You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-05-12] Zenit St. Petersburg vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Europa League (UEFA Cup) matches.

Zenit vs Bayern

Zenit reach the final
31%
Toni scores a goal with this private parts and Bayern go though
69%

Total votes : 13

Postby walter » Thu May 01, 2008 7:59 pm

Freakin embarrassing... horrible.... humiliating...and a big reality check for Bayern...

If the board thinks this team has any chance of doing something in CL next season, well they are in for a surprise...I hope they change their mind about not doing another major spending in the summer this year...truth is we were even lucky to make it to the Semi's because Getafe should've beat us...

I say sell Klose and Podolski. We cannot rely on a player that has one decent half of a season and then becomes crap...The other just whines about being in the bench, but rarely justifies why he should be in the starting lineup...other than the fact that the competition is doing worst...I wish we would've kept Makaay...I have no doubts he would've kept his position in the starting lineup...

We should also sell Lahm and cash some money for him before we loose him for free next season...bring Barzagli, or any other good Italian defender who is going to be consistent...

We need a commanding presence in central midfield, I doubt Borowski, will provide that, although I think he is an upgrade in that position...I wish we had someone like Fabregas....Diego...or even VDV...even if he wore a Man U. or AC Milan shirt in a picture...

At least we're getting rid of Hitzfeld, I can't stand him anymore, I hate his tactics...I've said it many times in this forum...I hate the two CDM with two attacking midfielders that are restricted to the flanks and don't even try to switch sides during the game to at least try to set off the opposing defense...
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Russian Warrior » Thu May 01, 2008 8:04 pm

Bayern has been killed like nazi under Moscow in 1941.....hehehe
Russian Warrior
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby chori123 » Thu May 01, 2008 8:06 pm

This is embarrassing, humiliating, i cannot find another word to describe this..
chori123
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Russian Warrior » Thu May 01, 2008 8:22 pm

Bayern did not find any ideas how to play against team, which knocked 3 famous european teams. Your coach is looser and quality going down. German champion (Bayern) should be kicked in semifinal of Champion league (minimum), but......you've got your place
Russian Warrior
Hey, I'm new here!

wow

Postby FCB/gers » Thu May 01, 2008 8:40 pm

I am just shocked ... poor playing today :(
FCB/gers
First post

Postby DS17 » Thu May 01, 2008 8:46 pm

mackoy wrote:
DS17 wrote:
DS17 wrote:Zenit will go through (sadly). All the pressure is on Bayern. Not to mention how weary most of thr players are after such a long season.

I hope I'm wrong. :wink:

I'm quoting myelf.

Yep. I wasn't wrong after all. I'm not suprised Zenit has won. (although this win was really smashing and shameful from Bayern's side.)
We play without any sense of creativity...Most of our attacks are predictable.
We need a classic playmaker who can arrange the offense from the center. Sometimes I'm begining to miss Ballack. :(

You should become a fortune teller. :P

You're right. Bayern needs a playmaker but I definitely don't want Ballack back.

Well, I'm saying we need someone like Ballack. A player who has the vision of the game. Someone both intelligent and an excellent passer. Too bad Wesley Sneijder didn't join us last year. :P
DS17
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby BayernAddicted » Thu May 01, 2008 9:15 pm

zenit played a very good defensive game and our players couldn't find the way to the goal , i'm realy sorry for KAHN for he's career he deserved to win his final international trophy
BayernAddicted
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby DS17 » Thu May 01, 2008 9:41 pm

Russian Warrior wrote:Bayern has been killed like nazi under Moscow in 1941.....hehehe

:lol:
DS17
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu May 01, 2008 10:07 pm

fcb 4eva wrote:I still think we weren't up for this tourniment from the off, ever since the Bolton game we havn't been imo. Anyone else think that

-------------------------

FCB 4EVA :D

Yes I too think that. Even before the Bolton game, let's not forget that this team had nearly succumbed to Red Star if it weren't for Kroos magic or luck call it whatever you like !

So far, the team was relying heavily on luck to save their faces after getting themselves in difficult situations especially on home turf.

After the incredible happened at Getafe, they got so much used at playing Houdini that they were simply expecting another miracle to happen since they felt that Bayern had every right to be at the final. Unfortunately luck ran out at St. Petersburg.

Each season I hope that this will be the one that we will finally see Bayern again with the best of Europe but on a day like today I find out that the team is capable of falling into lower depths !
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fcelber87 » Thu May 01, 2008 10:19 pm

Come on mates. Lets not get too down. The team has been playing 2 games a week for several months. They've got tired legs. remember how bayern lost to suttgart 3-1 last term. That was the same came there.

