You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-05-12] Zenit St. Petersburg vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Europa League (UEFA Cup) matches.

Zenit vs Bayern

Zenit reach the final
31%
Toni scores a goal with this private parts and Bayern go though
69%

Total votes : 13

Re: Zenit St. Petersburg vs. FC Bayern Munchen

Postby Raphael Sanzio » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:10 am

MUTU wrote::OOOOOOOOOOOOO

Spanish judicial authorities are investigating the possibility that last season's UEFA Cup semi-final between Bayern Munich and Zenit St Petersburg could have been rigged.

A spokeswoman for the National Court confirmed a report in Wednesday's El Pais and ABC dailies, but said no details could be given on an ongoing investigation.

According to the newspaper reports, the investigation has followed a claim by a suspected Russian criminal boss in Spain.

The man, arrested earlier this year in Spain, had been heard in a tapped telephone conversation boasting Zenit's success in the semi-final had been bought 'for 50 million'. No currency was mentioned.

Zenit beat Bayern Munich 5-1 on aggregate, including a 4-0 win over the German side in Russia in the second-leg match on May 12, the highest Bayern defeat in Europe for 31 years.

Zenit then went on to win the final by beating Glasgow Rangers 2-0 in Manchester.

According to the reports, Spanish investigative magistrate Baltasar Garzon has informed German prosecutors of the investigation.

However Munich prosecutors said they were not aware of any investigation. A Bayern Munich spokesman said the club was unable at this stage to make any comment on the report.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Unbelievable!! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! As concrete these reports may seem, I don't think Beckenbauer, Rummenigge, or Hoeness are people who can be bribed! Those are men with principles! They love the team more than any of us! Beckenbauer and Rummenigge can never let something like this happen! As for Hoeness, well, he's stupid sometimes and cheap all the time! But he's loyal to the club, and he loves Bayern! So, to whoever wants to tarnish Bayern's reputation, F*CK OFF!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Raphael Sanzio
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:17 am

Jorge wrote:The way Mark Van Bommel is playing this season I think he is being bought by every oponent that we face #-o and maybe Klinsmann was bought also when he named him captain.

He's been on the bench in half of the matches so buying him wouldnt be the smartest thing the mafia could do . :lol:
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:00 am

Germany striker Miroslav Klose last night insisted Bayern Munich's players had laughed off astonishing claims their UEFA Cup semi-final defeat to Zenit St Petersburg could have been 'fixed' by the Russian mafia.

Zenit set up their Final meeting with Rangers on May 14 - which they won 2-0 at the City of Manchester Stadium - thanks to a resounding 4-0 second-leg triumph over Bayern in Russia.

Reports from Spain earlier this week stated that Spanish investigating judge Baltasar Garzon had forwarded recordings purporting to reveal a match-fixing plot to the German authorities.

It was claimed taped telephone conversations between Gennadios Petrov, the alleged head of a Russian mafia gang in Spain, and his associate Leonid Khristoforovit, boasted in advance of the deciding game with Bayern that Zenit would win 4-0.

Those allegations have been met with bewilderment in Germany, with Bayern forward Klose dismissing out of hand any suggestion of impropriety. 'I cannot believe any of this at all,' said Klose.

'In fact, we have been making jokes about it in our locker room.'

Spanish newspaper ABC also claimed Petrov and Khristoforovit had bragged in the taped conversations of spending between 20 million and 40m euros to 'buy' Zenit's success over Bayern and then Rangers. The Ibrox club are not implicated in any way.

Zenit have reacted with fury to the allegations that their triumphs may have been somehow tainted by mob money, with the Russian government yesterday entering the row.

Sports minister Vitaly Mutko, who also serves as the president of the Russian football union, said it was another attempt to discredit the progress made by the nation's football teams. 'This is not just an attempt to discredit Zenit, but Bayern as well,' Mutko, who was Zenit president from 1999 to 2003, said on Russian television.

'Bayern have so many great players - Kahn, Klose, Toni, Ze Roberto, Lucio… how can you bribe them? I don't think you can buy a victory over Bayern.'

Zenit also moved to further distance themselves from reports of the alleged plot.

'There is nothing to comment on because, even if there is some investigation, Zenit has nothing to do with this,' said Alexei Petrov, a spokesman for the St Petersburg club.

'We have nothing to do with whoever it is that is alleged to be behind this, whether it is so-called Russian mafia or whoever.'

UEFA director of communications William Gaillard said European football's governing body had asked the Spanish FA to speak to the legal authorities in Madrid and request the release of information relating to the case.

Gaillard insisted UEFA had not spoken to Bayern Munich or Zenit St Petersburg and could not launch any investigation until granted the right to see details held by the Spanish police and therefore establish the credibility of the allegations.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2008-05-12] Zenit St. Petersburg vs Bayern Munich

Postby MrLinky » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:53 pm

I think it's weird that the Bayern officials didnt deliver an official statement yet like Zenit did , leaves room for speculation . :(
MrLinky
I post all the time

Did Bayern sell UEFA Cup?

Postby SuXaR » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:58 pm

I found this article in today's Times,
here is one section that is linking Bayern with St. Petersburgh's win in the UEFA Cup:

Last week, Spanish newspapers revealed that, as part of the investigation that led to the arrests, phone calls were intercepted that discussed Zenit St Petersburg’s run in the Uefa Cup last season. According to reports, in one of them an associate of Petrov correctly predicted Zenit’s 4-0 semi-final, second-leg win over Bayern Munich; in another, Petrov revealed that he paid Bayern “50 million” (the currency is not specified) while suggesting that the victory in the final against Rangers was also “fixed”.

Here is the whole article:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 887448.ece

What do you guys think about that? Would be Uli so cheap?
SuXaR
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Did Bayern sell UEFA Cup?

Postby thulkazal » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:50 pm

Well i thou the same but then u cant buy game unless u dont talk to players and wtf he would do ? Before game go and say them ok lose the game with 4 goals diffrence and they arent 3th league players,they are stars,internacional stars and even he manage to convince all players ( saying this make me :lol: ) i think some would come in public and say it xD
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Did Bayern sell UEFA Cup?

Postby reiniksrobis » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:58 pm

I don`t believe, I think that this is bullsh*t.

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Re: [2008-05-12] Zenit St. Petersburg vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:41 pm

MOSCOW, October 15 (RIA Novosti) - Zenit St. Petersburg and Bayern Munich have demanded that a Spanish newspaper retract a story suggesting that the sides' UEFA Cup semifinal was fixed, Sovetski-Sport reported on Wednesday.

The El Pais report in early October suggested that the May 1 game was fixed in favor of the Russian champions, who also intend to file a libel case against the paper in a Spanish court later this week, the Russia sports paper said.

El Pais reported that during intercepted telephone calls between Russian gang leaders Gennady Petrov and Leonid Khristoforov, the mafia bosses bragged about paying "some 50 million" to ensure that Zenit would win the second leg of the semifinal. The currency was not indicated.

The two men were arrested by Spanish police in June.

German authorities subsequently looked into the fix allegations, but did not find "enough evidence to justify a thorough investigation."

Zenit won the home leg of their semifinal match against Bayern 4-0, after drawing the first encounter 1-1 in Germany. They went on to lift the UEFA Cup, beating Glasgow Rangers 2-0 in the final, a game which has also been the subject of fix claims by the Spanish media.

"Lots of people in Europe don't like the fact that Russian soccer is growing stronger," Russian soccer chief Vitali Mutko said earlier. "We have started to take our place among the world leaders, and this doesn't sit well with a lot of people."
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Previous

Return to UEFA Europa League