You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

UEFA Semi-Finals! FC Bayern v. Zenit St.Petersburg

Discussions on the UEFA Europa League (UEFA Cup) matches.

Who do u think will advance?

FC Bayern
100%
Zenit St.Petersburg
No votes

Total votes : 11

UEFA Semi-Finals! FC Bayern v. Zenit St.Petersburg

Postby MunchenFC » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:41 am

They play the first of the two semi-final legs this thursday at the allianz, although they shall be tired they will come out and should win. The second leg will be played in the Russian capital and the winner (Bayern) will advance to play against the winner of Fiorentina v. Rangers in the UEFA final.
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby kevh26 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:10 am

as long as Arshavin is kept quite by whoever plays right back, I think we can keep a clean sheet, we've been scoring in Europe, albeit not so much at home, so personally i feel that we'll dominate the first leg (2 or 3 nil) then hold out for the win in st petersberg!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBinNYC » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:04 pm

All I know about Zenit is what I saw vs Leverkusen, so I'm worried. We've got no Toni (suspension) and Miro is "doubtful" as of today. Poldi as a lone striker? He's more mobile than Toni, so it could work, but Ribery has to have a good day. I know none of us are opposed to seeing what Schlaudraff can do alongside Poldi, but I don't really see that happening from the start. As long as Lucio has his goalpost leash on I think we'll be ok. Zenit really seemed to hit it on the break, so if we can neutralize that threat then we'll be able to make things happen. I love the business end of the season!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby elcalifornio » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:26 pm

Zenit are a fright. They are fast and good scorers. Bayern are liable to get scored on at least once and I'm worried where our goals are going to come from. Maybe Franck and Ze will find the net. Schlaudraf and Podolski aren't proven or have match practice together.
elcalifornio
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:52 pm

Yes, Schlaudraff alongisde Poldi would be a good idea. Bayern need to score at least 2 goals at home and not play for a draw or score 1 goal and concede in the last minute of injury time. And from what I've been reading that Zenit are good on counter attacks, then I am VERY worried! If Bayern plays against Zenit the way they played against Getafe, they could be in big trouble. But hopefully everything will be fine and past mistakes are corrected!
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby A1ex » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:45 pm

Strongest side of Zenit is organization and also some personalities.
Tymoschuk. I think he's the best defensive midfielder of western europe. Zenit's captain.
Arshavin. Great pace, nice passes. Leader of their attack.
Malafeev. Solid keeper.
Zyryanov. Good addition for Tymoschuk in midfield.
Pogrebnyak. Lite version of Toni :)
A1ex
Getting the hang of it

Postby MaCk0y » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:23 pm

Pogrebnyak. Lite version of Toni Smile

LOL :lol:
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby chori123 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:59 am

We dont have to trust us so much, this game is hard, and we dont have Toni for the first match.. In Rusia they are strong, and everybody knows that for every European team is really difficult to play in Rusia..

We have to be careful and be organized in defense, and play counter-attack, we are really fast in counter and we can decide the match so..
chori123
Getting the hang of it

Postby Bayernglasgowfan » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:24 am

Zenit have 6 players on a possible suspension and given that they will not wish to sit back and let Bayern walk through their defence, there will be one or two missing for the second leg given their disciplinary record in UEFA cup so far (even Advocaat served a 3 match ban!).

This is the opportunity that Lukas must now TAKE to show just how fantastic a player he is going to be when the going gets tough. He really has to step up to the mark now.

Although Zenit hammered Leverkusen I think we did also in the Bundesliga, so I'm not expecting any visitor goal-fest on Thursday.

We have had a rather shaky set of home results so far but I do not see it continuing now the finishing line is in sight.

3:0 Bayern is what I am hoping for but 2:0 would be just as nice!

Please no more 2:2 Bolton/Aberdeen style results!!
Bayernglasgowfan
Getting the hang of it

Postby FCBinNYC » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:05 pm

I'm definitely taking confidence from the fact that we're better than Leverkusen. But the striker situation worries me, I really hope Miro can shake off his injury and line up from the start tomorrow. Schlaudraff is good and all but I doubt he's in contention for a start, especially with the ink still drying on his Hannover contract. Now is the time for Poldi to show what he's made of, as Glasgowfan said. If he can do that and the defense is solid then I think we're in for a good night tomorrow. I wish Van Bommel hadn't declined a face mask though, he would've looked even more psycho with one of those suckers on!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Bayernglasgowfan » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:00 am

FCBinNYC - look on the bright side at least it is highly unlikely we will lose Toni for the final now, whereas had he not been booked in the Getafe game he could well have picked up a suspension over these two matches!

I reckon Poldi will do the business tonight and maybe even Schweini will get one of his long-range specials into the 'onion bag' too!!!
Bayernglasgowfan
Getting the hang of it

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:04 am

Bayernglasgowfan wrote:maybe even Schweini will get one of his long-range specials into the 'onion bag' too!!!

The 'onion bag'? First time I've heard this expression. I like it! :)
Is it the onion bag because it makes you cry?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby kevh26 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:28 am

i've always liked the expression 'onion bag' but i think it's a phrase that's very much restricted to the UK

I personally can't imagine long range shots doing the trick against Zenit, with such an organised defence the two midfielder of choice to score would be ribery and ze roberto, purely because they have the ability to untangle defences and get behind that back line!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Uno_del_Geta » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:39 pm

Good luck, u will win Zenit, but u must play better than with us. We will be very proud if we think that we have lost playing against the champion.
Uno_del_Geta
Getting the hang of it

Postby medin69 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:50 pm

why is getafe becoming my second favourite club?:D
medin69
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Next

Return to UEFA Europa League