You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[25-10-2007] Match One: Belgrade -vs- Bayern

Discussions on the UEFA Europa League (UEFA Cup) matches.

Who will win match one between Belgrade & Bayern?

A) Bayern will win
53%
B) It will end in a draw
21%
C) Red Star Belgrade will win
26%

Total votes : 19

Postby Miss Dangerous » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:09 pm

Mirage wrote:how come the boards are suddenly being flooded with other fans of clubs? this didn't happen last season.

I don`t mind to have them here! as long as they`re respecting FC BAYERN and don`t cross the line!! :twisted:
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

European champions meet in Belgrade

Postby FC Bajern » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:25 pm

Former European champions meet in a third European tie as FK Crvena Zvezda look to maintain their unbeaten home record against FC Bayern München in Group E.

• The two sides have met in two previous UEFA club competition ties.

• In the 1979/80 UEFA Cup, Bayern won 2-0 at home against the then Yugoslavian side, progressing to the quarter-finals despite a 3-2 second leg defeat in Belgrade.

• 'Red Star' avenged that defeat in the 1990/91 European Champion Clubs' Cup, winning 2-1 in Munich and drawing 2-2 at home in the semi-finals, setting them up for their final meeting with Olympique de Marseille, which they won on penalties after a 0-0 draw in Bari.

• Thus, Crvena Zvezda have never been beaten at home by Bayern, regarded by many as favourites to win the 2007/08 UEFA Cup.

• Crvena Zvezda have played 28 games in total against German sides in European competition. They have won 12 of those, drawn four and lost 12. At home, they have won nine, drawn four and lost one – with that lone defeat coming as VfL Borussia Mönchengladbach earned a 3-0 win in Belgrade in the second round of the 1977 European Champion Clubs' Cup.

• Bayern have played just eight games against Serbian sides, winning four, drawing two and losing two. In Serbia they have won one, drawn two and lost one.

• Crvena Zvezda's Portuguese midfielder João Lucas celebrates his 28th birthday on 25 October, the day of the Bayern match.

• Bayern coach Ottmar Hitzfeld led two sides against Crvena Zvezda at the start of his coaching career. He is yet to secure a victory against the Serbian side.

• His first game as a coach in European competition ended in a 2-0 defeat for FC Aarau against the then Yugoslavian giants in Belgrade in the first round of the 1985/86 UEFA Cup Winners' Cup. They drew 2-2 in the return leg.

• In the first round of the 1990/91 European Champion Clubs' Cup, Hitzfeld's Grasshoppers-Club side were drawn against Crvena Zvezda, drawing 1-1 in Belgrade but losing 4-1 at home.

• Crvena Zvezda and Bayern are two of only three sides involved in the group stage to have won the European Champion Clubs' Cup. Hamburger SV are the other former winners.

• Crvena Zvezda have won two and drawn one of their European home games this season.

• Bayern have scored eight goals in their last four European away games.

uefa.com
FC Bajern

Postby Miss Dangerous » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:05 pm

• Thus, Crvena Zvezda have never been beaten at home by Bayern, regarded by many as favourites to win the 2007/08 UEFA Cup.

We`re going to make histroy this time! :o
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mirage » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:52 pm

Miss Dangerous...!! wrote:
Mirage wrote:how come the boards are suddenly being flooded with other fans of clubs? this didn't happen last season.

I don`t mind to have them here! as long as they`re respecting FC BAYERN and don`t cross the line!! :twisted:

couldn't agree more Miss Dangerous! :D
if there's one thing I hate, its idiots coming in as imposters and starting arguments over football! but its more a guy thing anyway.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Mirage » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:53 pm

and even though it's a Bayern forum, i like to have the other fans because its a nice insight into other clubs!

now i see Bayern have never beat Belgrade at home, I'm a bit concerned. I'm voting draw.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Re: bayern all the way

Postby DELIJA » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:43 pm

Ribery07 wrote:HI guys im new to this forum and loved bayern besicly my whole life, this game should be a peace of cake for bayern and as a bosnien i would love to see crvena zvjezda get crushed and emmbaressed. red stars are nothing now there are just a cheap european team thats all. Bayern wins easily.

Odakle s,bre,ti zemljace??????????????????
Nebo se otvorilo
DELIJA
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:32 pm

It's being reported that Ribery is doubtful for the game against Belgrade. He has a thigh injury at the moment. Of course, this could be just talk and he'll still play, but at the moment he is listed as doubtful.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:11 am

Decision on Ribery will be made on Wednesday, and according to Hitzeld there is only a 30% chance of Ribery making the trip to Belgrade. That's not good.

Martin D. is out and will not make the trip. He is suffering from the flu. However, Lucio has gotten over his bout with the flu and will make the trip.

No decision on whether Van Buyten will be ready since he is still suffering from an injury.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby FC Bajern » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:50 am

Tickets were on sale yesterday in Belgrade and they were sold in two hours
FC Bajern

Postby Ribery07 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:32 am

IZ AMERIKE ZVEZDA NIJE VISE TIM STOJE BIO DALIJA. JA ZNAM DASTE NAJBOLJI TEAM U SRBI ALI OVOJE BAYERN.
Ribery07
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ribery07 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:38 am

BUFFALO
Ribery07
Getting the hang of it

Postby tracylynn » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:54 pm

Bad news...Bayern will be without Ribery and Toni for this match. Ribery has not recovered from the hamstring injury and Toni now has the flu. I swear this team needs to get some freaking flu shots. I don't think I have ever heard of so many players getting the flu in secession like Bayern.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby bm72 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:28 am

not to worry, this team has strength in depth, the likes of Altintop can spring a surprise ot two !!
BAYERN 4EVER
bm72
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:10 pm

Bayern should play with Lell in central defence, Jansen as LB and Lahm as RB.

-----------------Podolski----Klose------------------------
----Schweinsteiger-----------------------------Altintop---
------------------Ze Roberto---Van Bommel-------------
----Jansen-------Lucio-------Lell------------Lahm-------
---------------------Rensing------------------------------
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby bayern4ever » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:58 pm

is there anyway we can watch the game online?

we gonna win 1-3
bayern4ever
Getting the hang of it

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Europa League