You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-03-12] Bayern Munich vs Anderlecht

Discussions on the UEFA Europa League (UEFA Cup) matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:43 pm

Bayern Munich win
33%
Draw
67%
Anderlecht win
No votes

Total votes : 3

[2008-03-12] Bayern Munich vs Anderlecht

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:30 pm

The Home leg against Anderlecht. Bayern have a big aggregate advantage of 5-0. Is it possible for Anderlecht to at least score 5 in the Allianz Arena and then win on penalties?!? As Adidas say, "Impossible is nothing" while Borat says, "Naaaaaaaaaaaaatt!" :P
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:44 pm

Bayern will probably rest a lot of players and throw in a second string side. However, my money is still on Bayern to bring all 3 points home. One interesting thing to note is that Breno will be in the starting lineup and will thus make his Bayern debut.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBinNYC » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:12 pm

I think this one has draw written all over it. The different players will probably disrupt the team's rhythm a bit, and combined with Anderlecht's determination to show that they're not THAT bad will mean a tough game. Plus, Bayern will probably take it easy knowing that Ander most likely won't be able to score 6. But I think Breno, Schlaudraff, Sosa, and the others that we don't see as much still have the quality to keep Ander in their place, and hopefully put on a good show for us. 2-2
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:10 pm

I think its going to be another goal fest for Bayern. I just want to see Schlaudraff given a chance.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:40 pm

Channels broadcasting this match live:

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?match ... art=sports

Golt tv using TVU Player is the best option
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:48 pm

FT Score: Bayern Munich 1-2 Anderlecht

Scorers: Lucio 8', Serhat 20', Lakovenko 35'

Bayern started very well, putting pressure on the Anderlecth defence with a shot by podolski hitting the post. Then a freekick from Sosa (a great one) pinpointing Lucio to head in the ball. After that, Bayern eased a lot (too much in fact). Rensing might have done better for the first goal. He just stood on the line when he had to go for the ball. The second, I don't blame him. It was a magnificent shot and surely surprised him. Breno still has to adapt to the Bayern team. Some statistics:

This is the first game Rensing lost with the Bayern senior team.
This is the first loss for Bayern in the UEFA Cup.
This is the first home loss for Bayern this season in a comeptitive match.

What do you think about the result of the match ?
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby FCBinNYC » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:31 am

Anderlecht played like they had nothing to lose, and after they scored Bayern played like any team would that's up 6-0. I agree with mackoy, Breno needs time to adapt. He had some good moments, but definitely could've been better. But I think we all knew that would be the case before kickoff.
It was just one of those days where the attacking third wasn't really happening, despite the loss I thought Sosa, Kroos and Poldi were pretty good in the buildup play, at least in the first half. It's disappointing to lose, but that's only the second one this season, and given the circumstances I have to say I don't really care. Looking forward to the quarter finals! I hope we get Bremen! (Providing they can beat Rangers tomorrow.)
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:05 pm

mackoy wrote:This is the first game Rensing lost with the Bayern senior team.

Actually, it's the second.
Check this out: http://www.fussballdaten.de/dfb/2007/achtelfinale/aachen-bmuenchen/

mackoy wrote:This is the first loss for Bayern in the UEFA Cup.

This season ;)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:48 pm

MUTU wrote:
mackoy wrote:This is the first game Rensing lost with the Bayern senior team.

Actually, it's the second.
Check this out: http://www.fussballdaten.de/dfb/2007/achtelfinale/aachen-bmuenchen/

mackoy wrote:This is the first loss for Bayern in the UEFA Cup.

This season ;)

10x for pointing this out. My mistake.

Yes, this season obviously. :)
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Return to UEFA Europa League