You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[08-11-2007]Bayern vs Bolton

Discussions on the UEFA Europa League (UEFA Cup) matches.

What do you think will be the final result of this match?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:36 am

Bayern win
63%
Draw
25%
Bolton win
13%

Total votes : 8

[08-11-2007]Bayern vs Bolton

Postby FC Bajern » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:36 am

This match will be played a week form today (November 8 ) at 19:00 local time.

Stadium: Allianz Arena

Referee
Jaroslav Jára (CZE)
Assistant referee
Miroslav Zlamal (CZE) Antonin Kordula (CZE)
Fourth official
Jiri Molacek (CZE)

Image v Image

Let's go Bayern Image
Last edited by FC Bajern on Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FC Bajern

Postby FC Bajern » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:38 am

• Bayern won their opener 3-2 at FK Crvena Zvezda - 17-year-old Toni Kroos scoring an added-time winner - while Bolton drew 1-1 at home against SC Braga.

• The two sides have never met in European competition.

• Bayern have played 30 games against English sides over the years, winning eleven, drawing eleven and losing eight. Of the 13 of those games played on home soil, they have won nine, drawn three and lost one.

• That sole home defeat was a 2-1 loss to Norwich City FC in a 1993/94 UEFA Cup second-round tie. That result, coupled with a 1-1 draw in the first leg in East Anglia, saw Bayern eliminated and a hero made of Canaries midfielder Jeremy Goss.

• Newly-appointed Bolton manager Megson - then approaching the end of his playing career - was an unused substitute for Norwich in both legs of that tie.

• Megson was named as Bolton's manager on the eve of their 1-1 draw against Braga, watching from the stands as caretaker boss Archie Knox oversaw the game. The 48-year-old, who signed a two-and-a-half year contract - replaced Sammy Lee.

• This will be Megson's first game in UEFA club competition as a coach. The one-time central midfielder was involved in three games as a Norwich player, although the best years of his career were spent at Sheffield Wednesday FC.

• Bayern coach Ottmar Hitzfeld has only lost two times in 12 games against English sides. The most famous of these was the 2-1 defeat by Manchester United FC in the 1999 UEFA Champions League final. The other was in the 2001 Super Cup, when Liverpool FC prevailed 3-2 in Monaco.

• His record against English sides in ten games with Bayern and two more with BV Borussia Dortmund reads won five, drawn five and lost two. At home, his record reads won three, drawn two, lost none.

• Bolton defender Abdoulaye Méïté played alongside Bayern forward Franck Ribéry at Olympique de Marseille in the 2005/06 season.

• Bayern defender Valérien Ismaël and Bolton forward El Hadji Diouf were team-mates at RC Lens between 2000 and 2002.

• Bolton have earned 1-1 draws in three of their five European away games, registering a 2-1 win and a 2-1 defeat in the other games.

• Bayern are unbeaten in their last seven UEFA Cup home ties.

• Aris Thessaloniki FC are at home against Crvena Zvezda in the day's other Group F game.
FC Bajern

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:08 pm

This Is Lancashire

Nicolas Anelka has failed to respond to treatment on the hamstring injury he picked up in Sunday's 1-1 draw with Aston Villa and is now a major doubt for next Thursday's UEFA Cup group game away to Bayern.
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBinNYC » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:25 pm

That's great news if Anelka can't play, especially since when the draw was made he couldn't stop talking about how HE (NOT Bolton) was going to beat Bayern. Ha! I'm pretty confident Bayern won't lose, but I voted for a draw since Bolton can be pretty stingy on the defense. I hope their not as rowdy as I've seen them be in the past, we don't need more injuries! With Stuttgart away two days later I think we may see some rotation for this game, even though it's definitely a must-win.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Miss Dangerous » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:24 pm

I believe that we will win this match! we have such a strong side, don`t think that what happend against Frackfurt will happen again :(
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Paddy » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:56 pm

