You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-04-10] Getafe vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Europa League (UEFA Cup) matches.

Who do you think will go through to the semifinals?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:11 am

Bayern Munich
86%
Getafe
14%

Total votes : 7

[2008-04-10] Getafe vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:11 am

The UEFA Cup is back and the second leg of the quarterfinals may be Bayern's last match in Europe this season. With the first leg tied at 1-1, Bayern will need to score to overturn the away goal deficit.

Who will partner Toni in attack, Klose or Podolski? My vote goes to Klose due to experience and due to the fact that Podolski is largely inconsistent, and this is a match where we can't really risk. Even while Klose has stopped scoring, he is still giving a few assists, case in point yesterday with the delightful backheel to Lell for the 3-1 against Bochum.

Yesterday, Getafe drew 0-0 with Barcelona, and they were playing at the Nou Camp.

Whoever goes through will meet either Bayer Leverkusen or Zenit St Petersburg, but given the latter's 4-1 win in Germany, it would hardly be likely to see an all-German semifinal.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby kevh26 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:38 am

personally I'd stick out all three strikers, just like at the weekend this is a must win, and an early away goal would help us out greatly, possibly playing a 4-3-3 with ze, schweini and ribery to give enough creativity to win the battle in the middle of the park.

the main thing to remember is that this is a team that's beaten real, barca, tottenham already this season, it's not going to be as easy as the odds suggest, i'd just love to see a solid defensive performance with enough strength moving forward to create goals!

my prediction: bayern 2 - 0 getafe
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:46 pm

From watching match highlights, yestersday was a 'hit the post/woodwork' day. Barcelona hit 3 times the left post against Getafe and also a number of teams in the Seria A hit the post.

Anyway, I don't think Bayern will win 2-0 away. I predicted a 1-1 home draw and a 1-1 away draw. I guessed the home draw but I hope I am wrong with the away draw so that Bayern wins. But it is very possible that the match goes to Extra Time, even penalties!!!
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby kevh26 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:20 pm

I think following the first leg result, the team that is picked will play a much stronger game, they've seen the opposition, know the risks and they are all aware of just how much is at stake... that's why I'm a little more confident!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Uno_del_Geta » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:55 pm

This will be an historical match. this will be the first sold out in Getafe since the stadium grew.

All of us are preparing our thoats to support getafe to semifinal. We do not play on Allianz Arena but we are a lot of proud of our stadium.

Do you have all your players ready for this match?. We cannot play with Granro thanks to Khan and the referee, but, anyway...

Yesterday we drew the match with Barcelona and they stroke three ball on the post, but we have been the only team to Barcelona cannot score a goal in botch matches, and getafe yesterday was very tired.

Good luck, to all of u (avoiding injuries, etc...), but on thursday...
Uno_del_Geta
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBinNYC » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:39 pm

After yesterday's result I feel a lot more confident about our chances. Like kevh said, now that Bayern has seen Getafe up close and personal I think they'll be prepared for the worst. To answer your question, Uno del Geta, yes I think we'll have everyone for this match except Altintop who's out for the rest of the season. Wish we could be there with you. (In the away end, that is!) I refuse to make a prediction since I've been wrong every time recently, and I don't want to predict a Bayern loss and then be right for once. I'm hopeful though...and I agree with Mutu on our striking options. Poldi has been looking better and better with each game but fact is he's still not scoring a steady stream of goals so I think Klose's experience could come through big time.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby mattie » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:29 pm

i think Klose is back in form as he showed last game he played with fully motivation and went into tackles like in the old times so i predict a bayern win in getafe bayern are hard to stop with TONI + KLOSE u may remember in the first games as they were in top form every game was +3 goals for bayern :D
mattie
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby medin69 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:54 pm

YEA I HOPE FOR WHOPING VICTORY TOO
medin69
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby fcelber87 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:56 pm

Bayern need to get through this one. I dont think hitz will start with 3 forwards. That'll be a bit too much to begin with-getafe could hit us on the counterattack. Going a goal down would be hard to get back from. Getafe are not Bochum. But I think the spaniards will be very wary bc they cant defend all game. And with bayern's striking force were bound to score. Lets just hope micho and lucio keep it tight in the back and Toni and whoever (hopefully Klose) keep the goals coming. Oh, and it would help if god doesn't grant another mystery golaso against the men in red, it seems to be happening all season.
fcelber87
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MaCk0y » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:12 pm

Oh, and it would help if god doesn't grant another mystery golaso against the men in red, it seems to be happening all season.

LOL that's true. I agree with you, Hitzfeld won't start with 3 attackers but I think if the game is still tied at 0-0, he will bring on another attacker in the early minutes of the second half.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby Bayernglasgowfan » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:56 am

I'm not too worried it was 1:1 as if it does go to extra time we have an extra 30 minutes to get a second away goal.

Getafe are a decent side and certainly not the weakest of the teams left in the competition so I expect a stern test on Thursday.

Nevertheless we have a good record in Madrid and think we have enough to manage qualification to the semi finals.

Lets hope it is a fair match and a credit to both teams.
Bayernglasgowfan
Getting the hang of it

Postby Hawkeye » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:15 am

I'm excited!, finally a game thats being broadcast on tv here in Australia! Who cares about the 4.30am start. Hopefully Bayern put on a good performance, and really play to their potential, we could see a huge result.
Hawkeye
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:39 pm

Bild has predicted this formation:

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby kevh26 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:47 pm

I think that's the formation pretty much everyone would predict, it's strong enough side, but where possible i'd like to see some more attacking players put in as the game changes
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:50 pm

I'd rather see Jansen and Lahm in the wingback positions rather than Lahm and Lell. Jansen and Lell are equally fast, but Lell seems to me more error prone.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Next

Return to UEFA Europa League