You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

European Football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

European Football

Postby tflags » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:04 pm

Curiously enough, European football is merely a category on the forum while still lacking it's own thread.

Many times forum members discuss certain leagues as being tactical (EPL), defensive (Serie A), Possesive (La Liga) or Physical (Bundesliga). While contrasting these views against raw data, one might find there's no correlation between these opinions and those shown on the pitch.

Except for one. Which we will cover here.

Let's start with possession which Bayern still commands at 64.4% so far this season. The Bundesliga has two teams leading in possesion as Barza comes in second (Spain), PSG (France) MC (EPL) and Dortmund (GER) in second to fifth respectively.

That seems pretty even other than Serie A serious lacking between the top 5 impulsive posessive teams in Europe's top 5 leagues.

What about physicality? In terms of fouls and red card; we have Alaves (SPA) leading with 85 fouls and 4 red cards followed by Cagilari (ITA) 74/8, Málaga (SPA) 72/7, Sporting Gijón (SPA) 75/4 and Palermo (ITA) 69/4. It is clearly representative that both Spain and Italy share the spoils here as the leagues with the more aggresive teams.

Up in the Air. Someone made a big fuss about second balls and having to adapt to England's football. That is quite surprising as there are no English clubs in the top five Aerial Duels Won ranking. Real Madrid, Roma, PSG, Angers and Juventus rank from 1 to 5 with 60.4% to 57.7% of up in the air duels won.

The new Santos. So; who's the new dribbling king of Europe and is any league master and comkmander in this respect? Hardly. The EPL is well represented with Chelsea (14.5) top followed by Spain (Barcelona, 14.3 dribbles per game), EPL again (MC 13.1), France (Lyon 12.7) and England again with Arsenal fifth at 12.5.

What about defensive measures? As for tackles Esnpanyol (1st) , Valencia (2nd) and Celta (4th) Spain has certainly good tacking teams with Leipzig and Nantes coming in at third and fifth for Germany and France.

Pass Accuracy? PSG and Nice for France in 1st and 2nd, Italy Germany and Spain on that order follow with Napoli, Bayern and RM.

Shots per game? Real Madrid (SPA), Napoli (ITA), Inter (ITA), Spurs (ENG) and Roma (ITA) average around 17 shots per game.

As you can see, no single league in Europe can be attributted as being dominant in aggression, possesion, accuracy, attempts at goal, tackling or dribbling. Certainly not on aerial football either.

Except for one. Interceptions per game. In this respect Mainz and Schalke make an impresive 24.2 interceptions per game on average. And while the number is quite impressive, no other league can come close since Frankfurt, Augsburg and Leipzig follow that raking with around 23 interceptions per game each.

I can just imagine the DFL promoting the league as the 'Intercepting league' in Europe. Maybe not.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: European Football

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:54 pm

tflags wrote:Curiously enough, European football is merely a category on the forum while still lacking it's own thread.

Many times forum members discuss certain leagues as being tactical (EPL), defensive (Serie A), Possesive (La Liga) or Physical (Bundesliga). While contrasting these views against raw data, one might find there's no correlation between these opinions and those shown on the pitch.

Except for one. Which we will cover here.

Let's start with possession which Bayern still commands at 64.4% so far this season. The Bundesliga has two teams leading in possesion as Barza comes in second (Spain), PSG (France) MC (EPL) and Dortmund (GER) in second to fifth respectively.

That seems pretty even other than Serie A serious lacking between the top 5 impulsive posessive teams in Europe's top 5 leagues.

What about physicality? In terms of fouls and red card; we have Alaves (SPA) leading with 85 fouls and 4 red cards followed by Cagilari (ITA) 74/8, Málaga (SPA) 72/7, Sporting Gijón (SPA) 75/4 and Palermo (ITA) 69/4. It is clearly representative that both Spain and Italy share the spoils here as the leagues with the more aggresive teams.

Up in the Air. Someone made a big fuss about second balls and having to adapt to England's football. That is quite surprising as there are no English clubs in the top five Aerial Duels Won ranking. Real Madrid, Roma, PSG, Angers and Juventus rank from 1 to 5 with 60.4% to 57.7% of up in the air duels won.

The new Santos. So; who's the new dribbling king of Europe and is any league master and comkmander in this respect? Hardly. The EPL is well represented with Chelsea (14.5) top followed by Spain (Barcelona, 14.3 dribbles per game), EPL again (MC 13.1), France (Lyon 12.7) and England again with Arsenal fifth at 12.5.

