You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-02-14] Aberdeen FC vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Europa League (UEFA Cup) matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:26 pm

Aberdeen FC win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich win
100%

Total votes : 2

[2008-02-14] Aberdeen FC vs Bayern Munich

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:22 pm

FC Bayern München will take on former nemesis Aberdeen FC after the draw was made for the UEFA Cup Rounds of 32 and 16.

German tests
Aberdeen eliminated Bayern en route to lifting the 1982/83 UEFA Cup Winners' Cup, and will now aim to repeat the trick in the last 32 against one of five Bundesliga teams left in the competition. One of Bayern's fellow former European champions, Hamburger SV, meet FC Zürich, Bayer 04 Leverkusen play another ex-UEFA Cup winner Galatasaray AS, Werder Bremen – among eight sides moving over from the UEFA Champions League – face SC Braga, and 1. FC Nürnberg tackle SL Benfica.

Former winners
Of the other previous tournament winners, RSC Anderlecht are up against FC Girondins de Bordeaux, PSV Eindhoven encounter Helsingborgs IF, Olympique de Marseille take on FC Spartak Moskva, and Tottenham Hotspur FC have been paired with SK Slavia Praha as in last season's first round. Elsewhere, one of two UEFA Intertoto Cup survivors along with Hamburg, Club Atlético de Madrid meet Bolton Wanderers FC, Everton FC play SK Brann, ACF Fiorentina challenge Rosenborg BK, and European debutants Getafe CF continue their campaign against AEK Athens FC.

Round of 16
Among the potential Round of 16 ties, Bremen and Hamburg will come together should both prevail. Brann and Rosenborg may also be on course for a national derby if they can edge past Everton and Fiorentina. Likewise FC Zenit St. Petersburg and Spartak will meet if they can overcome Villarreal CF and Marseille respectively, while Bayern or Aberdeen will play Anderlecht or Bordeaux.

Procedure
The sides who finished first in each section were drawn against one of the third-ranked teams from another group while the runners-up in each section were paired with one of the eight clubs joining the competition from the UEFA Champions League group stage. The group winners and runners-up will play their second leg at home, while sides from the same association were kept apart in the draw.

Last 16 draw
The format is two-legged knockout ties with the first legs being played on 13/14 February and the second legs on 21 February. Final dates, kick-off times and venues will be communicated by 7 January. No teams were seeded in the draw for the last 16. Match dates are set for 6 and 12/13 March and final dates, venues and kick-off times will be confirmed by 25 February.

2007/08 UEFA Cup Round of 32
First leg: 13/14 February
Second leg: 21 February
1. Aberdeen FC (SCO) v FC Bayern München (GER)
2. AEK Athens FC (GRE) v Getafe CF (ESP)
3. Bolton Wanderers FC (ENG) v Club Atlético de Madrid (ESP)
4. FC Zenit St. Petersburg (RUS) v Villarreal CF (ESP)
5. Galatasaray AS (TUR) v Bayer 04 Leverkusen (GER)
6. RSC Anderlecht (BEL) v FC Girondins de Bordeaux (FRA)
7. SK Brann (NOR) v Everton FC (ENG)
8. FC Zürich (SUI) v Hamburger SV (GER)
9. Rangers FC (SCO) v Panathinaikos FC (GRE)
10. PSV Eindhoven (NED) v Helsingborgs IF (SWE)
11. SK Slavia Praha (CZE) v Tottenham Hotspur FC (ENG)
12. Rosenborg BK (NOR) v ACF Fiorentina (ITA)
13. Sporting Clube de Portugal (POR) v FC Basel 1893 (SUI)
14. Werder Bremen (GER) v SC Braga (POR)
15. SL Benfica (POR) v 1. FC Nürnberg (GER)
16. Olympique de Marseille (FRA) v FC Spartak Moskva (RUS)

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/uefacu ... &att=index[/b]
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:14 pm

Scotland on Sunday
WHAT with it being 19 years to the day since a certain Aberdeen side beat Bayern Munich in Europe, a parade of some of the old guard was deemed appropriate before this kick-off. A blast-from-the-past quartet consisting of Jim Leighton, Neil Simpson, Doug Rougvie and John Hewitt walked on to the pitch and indulged in their waves to supporters who duly waved back.

