You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2007-20-09] FC Bayern vs CF Belenenses

Discussions on the UEFA Europa League (UEFA Cup) matches.

What's going to happen in this first match?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:49 pm

Bayern win
100%
Draw
No votes
Belenenses win
No votes

Total votes : 13

[2007-20-09] FC Bayern vs CF Belenenses

Postby FC Bajern » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:49 pm

First Round of Uefa Cup and Bayern is facing the Portugese team Belenenses.

Last year they finished 5th in the Portugese league and some say that they play really good against big teams.

Image vs Image
FC Bajern

Postby Mirage » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:01 pm

Apparently the team is the 5th best in Portugal, my brother got rather excited because he likes the portuguese league. I don't think it will be an easy tie at all!
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:15 pm

Mirage wrote:Apparently the team is the 5th best in Portugal, my brother got rather excited because he likes the portuguese league. I don't think it will be an easy tie at all!

Saying they are the 5th best in Portugal is as inaccurate as saying we're the 4th best in Germany, because they're not used to doing so well last season as much as we're not used to doing so bad last season. In the last 5 seasons, there were their final league standings in a league considered to be inferior to the Bundesliga:

Season 2002-2003 - 9th
Season 2003-2004 - 15th
Season 2004-2005 - 9th
Season 2005-2006 - 15th
Season 2006-2007 - 5th (last season)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby andresdonado15 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:10 am

At bayern website, it says, there are 45000 tickets sold , and there are 21000 tickets more in standby.
I dont understand. There, it says the tickets at the dispossal are "free on sale", it means they are giving tickets for free??? i dont understand?
andresdonado15
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:53 am

andresdonado15 wrote:At bayern website, it says, there are 45000 tickets sold , and there are 21000 tickets more in standby.
I dont understand. There, it says the tickets at the dispossal are "free on sale", it means they are giving tickets for free??? i dont understand?

No, they are not giving the tickets away for free but that would be nice. LOL!! I think what they are saying is that there are 21,000 tickets still available.

BTW...welcome to the board. :D
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby andresdonado15 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:27 pm

jajaaj. ok . THANKS
andresdonado15
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Miss Dangerous » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:34 pm

I`ve never heard of this team before!! :P
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby kevh26 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:50 pm

personally i would be apalled to go out of the UEFA cup in our first round of matches, especially considering i've got £50 on Bayern to win it (5/1, also have £50 on the league, 4/1 and £20 on the DFB cup 7/1 - good odds i feel)
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Mirage » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:44 pm

Miss Dangerous...!! wrote:I`ve never heard of this team before!! :P

me neither! I only know 3 portuguese football teams and thats because they're the ones that are in the champions league.
I know we don't have the return leg at home but i don't think it will matter. It will be a good test for us and I'm sure we'll win it.

Don't be so negative Kev!
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby bm72 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:48 am

belenenses is not a bad side, I just hope Hitzfeld did send some spies over to portugal to watch them play their league games. Another tricky bit is that the 1st leg is at The Allianz Arena !!!
BAYERN 4EVER
bm72
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby FC Bajern » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:59 pm

UEFA Cup
First Round, First Leg:
FC Bayern München vs CF Belenenses

Kick-Off: 20 September 2007, 19:00 (CET)
Stadium: Allianz Arena - Munich

Referee
Stefan Johannesson (SWE)

Assistant refereea
Peter Ekström (SWE)
Joakim Flink (SWE)

Fourth official
Daniel Stalhammar (SWE)

UEFA Referee observer
Orhan Erdemir (TUR)
FC Bajern

Postby FC Bajern » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:04 pm

and here are some bad news. Klose will be watching the match form the stands or bench whatever, because he is suspended for one match. That's the red card he recived from the Werder Bremen vs Espanyol game in semi-finals last season in Uefa Cup :roll: I guess we will see Toni and Posolski up front.
FC Bajern

Postby FCBinNYC » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:33 pm

Despite no Klose, I see no reason why Bayern can't win this. Sure Portugese teams can play, but after the last two draws I think the team will be fired up and ready to kick some butt. I'm worried that Toni might not play, since Podolski hasn't really been doing too much when he's been on the pitch since his comeback. (Didn't see the Romania game, though.) That said, 90 minutes should be good for him, let's hope he makes me eat my words with multiple goals!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Mirage » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:54 pm

Has Podolski played yet for Bayern since coming back from injury? His goal against Romania was good and he played OK but I haven't seen him for Bayern this season yet.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FC Bajern » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:41 pm

Mirage wrote:Has Podolski played yet for Bayern since coming back from injury? His goal against Romania was good and he played OK but I haven't seen him for Bayern this season yet.

The game against Schalke, don't you remember? He played for the last 15 minutes.
FC Bajern

Next

Return to UEFA Europa League