What about defensive measures? As for tackles Esnpanyol (1st) , Valencia (2nd) and Celta (4th) Spain has certainly good tacking teams with Leipzig and Nantes coming in at third and fifth for Germany and France.

Pass Accuracy? PSG and Nice for France in 1st and 2nd, Italy Germany and Spain on that order follow with Napoli, Bayern and RM.

Shots per game? Real Madrid (SPA), Napoli (ITA), Inter (ITA), Spurs (ENG) and Roma (ITA) average around 17 shots per game.

As you can see, no single league in Europe can be attributted as being dominant in aggression, possesion, accuracy, attempts at goal, tackling or dribbling. Certainly not on aerial football either.

Except for one. Interceptions per game. In this respect Mainz and Schalke make an impresive 24.2 interceptions per game on average. And while the number is quite impressive, no other league can come close since Frankfurt, Augsburg and Leipzig follow that raking with around 23 interceptions per game each.

I can just imagine the DFL promoting the league as the 'Intercepting league' in Europe. Maybe not.

Nice and interesting.
The one who made the fuss about second balls was Guardiola in an interview with T.Henry.
And I agree with him...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Tue May 02, 2017 2:50 pm

http://www.football-observatory.com/IMG ... 16/186/en/

Interesting article showing what teams over/under performed in their respective leagues this year, based upon transfer expenditures. Unsurprisingly, Bayern performed as they were supposed to (#1 in spending, #1 in the table). Biggest under-performer in Europe? Wolfsburg!
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ottackon » Wed May 31, 2017 1:55 pm

Having the most effective striker of the league is usually a guarantee of success at the end of the season. However, this 2016-2017 vintage deviates from the rule, because in the seven main European championships, no club with the top scorer has won the title.

In Spain, despite his 37 goals Lionel Messi did not manage to win the title with Barça. Harry Kane (29 goals) had the same fate with Tottenham, Edinson Cavani (35 goals, PSG), Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (31, Dortmund), Edin Dzeko (29, AS Roma), Bas Dost (34, Sporting Portugal) and Fedor Smolov (18, FC Krasnodar).
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed May 31, 2017 8:09 pm

My local club Dunav Rousse just won the 4th place in Bulgaria.Last season we was at the second tier,this season we are 4th.OMG i CANT BELIEVE IT..We are going to play in the europe league playoffs..The team is the cheapest in the league,also with one of the youngest starting 11 in the league,and our stadion is always like this:
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:34 pm

European friendlies.
Malta leading Ukraine..
Goal by Zach Muscst
I spelled the surname wrongly for purpose as the PM of malta has the same surname

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:04 pm

Final score Ukraine 0-1 Malta

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:13 pm

ramsej84 wrote:European friendlies.
Malta leading Ukraine..
Goal by Zach Muscst
I spelled the surname wrongly for purpose as the PM of malta has the same surname

Hey. Respect my surname please. And my father.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:15 pm

MaCk0y wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:European friendlies.
Malta leading Ukraine..
Goal by Zach Muscst

Hey. Respect my surname please. And my father.

Is that you, Luke?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:40 pm

Great and unexpected result for Malta tonight. If only we can start getting these results in competitive games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:09 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Great and unexpected result for Malta tonight. If only we can start getting these results in competitive games

The problem was that Shevchenko tricked us. Trailing 1-0 at half time, he subbed off all ten outfield players. As far as I know, when there are that many substitutions, the match does not count towards FIFA Rankings. :(
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:53 am

I don't think friendlies count anyway, no?
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:55 am

MUTU wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Great and unexpected result for Malta tonight. If only we can start getting these results in competitive games

The problem was that Shevchenko tricked us. Trailing 1-0 at half time, he subbed off all ten outfield players. As far as I know, when there are that many substitutions, the match does not count towards FIFA Rankings. :(

according to live score yes thst is what happened ... but this rule...

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:31 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I don't think friendlies count anyway, no?

They do if they follow certain rules, one of which is to have up to 6 substitutions per team. [source]
Shevchenko made 10 substitutions at half time, which effectively disallowed the final result from being factored in the FIFA rankings.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:35 am

MUTU wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I don't think friendlies count anyway, no?

They do if they follow certain rules, one of which is to have up to 6 substitutions per team. [source]
Shevchenko made 10 substitutions at half time, which effectively disallowed the final result from being factored in the FIFA rankings.

Chicken... https://youtu.be/4WTN9DeSEdw

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Next

Return to Football in Europe