You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-04-10] Getafe vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Europa League (UEFA Cup) matches.

Who do you think will go through to the semifinals?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:11 am

Bayern Munich
86%
Getafe
14%

Total votes : 7

Postby fcelber87 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:32 pm

Well, what a crazy match. Uno del Geta, I feel your pain. We all do as what happen in 1999 still lingers. But to be honest, no one thought this would happen. When Luca scored in the 120th minute I couldn't breathe--Seriously I stopped breathing for a couple seconds. And Kahn crying? What an epic match. Congrats for Getafe for making it so far and playing great football. Hopefully we will meet again sometime in the near future--maybe the Champions League!?
fcelber87
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:52 pm

medin69 wrote:i couldnt sleep for whole night :)

I managed to sleep around 5.15am :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby kevh26 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:14 pm

i personally slept like a log... I was exhausted!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:42 pm

MUTU wrote:
medin69 wrote:i couldnt sleep for whole night :)

I managed to sleep around 5.15am :)

Me too!!!

Wow. I laughed. I cried. I screamed. I jumped on the bad like a crazy motherf**a! :lol: I'll give some of my review points.

1) First of all congrats to Getafe. They have a very good team spirit and organisation. They played better with 10-men (most of the time that's what happens!)

2) Klose was intelligent to trip himself but I think it was his fault that all this happend! If he continued and scored(I'm assuming), Bayern would have scored first and it would have been very difficult for Getafe since then Bayern wouldn't need to continously attack and being caught up on the break.

3) I was confused at first at what I was watching. Was I watching a football match or a comedy show from the Bayern defence. I practically laughed at times! I think it was Hitzfeld fault as well. It's true that Bayern needed to push forward and score a goal but they didn't need to play with a very, very high line of defence from the very beginning of the match. Most of the time, Lucio and Demichelis were the only defence on the halfway line with the two full back up front. You can never play a match with a very unbalanced team - only attack. Bayern are very well capable of scoring important goals by playing normally with a balance of attacking and defending football.

4) I don't know why the Bayern defence didn't learn from their mistakes and continously suffering from counter attacks or at least Hitzfeld could have pointed that out that the defence needs to be more compact and not so forward.

5) Van Bommel.......those 2 consecutive red cards have changed him! You can see him now playing with his 2 hands up in the air! The first goal was his and als Demichelis fault but I was expecting at least a trip from VBM but I think he is even scared of getting a yellow card and instead put his hands up in the air along with Demichelis.

6) Kahn......First goal no chance, the second neither but the third one..... I notice Kahn that he doesn't like to get out of the goalie's box a lot unlike other keepers who like to step out to deal with corners, long range crosses, etc. The third goal, I think he could have done better by rushing towards the player who was a few metres away and at least try to block the shot.

7) Wonder goals again!! :x Getafe's second goal was a fantastic one! The defenders should have learned by now that when someone is preparing for a shot outside the box, they should react faster and go towards the player and try to block the shot.

8) Again, Bayern missing a lot of chances, not even almost an empty post (referring to Lell's chance) managed to score (although I must admit that at that moment you would be a lot under pressure). But Bayern needs to capatilise more on the chances they create and train some more shooting practise!! - see the statistics.

9) This was got me very angry! Why do the players need to enter in the opponents' golie box to f**kin' shoot! Look at Getafe. They shot several times from outside the box but Bayern shot none or maybe 2 the most.

10) Attacking Variation. When Bayern attacked they generally tried to do the impossible and pass through the midfield where 9 players are blocking the midfield path. Then they sometimes crossed several high balls from the flanks making it easy for the keeper and harder for the strikers. Then came in Jansen and he did a very positive thing!! He put a low cross between the strikers and the opponent's keeper sort of like a cross shot and Bayern nearly managed to score!!! Crosses like those make life difficult for keepers and life easier for strikers.

11) The irony! In the first leg, Bayern scored first and then Getafe scored in the 90 min! In the second leg, Getafe scored first and then Bayern scored in the 89 min!

12) I have to appluade to Bayern for their efforts and for never giving up after conceiding goals especially those 2 quick goals in the opening minutes of the first half of ET.!!! True team character.

13) I watched the match with Spanish commentary since I watched it on TV. Everytime Getafe scored, the 3 spanish commentators screamed GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL! and something like this: GETAFE ALO SEMINFINALES!!! lol. When Bayern scored (translated in Egnlish): Luca Toni scored for Bayern. That's it! :D

14) Now after all this shitty talk, lets celebrate for BAYERN MUNICH's VICTORY!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

PS: I would love to see an exact replay of this match in the Final but instead of winning in the ET, Bayern wins after 2 ROUNDS OF penalties!!!!!
What a final would that be and more emotions flying high!!!
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby shydo1 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:05 pm

ya for bayern for glory bayern go , realy the impossible is not german yaaaaaaaa :lol: :lol: :lol:
shydo1
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Uno_del_Geta » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:10 am

Today we are preparing the final of tomorrow (Copa del Rey) against Valencia.

I hope u will win UEFA cup, but we are a little bit upset with Toni, not for the goal, the gestures when he scored were very rude and blame all people of Getafe, he should introduced his finger in his ass.

Good luck and I will inform u about the results in Copa del Rey but we cannot loose two important matches in a week.
Uno_del_Geta
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby kevh26 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:54 pm

wouldn't be the first time a club did that though... look at leverkusen in 2000... oh football's a cruel game sometimes!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby walter » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:47 pm

it was certainly not good sportmanship by Luca, but you guys also have to understand the adrenalin rush going through him and through the rest of the team. I mean, kahn punched MVB in the face after the goal, what kind of celebration is that? well thats what happens when you score the goal to qualify to the semifinals in extra time, 5 seconds before the final whistle...the whole thing was just insane...
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby FCBinNYC » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:13 am

I don't know about you guys but when I'm psyched I ALWAYS punch my friends in the face. :lol:
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:03 am

FCBinNYC wrote:I don't know about you guys but when I'm psyched I ALWAYS punch my friends in the face. :lol:

Haha good thing I'm not your real life friend! :P
The Bayern fan club in Malta resembled a rock mosh pit on Ribery's 1-1 and Toni's 3-3 with people pushing each other around in celebration :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBinNYC » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:58 pm

Oh yeah, I'm all about the goal celebration mosh pit. I think Makaay vs Madrid last year was the all time best for that!
Switching subjects, I don't know if you're still here Uno del Geta, but good luck in the final today. I'll be cheering for you guys!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Uno_del_Geta » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:23 pm

Yesterday we lost the match. We play one of the worst match in this season, and the match against u influenced us a lot. We received two goals in 10 minutes and then we start to play as u saw, but... What a week.

**** football. And we won't play UEFA next season, the small team returns to its place.

Good luck to all of u. I am very happy of speaking with some interesting people.

Bye
Uno_del_Geta
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MunchenFC » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:52 am

i'd jsut want to apologize to the getafe fan i might of affended, know that i saw how well and how much class getafe, i learened to respect other teams and possiblt there fans in this case i respect getafe fans cause ther team showed some class. once again srry! :wink:
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Postby Uno_del_Geta » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:36 pm

MunchenFC wrote:i'd jsut want to apologize to the getafe fan i might of affended, know that i saw how well and how much class getafe, i learened to respect other teams and possiblt there fans in this case i respect getafe fans cause ther team showed some class. once again srry! :wink:

No problem man. I hope we will see u in the future. Great teams must know how to win and how to loose, we lost but we do not hate bayern (only Toni for the ugly gestures)
Uno_del_Geta
Getting the hang of it

Postby MunchenFC » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:24 pm

Uno_del_Geta wrote:
MunchenFC wrote:i'd jsut want to apologize to the getafe fan i might of affended, know that i saw how well and how much class getafe, i learened to respect other teams and possiblt there fans in this case i respect getafe fans cause ther team showed some class. once again srry! :wink:

No problem man. I hope we will see u in the future. Great teams must know how to win and how to loose, we lost but we do not hate bayern (only Toni for the ugly gestures)

:lol: :lol:
thanks, i'm glad u understand.
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Europa League