Back in 1983, their dashing exploits were accompanied on vinyl by a European Song. Aberdeen may have hit some bum notes in Europe since that zenith, but this tight win over Dunfermline delivers Ebbe Skovdahl’s class of 2002 a little closer to another bite at that continental cherry.

With Livingston emerging from Rugby Park with a point, Aberdeen now assume sole control of third position. All this makes for an intriguing match-up – as early spring SPL fixtures go – next week when the young Dons venture to Almondvale for an encounter Ebbe Skovdahl describes as “vital”. Dunfermline must wait and see if they make this top six folks haver on about, the aspirational target they so narrowly missed out on last year.

The Fifers have not won at Pittodrie for four years and here they were beaten, though not well beaten. As Jimmy Calderwood later said, with managerial counter part Skovdahl agreeing, Dunfermline dominated the second period after Aberdeen had expended much of their energy chasing victory in the first. That was where they won it though, Leon Mike striking with a slice of small fortune and generally impressing in what represented his first full SPL outing.

Skovdahl, who was delighted with the partnership Mike struck up with Darren Mackie, a new M&M attack for Aberdeen, praised the “penetration, pace and elegance” of his team early doors.

Indeed, the match started well. The observer’s attention was also caught with Calderwood despatching one of those retiring formations typical of his Dunfermline side. It requires a bare minimum of four strikers, sometimes five, and placing inordinate trust in Andrius Skerla and Scott Thomson remaining vigilant at the back behind a more orthodox middle band. Curious, cavalier, quite eye-catching. Faced with this refreshing proposition, Skovdahl’s charges needed little encouragement to swarm forward when the chance availed itself.

Take the striking pair of Mackie and Mike, add Robbie Winters and Derek Young on the flanks and, hey presto, bear witness to the home cavalry. After doing their utmost to confuse Dunfermline at a couple of corners, half-a-dozen red shirts trotting back and fore enigmatically in loose formation, Aberdeen forged their lead in the seventh minute.

Mike, the former Manchester City striker on whom Aberdeen spent £50,000, was left celebrating his second goal since his move north. You could say he cleverly swept Winters’ inviting cross into the Dunfermline net but that would be a fair-sized fib. Instead the ball deflected off a defender moving onwards to Mike’s boot from where the half-connection took it slowly past Marco Ruitenbeek and over the line. “To get the goal was lucky,” said Mike clutching his man-of-the match magnum of bubbly. “But they all count and I’ll take it gladly.” He made himself further chances before the game was over.

The Moroccan Hicham Zerouali, transfer-listed this past week by Skovdhal, looks even less likely to be missed. Mike, who professed in the match programme that he had not a clue where Aberdeen was when his switch from Maine Road was first touted, and when he eventually realised its location in the north-east thought this a bit “iffy”, is settling in rather well. While he was further bedding in, club captain Derek Whyte made do with a seat on the bench. The wise old head of the Dons defence may well be on his way this summer after a recent contract offer was turned down. Should he depart, though, Aberdeen are well provided for. Philip McGuire and Russell Anderson, Skovdahl’s favoured pairing, fared very well.

Wearing the armband for Aberdeen again was Darren Young. His was a fair contribution from midfield, demonstrating the best aspects of his growing game. Possessing an impressive range of passes, he also weighed in with a couple of shots and overall he was a busy presence in the middle.

One figure opposing him in black and white was Ian Ferguson, not a Pittodrie favourite. The veteran midfielder was pretty peeved when Calderwood withdrew him early for Gus MacPherson. Ferguson, pacing towards the bench, removed his shirt. As he sat down the item was flung into the ground.

Dunfermline, as one would expect given their formation, created almost as many chances as Aberdeen on a cold afternoon. Striker Senyi N’Diaye, on loan at East End Park from Tranmere, is a big, bustling type but blessed with a light touch. Partnering Stevie Crawford through the centre, the Senegalese was full of running and, at the end of one particular incursion, produced a fizzing shot that forced Peter Kjaer to leap.

