You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-02-21] Bayern Munich vs Aberdeen

Discussions on the UEFA Europa League (UEFA Cup) matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:03 pm

Bayern win comfortably
100%
Bayern win by a minimal margin
No votes
Bayern win in extra time
No votes
Aberdeen win
No votes
Match decided on penalties
No votes

Total votes : 2

[2008-02-21] Bayern Munich vs Aberdeen

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:03 pm

The 2nd leg is now approaching. Demichelis is out, Ribery is out, but Kahn and Van Bommel are back. The question on everyone's lips is: how many times will their keeper pick the ball out of the net? The real deal is: Bayern need to show respect.

May the best team win!
Last edited by MUTU on Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:04 pm

Match is at 6.45pm CET. Whoever can't watch it on TV, you can watch it via p2p TV. Click here to get the list of broadcasts.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBinNYC » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:19 pm

Auf gehts Bayern shiess ein torrrrrrrrr!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fanOfBayern » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:59 pm

Poldi seems to be on fire!
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:48 pm

Woohoo 5-1! Way to go lads :) Man of the match: Podolski
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:49 pm

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bayern_fukara » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:53 pm

MUTU wrote:You can see the highlights here: http://www.prosieben.de/sport/fussball/fcb/videos/

tnx... i couldn't watch it on TV so this is great...
bayern_fukara
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Postby FCBinNYC » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:39 pm

Nothing needs to be said, really, this was the result everyone expected and here it is. Poldi's best performance in a Bayern shirt to date, he might not have any goals in the Bundesliga this season but he seems to like the UEFA Cup! Ottl wasn't too bad either, I was surprised to see him starting but I can understand why he did with Hamburg up next, better to save Ze. Same thing with Kroos/Schweini, however I thought both of them were good too. Altintop was good as well, really I don't have any complaints. I suppose Willy still looked a little out of sorts at times, but Jansen once again proved that we have options in the fullback positions.
In short, that was the kind of performance we all know this team is capable of when they show the necessary desire and passion, and scoring 5 without Toni or Klose or Ribery on the scoresheet (and no Ribery AT ALL in the game) is HUGE. After these last two games, I think it might be safe to say that we're in business. Let's hope I'm right, since our next 4 games (Hamburg, 1860, Schalke, and Anderlecht away leg) will be essential on the treble quest. This is a good time to hit form!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby walter » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:16 am

I didn't watch the game but I am happy with the result and the fact that Poldi played really well (according to reports) and scored a brace. I think he proved that he needs to get more than the last 5 min of a game to show what he can really do. Great to see that Kroos and Sosa got some action too...now, they need to give some playing time to Schlaudraff....

Overall a great week for German teams not just in UEFA but Schalke also won in CL. The only exception was Nuremberg and they actually almost made it but got knocked out in the last minute of the game, although they did great job considering they were playing Benfica. So, really good results for Bundesliga teams, as they are currently dominating the UEFA Cup and this sort of serves as a yardstick to compare the league with others...my point is we are not doing too bad...
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby Schweini_rules » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:20 am

I was surprised to see Poldi as a starter, I was fascinated to see that Lahm was not playing (but then again we've got Hamburg ahead). Now that 5-1 reflects the actual game and sides. Fc Bayern as a superior club ought to have scored more than 3 :wink:

Though I would still prefer KloNi in attack, rather podolski...i have to admit this poldi dude has improved , you see him and he is a fighter...he runs passes..etc. Maybe next year he can be a starter but for the time being I would like to see Toni and Klose and Podolski come in as a sub 20 minutes before time.
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Miss Dangerous » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:23 pm

Bayern Munich and Bayer Leverkusen each recorded 5-1 wins yesterday to reach the next round of the UEFA Cup.

Bayern beat Aberdeen to set up a meeting with 1983 champion Anderlecht, which got past Bordeaux 3-2 on aggregate with a 1-1 draw yesterday, while Leverkusen routed 2000 winner Galatasaray... London Free Press
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Miss Dangerous » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:40 pm

Aberdeen goalkeeper Jamie Langfield insisted that last night's 5-1 UEFA Cup scoreline flattered Bayern Munich after the Dons slumped to their biggest-ever away defeat in Europe.

And, although he faces criticism for failing to keep out Lucio's opening goal, Langfield insisted he had never seen a ball hit so hard.

Efforts from the Brazilian, Daniel van Buyten, Mark van Bommel and two-goal Lukas Podolski ensured the Germans powered through to the last 16.

And, despite making a few saves, Langfield admitted that people will only remember that he conceded five goals at the Allianz Arena.

He said: 'We are really disappointed with the scoreline but that just shows the level Bayern Munich are at. They took their chances but I think 5-1 flattered them just a wee bit. However, they are a quality side and when they get chances they take them.

"Lucio's shot swerved all over the place. People may say I should have done better but it was past me before I got my hands up. It was an incredible hit. I have never ever seen a ball hit so hard in my life.

"I made some saves and that's nice for a goalkeeper but I will be remembered for the five goals, not the saves, and that's disappointing. I'm not getting the luck just now. The third goal hit off me and fell to their man.

"You get games like that when the break of the ball is not falling kindly."

Aberdeen's UEFA Cup adventure has whetted Langfield's appetite for more of the same and he called on his team-mates to climb up the SPL and qualify for European football next season.

He said: "We have a massive game at Kilmarnock on Sunday and we need to be upbeat. We have enjoyed the European experience and we know, to get back here, we need to start playing in the league. It's about time we put a run together."

Manager Jimmy Calderwood claimed his side did not deserve to lose so heavily.

Substitute Steve Lovell's late goal was little consolation to the Pittodrie boss, who felt the end result was rather harsh. He said: "I don't think we deserved to lose 5-1. We tried to get forward and make passes and there is no doubt that Bayern thoroughly deserved to win, as they asked questions of us.

"But I felt the scoreline was a little bit harsh and I felt sorry for the supporters, too. They didn't deserve that, either. Our fans were fantastic. In fact, both sets of supporters were.

"I was disappointed at how we started but we then began to knock some passes around. Darren Mackie then had a wonderful chance - you do not get too many against a quality team such as Bayern and you have to take them.

"Even at 2-0, Darren had a goal given offside and, had it gone for 2-1, Bayern may have got nervy. But it was not to be. It has been a wonderful adventure for us and to end in a stadium like the Allianz Arena and playing the way we did is no disgrace... This Is London
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Miss Dangerous » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:38 pm

Bayern took the lead via an early Lucio free-kick and extended their advantage before half-time through a header from Daniel van Buyten.

The visitors produced a flurry of resistance in the opening stages of the second half, before Lukas Podolski's brace put paid to their European campaign.

Substitute Steve Lovell headed past Oliver Kahn with five minutes remaining to claim a consolation for the visitors, before Mark van Bommel restored his side's four-goal lead with a beautifully struck effort from the cusp of the penalty area... Eurosport
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Miss Dangerous » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:49 pm

JAMIE LANGFIELD last night branded Polish referee Robert Malek "anti-Aberdeen" after a 5-1 thrashing which he claimed flattered Bayern Munich.

The Bundesliga leaders were simply as awesome as the stunning setting in the Allianz Arena... Daily Record
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Miss Dangerous » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:19 pm

JIMMY CALDERWOOD last night insisted shattered Aberdeen did not deserve to have their UEFA Cup dreams destroyed in such a nightmare fashion.

The Dons gaffer watched in despair as his side's European run was brought to a crashing halt by Bayern Munich in the Allianz Arena...Daily Record
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Next

Return to UEFA Europa League