This whole uefa cup saga reminds me of the first season Barca got ronaldinho.Barca were playing in the uefa cup and got knocked out my celtic I believe. They won the champions league a few years later. This team is still growing, but we DO NEED A PLAYMAKER. That is for damn sure. We need someone of true class, like Ribery, but in the center who can push Bayern forward in games like these.

We'll do alright in champs league next year. We'll make the semis if were lucky. This team is only going to get better. Now we know how getafe feel. Futbol is a strange game.

ps. I swore Luca would score a goal with his private parts. I guess I was wrong...real wrong. :)
Last edited by fcelber87 on Thu May 01, 2008 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fcelber87
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCBinNYC » Thu May 01, 2008 10:25 pm

That was a huge letdown. There was nothing redeeming about that performance whatsoever. You have to figure that the team was going to get spanked like that once this season, but I was really hoping it wouldn't be in the semi-final! It's no secret that this team needs improvement in a few areas, but I hope it's not really as bad as it seemed today. I hate to say it, but we really could've used someone like Hargreaves patrolling in front of the box today, that would've prevented at least their last two goals. Van Bommel is useless, both in this respect and his passing.
What else? I can cut Franck and Luca some slack because it's unrealistic to think that they can put in a classic performance in every game, even the big ones. But I'm starting to agree with the sentiment around here that either Klose or Poldi should go. I'd say keep Klose since we all know he can be great, Poldi is just not living up to the hype. If there was ever a time to step up, this was it and they both blew it. Jansen sucked, too. That was just bullshit all around, it's bitter but we still had a great season, and the team will be stronger from this...congrats to Zenit, but it'll be different next time...
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MunchenFC » Thu May 01, 2008 11:08 pm

what the ****!? i still can not beleive this happened, someone please tell me this isnt happening!? Please!! i'm stunned, absouletely stunned! that didn't just happen, it couldn't of!! I mean Bayern actually lost and by 4! and 5-1 on aggreates! What? :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
it's gonna take me a while to get over this, i still dn't believe what i saw actually happened!
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Stop fooling us !!

Postby blekimen » Thu May 01, 2008 11:32 pm

players can not fool us like this. Bayern paid about 70 mil. euros for selection the last year. It bought one of the best players and see what happened. You can't always lean on Luca Tony and Frank Ribery. It is a shame team like Zenit that nobody ever heard to beat you. Bayern managers, don't forget that you spend our money (we buy souvenirs, tickets, we watch the ads of your sponsors and we pay for their products) on waste. Buy players who can win this stupid cup. Bayern can't win UEFA cup so what are we to expect for the new season in the Champions league? I'm sick to watch how poor Bayern is playing and losing home and abroad. Every single victory is reached with enourmous troubles and a lot of chance and luck. This is not the Bayern I want to watch. I want Bayern to win the Champions league and to be the best club in Europe. You can do it and you have to do it because Bayern and its fans deserve that. We all expect more from you. Do not disappoint us anymore!!
blekimen
First post

Postby MaCk0y » Thu May 01, 2008 11:42 pm

Well the season is over. Bayern are the Bundesliga, DFB Cup and Liga Pokal champions (sort of a treble). I'm looking forward for the next season to see how Bayern will manage under Klinsmann. I have confidence in him. I got fed up with the same formation and tactics over and over again. Bayern needs something refreshing!!!! Overall Hitzfeld has done a great job at Bayern but he's getting old and the time has come for him to leave.

Now, the next major tournament is the EURO Championship and all you have to do is support Germany :!: :!:
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Stop fooling us !!

Postby MunchenFC » Fri May 02, 2008 12:04 am

blekimen wrote:players can not fool us like this. Bayern paid about 70 mil. euros for selection the last year. It bought one of the best players and see what happened. You can't always lean on Luca Tony and Frank Ribery. It is a shame team like Zenit that nobody ever heard to beat you. Bayern managers, don't forget that you spend our money (we buy souvenirs, tickets, we watch the ads of your sponsors and we pay for their products) on waste. Buy players who can win this stupid cup. Bayern can't win UEFA cup so what are we to expect for the new season in the Champions league? I'm sick to watch how poor Bayern is playing and losing home and abroad. Every single victory is reached with enourmous troubles and a lot of chance and luck. This is not the Bayern I want to watch. I want Bayern to win the Champions league and to be the best club in Europe. You can do it and you have to do it because Bayern and its fans deserve that. We all expect more from you. Do not disappoint us anymore!!

that's just how i **** feel!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Europa League