Godd*mn . What the hell is Van Buyten doing in the side? Why the hell was Lucio more concetratiing on the attack than defense....How could Schweini miss that chance when he was all alone....that´s 3 draws in a row....F*ck
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby BayernRtheBest » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:59 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWW, another draawww, this is so annoying, bayern arent so bright as they were before, and they need to put away there chancessss!!
BayernRtheBest

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:59 pm

It's Bayern's fault that they didn't win the match and coneceding bolton's second goal. they were taking it easy :evil: as if they were winning 5-0!!!
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Schweini_rules » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:00 pm

Why the HELL was RIBERY substituted?
Adreas Ottl was out, not playing on earth today...he though he was on Mars.
Klose...bad performance.
Lucio + Van Buyten = disaster
Generally our defense suckd big time.
How the freaking HELL you can miss something like Schweini did ?
Leave experienced players on the bench and through in youngsters is not a very good choice.

Summing up , we were sht. It is 3 draws in a row fellas.
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBinNYC » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:10 pm

So here's what I thought:
-WAY TO GO POLDI! That's what we need to see more of from him.
-Schweini needs to spend every spare second he has on target practice. I thought he was great other than his finishing, that open goal miss was inexcusable. ESPECIALLY since we would've won!
-Ottl was way out of his league, I think that's the last we'll see of him in a while. It'd be great to be proven wrong, but I think better backup for MVB and Ze might be a good investment.
-Kahn probably would've saved (though probably not held on to) Bolton's equalizer if he were 5 years younger. He just doesn't have the same reflexes he used to.
-Van Buyten: probably the worst signing in Bayern history. (Yes, even more so than Karimi.)
We're still top of the group at least, but Poldi, Franck, Schweini and Lucio really carried us this game. I don't understand why Hitzfeld took Lukas out, he was finally living up to the hype! With a view to Saturday I understand taking out Ribery, but not Poldi. Especially when you consider that it just wasn't Klose's day. Bravo to Bolton for taking the lead and then fighting back after going down, especially without having to actually play any football. Let's hope these are the last dropped points for a while.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Schweini_rules » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:15 pm

We drew to Bolton(without Anelka, Diouf etc) , we are 1st in Bundes and they are 19th in the Premier...
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fcb 4eva » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:37 pm

WHY THE F*CK DID RIBERY GO OFF! HE WAS RUNNING THE GAME COMPLETELY AND AS SOON AS HE WENT OFF THAT WAS IT, BAYERN GOT COCKY AND THOUGHT THE GAME WAS WON AT 2-1 AND GOT WHAT THEY DESERVED FOR THAT.!!!!!!!

THAT IS AN EMBARRASING RESULT NO DOUBT, FEELS LIKE A DEFEAT

-----------------------

FCB 4EVA :D
fcb 4eva
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Mirage » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:57 pm

To think if Anelka, Diouf etc. had played, Bolton would most likely have won that match.
That game was great viewing until Ribery went off, then Poldi, the chances dried up, the game went flat, then Schweini went off and it was made even worse and then they equalised. Terribly predictable, like something out of last season, especially the defense. oh lord the defense. Buy some new defenders, some more central midfielders. Podolski's performance, encouraging, shows us we need no more strikers. Schlaudraff needs to be playing over Ottl and Kroos.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:34 pm

I did not get to see the game since I was in school but from what I have read Hitzfeld seems to be having some serious problems over who to sub and when. He's totally screwing things up. Three draws from the past three matches is not good.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:51 am

Hitzfeld can't be put to much blame in this. He had to rest some players because we are due to play Stuttgart just 43 hours after this game ended, and the players need to regenerate. That is why he left Demichelis, Lahm, Ze Roberto and Toni out of the starting line-up. Ribery, Podolski and Schweinsteiger were amongst the best 3 players and he took them off because he wanted to rest them as they had run a lot.

Don't worry guys, this match was anything but critical... it was almost a friendly. Only 2 teams are eliminated per group, and we've got 4 points out of 2 matches, so we're heading in the right direction.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Next

Return to UEFA Europa League