You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-04-03] Bayern Munich vs Getafe CF

Discussions on the UEFA Europa League (UEFA Cup) matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:40 am

Bayern Munich win
86%
Draw
14%
Getafe win
No votes

Total votes : 7

[2008-04-03] Bayern Munich vs Getafe CF

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:40 am

1/4 Final Leg 1 ----> ALLIANZ ARENA

VBM is doubtful due to flu, while Schweinsteiger or Sosa is going to replace the injured Altintop on the right flank.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:45 pm

This won't be easy. Bayern need to greatly respect their opponents because they have the reputation of being giant killers. If they can beat Barcelona, Real Madrid and Valencia, they can certainly beat Bayern Munich. Maximum concentration and a tight defence will be key to winning the match.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:24 pm

Click Here to see which channels are going to broadcast the match live.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBinNYC » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:08 pm

I've only seen Getafe play a few times, and they're good. BUT I've seen Madrid and Barca plenty, and Bayern defend better then them for the most part. I'm going with 3-1. I'm ready for the Podolski show!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby medin69 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:24 pm

GO BAYERN
medin69
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bayern4ever » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:37 pm

good getafe deverved it we played like sh1t the most boring game from us :x
bayern4ever
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fcb 4eva » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:44 pm

im starting to wonder if we want this cup or simply going through the motions
fcb 4eva
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:46 pm

That was f***ing incredible! I tought that was going to happen! All those missed opportunities, Bayern was going to regret it sooner or later. Now Bayern has a mountain to climb because Getafe in the second leg is going to defend 10 men behind the ball and play on the counter attacks. Getafe's goal reminded me of Hamburg's goal (first round), nobody knew what the f**k was going on in the penalty area + Bayern was unlucky with that Demichelis miss kick that led to the goal.

:x:x:x :x :x :x:x
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby fcb 4eva » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:49 pm

yes i knew they would score, surprised it took so long.
fcb 4eva
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby walter » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:38 pm

Podolski needs to get a compass implanted on his cleats so he gets an idea of where to shoot....
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby Uno_del_Geta » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:50 am

Wow, what a night!. I cannot believe this result. We have payed a match on Allianz Arena and we have drawn the match in the last minute. For us this result is historical, all of us will remember it for all our lifes.

Good luck for the next match in Getafe. Does Bekembauer know where Getafe is yet?.

Regards
Uno_del_Geta
Getting the hang of it

Postby medin69 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:36 pm

they played really bad in seond half (bayern) but I think even if getafe plays in madrid defensious bayern will score cuz they will keep attacking all game long. I think Klose should replace Podolski..he had some oportuninites but He didnt score. anyway I think bayern should win that game in madrid
medin69
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCBinNYC » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:30 pm

I'm not mad, just disappointed. :lol: That equalizer was a real bummer, but I'm going to focus on the positives...first, I don't think I've ever seen a team totally dominate another like Bayern did in the first 35 minutes or so. I swear the possession must've been 80/20 for that period. Definitely should've found another goal in there, but I think the team was simply suffering from Arsenalitis yesterday. (You know, where you pass the ball around a lot but never shoot it.) Lahm, Toni, and Ribdog all had golden opportunities there in the second half, I can't believe not one of those ended up as a goal. Arsenalitis. Aside from his finishing, Poldi was OK. That was encouraging. And it looks like Schweini's long shot is back, I know he didn't score but he got closer and closer with each one, I think it's only a matter of time before we see another one of those laserbeams!
A first-leg home draw always sucks, but Bayern will have learned a lot from this game. I'd say we're still the favorites if you look at our away form in Europe this season: Belenenses 0-2 Bayern, Red Star 2-3 Bayern, Braga 1-1 Bayern, Aberdeen 2-2 Bayern, Anderlecht 0-5 Bayern...I'll take any one of those scorelines after 90 next week. (Preferably not 1-1, but even then extra time isn't that bad.) Point is we've consistently found at least one goal away and I don't see that changing any time soon. AUF GEHT'S IHR ROTEN!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fanOfBayern » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:45 pm

walter wrote:Podolski needs to get a compass implanted on his cleats so he gets an idea of where to shoot....

Lol...Thats true. He's so inefficient when it comes to finishing off good moves..
I don't know if Klinsmann will take a chance with him.

Coming to the game, I am utterly disappointed. I wonder why take the foot off the gas after we score 1 goal. This needs to change and the General has to be the one to do something about it.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to UEFA Europa League