You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[08-11-2007]Bayern vs Bolton

Discussions on the UEFA Europa League (UEFA Cup) matches.

What do you think will be the final result of this match?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:36 am

Bayern win
63%
Draw
25%
Bolton win
13%

Total votes : 8

Postby tracylynn » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:22 am

I know Hitzfeld doesn't deserve all the blame but from the reports I've read he screwed up big time by taking out the best players (Ribery, Podolski) and that is when the team fell apart. This is not the first week that his choice of subsitutions have been questioned. Granted, he likes to rotate players but something just doesn't seem right. Even the board made comments about the subsitutions in the game. Besides not winning this game, which would have been nice, the problem I'm having is with his choice of subsitutions and when he does them.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:08 am

... but the reason was to rest those players ahead of the match against Stuttgart which is of higher importance.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Bayernbazi » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:03 am

Although I expected the substitutions to happen, I did not agree with substituting both Poldi and Ribery only within 3 mins. The team should have been given chance to stabilize. Yesterday I remembered about the 1999 CL final where within 20 mins from the end of the match Hitzfeld replaced Matthäus, Zickler and Basler and we all know how it ended.

But this was no final and one has to understand that Bayern cannot afford to loose more ground in the Bundesliga.

Apart from the defensive mistakes which happened yesterday, in my opnion the problem right now is that Bayern is once more being wasteful with the chances that were created. If there is a chance for goal and they don't score the team will end up paying for it and it's useless complaining afterwards that the opponents were very defensive etc. etc. we've heard that agianst Belensis, Dortmund, Frankfurt....
Bayern should understand that it's still not Christmas yet! :wink:
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Hawkeye » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:07 pm

I didnt have a chance to watch the game, the UEFA Cup isnt broadcast on free to air tv in Aus, so I cant comment on this match. I want to know if there should be reason for concern over Bayerns recent results. Are they losing thier edge? I cant beleive Im typing these words... Im a pretty patient person, I had hope last season (up untill the match with Stuttgart) that Bayern would finish at least 3rd, and granted, they are still first in the BL...but should a team that has spent so much be grinding out draws with a team like Bolton? I dont know. I think I got so used to them winning as of late that now whenever they play I expect a result like the 4-0 win over bremen.

Im sure that once the pressure is on, they will find their winning ways, after all...its only 3 draws.
Hawkeye
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby fanOfBayern » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:29 pm

Though I am utterly frustrated with the draw and the fact that BOLTON managed to score 2 against us in THE ALLIANZ ARENA, I think there is nothing to be worried..

Its just too many games and Hitzfeld was extra cautious. He should start trusting Sosa/Schlaudraff/Kroos more and use them more frequently. They should be used as direct replacements for Toni/Ribery/Schweini.

Just my 2 cents..

Also, Ottl sucks...We need to buy a good back-up for Ze' Roberto/van B'.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Salford White » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:13 pm

Hello from a Bolton fan! Didn't manage to get to the game last night but watched it live on TV here. I thought your coach committed tactical suicide taking off Ribery who was tearing us apart. I presume he did this to save him for your next Bundesliga game or was he so arrogant he thought the match was already won??

How were our fans in Munich, I hope they were friendly and well behaved?

I thought you were devastating going forward, but you looked poor at the back particularly through the middle. Your centre backs look very static/slow?

Good luck for the rest of the competition and Bundesliga season and thank you for the point!! :D
Salford White
First post

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby carrick loyalist » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:42 am

Salford White, Don't expect any feedback from this forum, try one of the other one's as mentioned on ww's.
carrick loyalist
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:03 pm

Salford White, sorry but no one can answer your question because this is an English speaking forum for all Bayern fans. The majority of us don't live in Germany so we could not go. Don't listen to carruck loyalist because he was not on this forum to have a discussion but to say silly things. It was nice of you to provide us with your insight on the game and you're welcome for the point. :D
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:46 pm

Salford White wrote:Hello from a Bolton fan! Didn't manage to get to the game last night but watched it live on TV here. I thought your coach committed tactical suicide taking off Ribery who was tearing us apart. I presume he did this to save him for your next Bundesliga game or was he so arrogant he thought the match was already won??

How were our fans in Munich, I hope they were friendly and well behaved?

I thought you were devastating going forward, but you looked poor at the back particularly through the middle. Your centre backs look very static/slow?

Good luck for the rest of the competition and Bundesliga season and thank you for the point!! :D

As what tracylynn told you, most of us don`t live in Germany. so, we can`t comment on your question.. but I think that your fans behaved well.. since we`ve never heard of any problems.

You`re right! Hitzfeld`ve subitiuted Ribery to give him a rest for our next match. but I think the timing was wrong. I mean.. he should have to wait until we socre a 3rd goal.

Our defence was a bit poor `cause we missed Demichelis. and he has been the best this season

finally, welcome to the forum and we`d like to read you opinions anytime. as long as you still respect that this is a Bayern forum :o
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Previous

Return to UEFA Europa League