You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Financial Fair Play

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: Financial Fair Play will fail

Postby Element » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:40 am

Actually there is a rule that says that ANY FIFA related problem is solved by fifa courts and is not allowed to go to any normal court

Or the club/Federation will be banned

And IMO it is france who should be afraid not FIFA
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Financial Fair Play (will not fail! I hope...)

Postby dambun » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:02 am

Interesting Q&A

It's really heart-warming to see UEFA taking FFP so seriously.... :D
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Re: Financial Fair Play will fail

Postby lau03143 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:41 am

Element wrote:Actually there is a rule that says that ANY FIFA related problem is solved by fifa courts and is not allowed to go to any normal court

Or the club/Federation will be banned

And IMO it is france who should be afraid not FIFA

There is a rule that says that, but it's something they very rarely act on. Again, Sion in Switzerland and Rangers in Scotland. Two examples where the national associations were taken through the civil law courts, but UEFA/FIFA took no action against the associations.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:08 pm

Hey tflags, could you link me to the interview? I'd like to read it all.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby tflags » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:41 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Hey tflags, could you link me to the interview? I'd like to read it all.

Sure.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:53 pm

tflags wrote:One of the topics most people argue will make FFP fail is a lucrative owner bankrolling their team by overpricing their sellables, mainly sponsorship deals. Here are some Q&As on the topic, from the more informed guys:

Q: What's to stop a wealthy owner from simply doing a bogus deal between one of his other companies and his club to inflate revenue? For example, an owner could sign a million sponsorship deal between his ball-bearing company and his club and they'd instantly have all this extra money to spend.

A: Many point to the very lucrative sponsorship deal that Manchester City signed with Etihad, an airline that happens to be owned, like City, by Sheikh Mansour as an example of this. UEFA is pretty vigliant here. The regulations say that sponsorship deals will be "benchmarked" against those struck by other clubs. So, for example, if Barcelona has a million sponsorship agreement with someone and it's the highest in the world, then a smaller club with less reach than Barca can't very well claim a million deal. Or, rather, UEFA will calculate only a proportion of that and assume the rest is bogus or a covert "gift" from the owner.

Thiago Silva signed with PSG for a transfer fee reported to be around 42 million euros.
UEFA has made it very clear that it has closed all loopholes in terms of getting around the FFP regulations. This includes other types of transactions between a club and "related" companies. Again, using City as an example, the club can't sell a pen to one of Mansour's other companies or Mansour himself for million. Or, rather, City could, but only the benchmarked value of the pen would count toward FFP.

Q by the way is Gabriel Marcotti, A is Michel Platini.

The only problem with PSG's sponsorship deal with Qatar Sports Investments is that QSI's European head is Laurent Platini, son of UEFA president Michel Platini. Let's see if Michel is ready to call his son's deal with his fellow countrymen fraudulent, because I'm going to be expecting he will be trying to push the right buttons for this deal to go through. Seems to me like PSG certainly found themselves a nice loophole.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:04 pm

A: Many point to the very lucrative sponsorship deal that Manchester City signed with Etihad, an airline that happens to be owned, like City, by Sheikh Mansour as an example of this. UEFA is pretty vigliant here. The regulations say that sponsorship deals will be "benchmarked" against those struck by other clubs. So, for example, if Barcelona has a million sponsorship agreement with someone and it's the highest in the world, then a smaller club with less reach than Barca can't very well claim a million deal. Or, rather, UEFA will calculate only a proportion of that and assume the rest is bogus or a covert "gift" from the owner.

So, this basically means that City's sponsorship deal is not yet valued by UEFA, and when it does (at the end of this term?), it should by no means be more than that of Barca's, the probable UEFA "benchmark".

I smell loopholes already.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby tflags » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:41 pm

MUTU wrote:Let's see if Michel is ready to call his son's deal with his fellow countrymen fraudulent, because I'm going to be expecting he will be trying to push the right buttons for this deal to go through. Seems to me like PSG certainly found themselves a nice loophole.

Let us see if Platini is willing to risk his FIFA candidacy go through the drain by not backing his pet project and most emblematic UEFA triumphs to be. Just sayin.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Re: Financial Fair Play

Postby MoFattal » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:23 am

Well, he might be waiting for one of the big spenders to actually fail to qualify for the CL, and then he hits them with a ban ;) They won't mind not playing the EL.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:31 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MoFattal » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:55 am

Seems serious, for now.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:33 pm

I have just written an article arguing against FFP, and I wanted to let you know that a lot of the research was done from this thread. The article itself will not be published as it is merely something I am going to present to the editors in order to be given a role, so I will put it up on the forum's blog in a few days/weeks. :)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby runaway » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:36 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I have just written an article arguing against FFP, and I wanted to let you know that a lot of the research was done from this thread. The article itself will not be published as it is merely something I am going to present to the editors in order to be given a role, so I will put it up on the forum's blog in a few days/weeks. :)

That would be an interesting read. I'll look out for it. :)
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:56 am

Thanks to recent events by PSG and their potential €200m/yr "sponsorship" i think its time to shine some light on FFP. Anyone who is expecting clubs like Man C, PSG, Chelsea, to falter has to stop lying to themselves. In my opinion the damage has been done when it comes to those clubs. Those clubs have established themselves as European contenders and will not just go away easily. Especially Chelsea who have won a UCL, and being the first London based team to do so sets them up pretty well. Man C and PSG are also in commercially viable areas(Paris and Manchester). All FFP will do will stop future clubs from gaining success in the same way and keep the status quo in check. Their really isnt anything fair about FFP to be honest but it will help stable the current market. If FFP was initiated 10-15 years ago maybe something more helpful could have been done. I dont expect UEFA to do anything about PSG and Man City's shady deals. They will probably give a long and hard analysis of the deal lasting 10 seconds before saying anything. Im probably just rambling but i felt like it had to be said.
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I have just written an article arguing against FFP, and I wanted to let you know that a lot of the research was done from this thread. The article itself will not be published as it is merely something I am going to present to the editors in order to be given a role, so I will put it up on the forum's blog in a few days/weeks. :)

Your not obligated to share this but if you are i would appreciate if you posted a link
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:05 am

Hey Firefox! I assure you I have not forgotten about the article. :) I haven't posted it yet for two reasons:
1) I would like a bit more time to pass from its original use.
2) The latest blog post is not that old. Since the blog is not so active, it would be better to let a little more time pass.

Regarding the PSG sponsorship. I am not sure whether this is a new deal or an old deal resurfacing. My article includes comments on a PSG sponsorshup by Qatar Tourism Authority worth 700 million euros over four years. If this is an additional deal it makes it pretty obvious that this is no sponsorship, but an attempt to get around the rules. If it's the same deal resurfacing, the situation is pretty bad anyway.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe