You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

European Football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: European Football

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:37 am

The group stage of 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifying is now complete, meaning the line-ups for the inaugural UEFA Nations League are confirmed. [source]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:13 pm

the following is GR D's possible opponents of Malta ; League D: Azerbaijan, Macedonia, Belarus, Georgia, Armenia, Latvia, Faroe Islands, Luxembourg, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Liechtenstein, Malta, Andorra, Kosovo, San Marino, Gibraltar.

Malta is in pot 3 alongside Moldova, Liechtenstein and Kazakhstan and will be drawn alongside a team from each of the other pots.

Pot 1: Azerbaijan, Macedonia, Belarus, Georgia
Pot 2: Armenia, Latvia, Faroe Islands, Luxembourg

Pot 4: Andorra, Kosovo, Gibraltar, San Marino

But I have a question what will happen to the qualifiers for 2020 EC ?
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:46 pm

So what will this replace?
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:36 pm

It is actually an extra burden on the clubs

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:43 pm

So: it will mostly replace friendlies, and takes place over two years. There will be a total of 6 games for each country over the two years for the Nations League: home and away against each team in their group (apart from qualifiers for other competitions, of course).

Then, after all 6 games are played, the winners of the 4 groups in League A face off for the title (I'm not sure if it's KO or round robin). The winners of each group in each of the other 3 leagues are promoted one division higher. The bottom team in each group in leagues A-C are relegated.

Finally, only 20 teams will qualify from EURO 2020 qualifiers. The remaining 4 teams will be determined by the Nations League. Now, I'm not sure whether I've understood this correctly. If I have, what happens is that the best 4 teams from each league which have NOT already qualified for the EURO through traditional qualifiers play against each other in playoffs, so that one team from each league makes it to EURO 2020. If this is the case, it greatly increases Malta's chances. However, I'm not sure whether the 16 teams which have not qualified are drawn against each other or whether 1 spot is allocated to each league (so the 4 teams of each league only play against each other).
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:52 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:So: it will mostly replace friendlies, and takes place over two years. There will be a total of 6 games for each country over the two years for the Nations League: home and away against each team in their group (apart from qualifiers for other competitions, of course).

Then, after all 6 games are played, the winners of the 4 groups in League A face off for the title (I'm not sure if it's KO or round robin). The winners of each group in each of the other 3 leagues are promoted one division higher. The bottom team in each group in leagues A-C are relegated.

Finally, only 20 teams will qualify from EURO 2020 qualifiers. The remaining 4 teams will be determined by the Nations League. Now, I'm not sure whether I've understood this correctly. If I have, what happens is that the best 4 teams from each league which have NOT already qualified for the EURO through traditional qualifiers play against each other in playoffs, so that one team from each league makes it to EURO 2020. If this is the case, it greatly increases Malta's chances. However, I'm not sure whether the 16 teams which have not qualified are drawn against each other or whether 1 spot is allocated to each league (so the 4 teams of each league only play against each other).
It is complicated ... I have to check again

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:12 pm

Yeah I'm not sure I got it 100% right either. I think so though.

I don't think there was enough info on this. Unless I'm mistaken this was thought up quite recently, no?
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:33 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Yeah I'm not sure I got it 100% right either. I think so though.

I don't think there was enough info on this. Unless I'm mistaken this was thought up quite recently, no?

I think it was formulated early this year.

I think you put it perfectly, it will replace friendly games...
the group winners will play each other in s/f and a final... the overall winners will qualify to euro 2020 and also get promoted.

In order for Malta to qualify we need to win our group..reach the semi and win the final .. . we have big chance indeed :P
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:51 pm

ramsej84 wrote:the group winners will play each other in s/f and a final... the overall winners will qualify to euro 2020 and also get promoted.

So it's a KO. I think it would be fairer as a round robin. It would only mean one extra game for each of the countries.

ramsej84 wrote:In order for Malta to qualify we need to win our group..reach the semi and win the final .. . we have big chance indeed

But are those SFs against other teams from League D? That's what I can't understand. If it is, it's not THAT impossible if we improve in coming years and get a decent group.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:08 pm

yes there are 16 teams in Sec D.
They will be divided into four groups. The winners of each group will play a semi F and an eventual final .

IMO there only 2 to three countries worst than us
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Rina » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:10 pm

I don't approve this type of cup.
Rina
Hey, I'm new here!

Previous

Return to Football in Europe