You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

UEFA Cup predictions

Discussions on the UEFA Europa League (UEFA Cup) matches.

UEFA Cup predictions

Postby MUTU » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:29 am

It seems Bayern are hot favourites to win the UEFA Cup. bwin have set up a bet just for Bayern winning or not winning the UEFA Cup. If you go to https://www.bwin.com/betsnew.aspx?SportID=4, click on "UEFA Cup" and then "Outright winner", you will see the bet:

Outright winner
Thursday, May 15, 2008
UEFA Cup, Europe
Will FC Bayern Munich win the UEFA Cup 2007/2008? - 8:45 PM
Yes 4.50
No 1.17
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Mirage » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:28 pm

I don't want to get too excited yet, not until I've seen how we play in the Bundesliga.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FC Bajern » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:26 pm

UEFA Cup first round draw tomorrow (Friday)!

Groclin Grodzisk Wielkopolski of Poland, Macedonian outfit FK Rabotnicki Skopje, Irish League side Drogheda United, FC Midtjylland from Denmark and Armenian club FC Mika Eriwan may not be especially familiar names to anyone outside their own local support and truly well-informed football stattos.

Ottmar Hitzfeld and his men may soon be learning a lot more about one of them, as they are all potential opponents in the UEFA Cup first round. “We’ll take what comes and approach the tie appropriately,” the Bayern coach commented ahead of Friday’s draw in Monaco.

After a decade in the Champions League, Bayern’s return to the UEFA Cup is likely to see them entering unfamiliar territory. “We’re all intrigued about who we might draw,” Philipp Lahm declared. The Germany international is one of the few members of the current squad with experience of the UEFA Cup, picked up in the 2004-5 campaign with VfB Stuttgart.

Hitzfeld and his men may be required to undertake an arduous journey, but are unlikely to face a big-name rival, as the 80 clubs involved in the first round are divided into eight groups of ten teams according to certain regional criteria. The teams will not be finally sorted into pots until the final round of qualifiers on Thursday evening.

Bayern cannot be drawn against fellow German opponents in the first round. Ties will be played on 20 September and 4 October. The draw for the Group phase, which begins on 25 October, takes place at midday on 9 October in Nyon. The 40 first round winners are drawn into eight groups of five, with each club playing two games at home and two away. The top three in each group progress to the knockout stage.

As of that point, the Reds could do battle with higher profile teams such as Girondins Bordeaux, Tottenham Hotspur or Fiorentina, but for now, the likes of Lithuanian representatives SK Liepajas Metalurgs or NK Siroki Brijeg from Bosnia-Herzegovina will provide the opposition. All will become clear on Friday afternoon at around 1.30 pm.

Bundesliga.de
FC Bajern

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:02 pm

Bayern will play Belenenses of Portugal. First leg is at home (unfortunately in my opinion) lol
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fcb 4eva » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:01 pm

Dont really think it matters Mackoy lol

--------------------
FCB 4EVA :D
fcb 4eva
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:30 pm

You're probably right but don't under estimate smaller opponents. Generally they play more better against big teams and surprise everyone!
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby kevh26 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:37 pm

I'm expecting us to win every competition we enter this year (that's why i've put money on every one) but I'm always fearful of knockout competitions and cups!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FC Bajern » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:20 am

So here is the deal, Bayern could be facing one of the opponents from pot 2, 3, 4, and 5 Hopefully not Fiorentina in pot 3 :P

Pot 1: Villareal, Bayern Munchen, AZ, Bordeaux, Panathinaikos, Basel, Bordeaux, Leverkusen and ANDERLECHT.

Pot 2: Tottenham, Lokomotiv Moskou, Zenith St-Petersburg, Sparta Praag, AEK Athene, Hamburg, Bolton and Austria Wenen.

Pot 3: Spartak Moskou, Braga, Galatasaray, Getafe, Atletico Madrid, Everton, Fiorentina and Rennes.

Pot 4: Toulouse, Hapoel Tel-Aviv, Rode Ster Belgrado, Dinamo Zagreb, Kopenhagen, Panionios, Nürnberg and Boleslav.

Pot 5: Thessaloniki, Aberdeen, FC Zurich, Larissa, Aalborg, Brann Bergen, Elfsborg and Helsingborg.
FC Bajern

UEFA CUP DRAW

Postby Bayernbazi » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:30 am

BAYERN
Bolton
Braga
Red Star Belgrade
Aris Thessaloniki
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby SNAKE » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:49 pm

It could have been much worse if we got Atletico,Fiorentina or Everton.
SNAKE
SNAKE
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FC Bajern » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:30 pm

Bayern’s Group F fixtures:

25.10.2007 FK Crvena Zvezda v Bayern Munich
08.11.2007 Bayern Munich v Bolton Wanderers (k-o 7 pm)
29.11.2007 SC Braga v Bayern Munich
19.12.2007 Bayern Munich v Aris Thessaloniki (k-o 8.45 pm)
FC Bajern

Postby bwfcolinh58 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:42 am

wanderers, wanderers, wanderers :D :D :D :D :D :D
bwfcolinh58
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bwfcolinh58 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:15 am

my prediction is.....me permanently p*ssed in munich... :shock: :D :shock:

oh and 3 - 0 for munich :cry: :cry: :cry:
bwfcolinh58
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Delije » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:30 am

Do you remeber 1990/91? :D
Semifinale of Cup Champions.

That will happen again. 8)
Delije
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby Mirage » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:08 am

Bolton and Red Star the toughest. I haven't heard of the others. I don't want to get cocky, but Bayern will be fine.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Next

Return to UEFA Europa League