinks P$G paid astronomical wages for their top players then it's quite worrying how much these sugar daddies clubs spent on wages! And if P$G thinks Tevez's wages is too much, I freaking wonder how much $hitty pays for him (I heard some of their recent contract extensions involve high increase in pay rise)! It seems that we'll just have to wait about the 2013 season reports and see how this will affect the future spending by the sugar daddies clubs.
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:37 am

I have grown not to care about other clubs' spending. It is simply not sustainable and it will fail sooner or later, whether FFP is implemented or not.

As long as Bayern continue to be a model for other clubs financially, and it will be interesting now that Hopfner is gone, I am content.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby lau03143 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:08 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I have grown not to care about other clubs' spending. It is simply not sustainable and it will fail sooner or later, whether FFP is implemented or not.

As long as Bayern continue to be a model for other clubs financially, and it will be interesting now that Hopfner is gone, I am content.

Yeah, that's pretty much my thoughts. Bayern more than compete without being effectively insolvent.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby SouthernStar » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:52 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I have grown not to care about other clubs' spending. It is simply not sustainable and it will fail sooner or later, whether FFP is implemented or not.

True they're thinking short-term business sustainability and that will go bust sooner or later (however, I don't see Abramovich letting his hair down any time soon). Maybe I'm just mad whenever other clubs *especially sugar daddies clubs* try to throw comments like that back in our face and basically disregard it. It's as if they're saying "screw the way model clubs handle their business, we are gonna piss on every financial fair play rules and we'll get away with it..."

Which is why I'm still skeptical about the whole FFP thing; as it stands right now, Chel$ki and P$G should definitely be banned (Man $hitty on the other hand had been trying to be responsible this summer). I know they're still going to find some looophole to cover the gap in their balance sheet to meet the minimum standard. Even if UEFA is trying to withhold prize money for certain clubs, the thing is most of them are not considered "heavyweight clubs" (with the exception of Athletico I guess) that can cause UEFA to lose revenue because of broadcasting rights etc...
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe