You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-04-10] Getafe vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Europa League (UEFA Cup) matches.

Who do you think will go through to the semifinals?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:11 am

Bayern Munich
86%
Getafe
14%

Total votes : 7

Postby mattie » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:34 pm

IM INN LOVEEEEE TOOONIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
mattie
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby walter » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:05 pm

THIS WAS FREAGIN INSANE, NEVER SEEN A GAME WITH SUCH A DRAMATIC END IN MY WHOLE LIFE ...Kahn's face in tears when running back to his box after Toni scores just gives me goosebumps everytime I think about it. Wow!

On the other hand, what a piss-poor performance and hats off for Getafe, what a great display of determination and organization. There was nothing really positive to say about the Bayern today, they won not because of fighting spirit or quality but because the Gods of Valhalla wanted it so. That said, it worries me because german teams have always been characterized by their fighting spirit and that's not what we saw today--they were not even pushing hard forward until Pato gifted the ball to Toni.
The other problem I see is that Bayern is too predictable and their only way of attacking seems to be down the flanks or using long balls into the box and hoping for a striker to flick the ball into the path of someone else...we desperately need a creative CM or CAM, someone like Diego in the team...We could also use a real fighter in the team, someone like Jermaine Jones, who demonstrated yesterday with his fighting spirit, ball winning abilities, and passing, why does indeed deserve a spot in the national team. MVB fighting spirit is more about bad tackles, flipping off the ref, etc...

Anyway, awesome to be in the semis and I really hope we improve before we face Fiorentina in the final (its meant to happen) ...
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Bossano » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:14 pm

This is a sad, sad day for football. The infamous Massimo Busacca have accomplished the task of ruining yet another great football game. Getafe fully deserved to go through to the semifinals, they played fantastic football in both matches - opposite Bayern, who played without any determination and fantasy. Look at the goals they scored; all of them lucky punches that could have been scored by any team, regardless of how they have played in the rest of the match.

What i will remember from this, besides the referee, is Luca Tonis arrogant italian attitude, telling the audience to be quiet after scoring the sadest goal in football history.

I wish Bayern all the worst in the future!
Bossano
First post

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby walter » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:26 pm

**** off asshole!...the same happened to us before and at a bigger stage, CL 1999, and I never wished a bad future to MAn U because of what happened. You have just ruined any sympathy I could have felt for the Getafe fans...
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby FCBinNYC » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:04 am

I've heard of "Bayern gluck" before but that was rediculous...boy am I glad I didn't follow some other "fans" out the door of the bar at 3-1! Patience is a virtue I guess! Honestly though Getafe deserved the win, I can't believe we came through that! Amazing! Toni is officially my hero! Say what you want, Bassano, but the ref blew the game believing it was a foul every time Getafe went to the ground. sure he got the red card completely wrong, no doubt, but blaming the loss on the ref is just retarded. Saddest goal in history...give me a break! More like the saddest attempted save in history!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBinNYC » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:05 am

Oh yeah and WIR GEHEN NACH MANCHESTER! Bayern will show Zenit that Neverkusen was nothing...
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby walter » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:35 am

Bayern captain Oliver Kahn was also nearly lost for words to describe the comeback from his side.
“The words fail me right now, and I’ve experienced a lot in international football” he said.
“When we all meet up in ten years time, we won’t be talking about Real Madrid or Manchester United, but about Getafe.
“I can’t ever remember watching or playing in such a match as tonight” he added.

Kahn's post-match words...
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby chori123 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:16 am

LUCA TONIIIIIIIII! DANKE!!!!!!

What a game!! We played very well..

FC BAYERNN!!; DEUTSCHE MEISTER!!!!
chori123
Getting the hang of it

Postby MUTU » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:50 am

I've never felt as much emotion in a football match since the 1999 Champions League final. It was tense all throughout, except perhaps for some time whilst Getafe were cruising 3-1 and all seemed lost.

Some points I gathered from this match:
- We have to take our chances better. We had far more chances than them over both legs, and yet we scored an equal number of goals
- Something has happened to Kahn. He didn't do a single save, both legs.
- We need to learn how to clear the ball properly. Their goal from the first leg and their second goal in this match (when Lucio slipped) came as a result of the defenders being too calm on the ball and not clearing the ball ASAP
- The greatest point I took from this match was that we have the fighting spirit, determination and self-belief of winners. We scored not 1 but 3 late goals! This team has great character, and I believe we could very well end up winning all competitions we qualified for this season.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Uno_del_Geta » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:41 am

Congratulations to all of u!.

I am very very sad. I cannot react. today I hate football. But I thick that I am prouder than u, isn't it?.

U are a very lucky men.

I hope Getafe will win Copa del Rey final on wednesday. but today... I have no words.

football is a **** shit!
Uno_del_Geta
Getting the hang of it

Postby kevh26 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:29 am

getafe were unfortunate... they capitalised on all of Bayerns mistakes, but at the end of the day I'm just delighted to see a gritty performance such as that... two goals so late in the competition is incredible!!!

on the other hand... Getafe fans, don't feel too disheartened, remember, this is your debut season in europe and for a club so young, it's certainly one with a very very bright future!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Bayernglasgowfan » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:39 am

We played very poorly for most of the game but at least on this occasion we did eventually manage to break down the 10-man defence door that is so often set up against us in matches.

Luca Toni is now top tournament scorer with 10 goals and he showed again last night that he never gives up no matter how many chances might not drop in the net. He also made lots of attempts to assist the ball to others but few of his colleagues took advantage of his play.

And Ollie's 'assist' for the 3rd goal was special too! (he challenged for the ball which then broke to the wings and Sosa put across a perfect pass).

I must make the point that the playing surface did not appear to be the best (yet again!) True, Lucio lost his footing trying to clear the ball for Getafe 3:1 but I blame Jansen for letting the chance happen as he was more concerned in berating his colleagues for a poor pass than chasing back from the throw in.

Was not over impressed with some of the antics of the Getafe squad. Every time minimal contact was made it was a case of the dying swan act. I feel that took away some of the shine from their performance. Maybe the wrongly given red card upset therm so much that they wanted the referee to even the score?

So now it is St Petersburg and we really cannot allow for another peformance like that again! (Bolton 2:2, Aberdeen 2:2 etc. etc.). Now players have to start taking responsibility and make the expected contribution to the play.

Remember we are now only 180 minutes away from the final (well lets hope its only 180 minutes and not 210!) and I have the sneaking suspiscion that it will be Glasgow Rangers and not Fiorentina that we will face.

Well done FCB and lets look onwards and upwards.

Getafe you have lost little in your defeat and should take on board the lesson that playing in UEFA competitions can never be regarded as easy and sometimes the lesson can appear unduly harsh.

Lets not be too harsh of the reactions from Getafe contributors here: It is to be expected especially after such a highly-charged match and I am sure it will not be there last campaign on the European stage.
Bayernglasgowfan
Getting the hang of it

Postby kevh26 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:10 am

i think there's little in that post to argue with BayernGlasgowFan...very good post, and my sentiments exactly... and I would love to face Rangers in the final, there's an accounts assistant that works in one of our branches in glasgow, who's been winding me up about them finding german opposition too easy, and I'd love nothing more that to reply with an impressive victory over them in manchester!!!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:18 pm

I'm a bit scared. My worst nightmare could happen now... Mutu scoring the winner against Bayern in the final. That would make me so angry!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby medin69 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:03 pm

i couldnt sleep for whole night :)
medin69
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Europa League