The Fifers clambered into the top half of the table for the first timein months when they defeated Kilmarnock last week. With the knowledge that any joy here could help ensure they remain there, their players chased for the duration of this encounter.

The nearest Aberdeen came to snuffing out the visitors’ hopes of a recovery had been not long after Mike’s strike. Mackie flighted his cross from the right side and Winters clattered one off the underside of the bar.

Despite the best efforts of Crawford and Lee Bullen, who both drew the Dons’ Danish goalkeeper into action with direct shots, Aberdeen held on after Skovdahl had shaken things up a bit by bringing on fresh youth in the forms of Chris Clark and Fergus Tiernan.

“We’ve lost a game where if you look at it on balance we should have got something out of it,” said Calderwood.

Aberdeen extracted what matters most to them, three more points. Skovdahl’s season just keeps getting better.
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Espionage » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:59 pm

Hi there folks.

I am The Manager of a bar in Aberdeen (Scotland) we plan to organize a meeting point for the Bayern fans and pre/post match hospitality for the forthcoming uefa cup match in our city.

I am delighted to open a thread in your forum so your supporters can find out more details.

We are currently developing a theme for the nights out and party's around the game in Aberdeen. If there is good interest shown we will make it a great evening.

I also plan to get in touch with other fans forums if anyone can help me with that i would greatly appreciate your help.

Alternatives please view our website www.espionage007.co.uk

Kind Regards

Ross Johnston
Espionage Bar & Nightclub Complex
120 Union Street
Aberdeen
Espionage
First post

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bm72 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:21 am

it's looking good for Bayern as aberdeen have a series of injuries & on top of that are struggling to find any sort of form !!!
BAYERN 4EVER
bm72
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:23 pm

BERLIN (AFP) — German league leaders Bayern Munich will be without four of their stars for Thursday night's first-leg UEFA Cup clash at Scottish side Aberdeen in the competition's first knock-out round.

With 32 teams still left in the UEFA Cup, Bayern and Aberdeen prepare to battle it out at Pittodrie on Thursday night with the second leg at Munich's Allianz Arena the following week.

But Bayern will be missing French hamstring victim Franck Ribery, midfielder Mark van Bommel who has a knee injury, as well as defender Daniel van Buyten and Willy Sagnol.

Belgian van Buyten is struggling with flu and Frenchman Sagnol has an injured knee.

With captain Oliver Kahn sitting out the trip to Scotland, reserve goalkeeper Michael Rensing may also miss out with a back injury giving third-choice goalkeeper Bernd Dreher a chance.

But Germany defender Marcell Jansen is expected to make his first appearance since November having shaken off an ankle injury.

Aberdeen were humbled 5-1 at home by Scottish giants Celtic on Sunday, while Bayern were held to a 1-1 draw by second-placed Werder Bremen in front of their own fans on the same day.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tracylynn » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:38 pm

I read this article on GOLTV.TV and I was just stunned. Does anyone know why Kahn is sitting out on this trip? I hope Rensing can play because Bayern has good luck with him in the box.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Injury Boost For Aberdeen Boss Jimmy Calderwood

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:27 pm

ABERDEEN boss Jimmy Calderwood has confirmed that the four players listed as doubtful starters earlier this week will all be available to face Bayern Munich in the UEFA Cup tomorrow.

Andrew Considine and Zander Diamond (both ankle), together with Darren Mackie and Barry Nicholson (both knee), have been passed fit for the Pittodrie clash.

Jackie McNamara, Jamie Smith, Derek Young, Richard Foster and Richie Byrne are all definitely ruled out, and under UEFA rules Calderwood will only be able to field three of his four transfer window signings, with Dave Bus, Josh Walker and Alan Maybury likely to feature and Stuart Duff expected to miss out.

Provisional squad: Langfield, Diamond, Considine, Mair, Bus, Maybury, D Smith, Touzani, Duff, Nicholson, Severin, Walker, Aluko, Miller, De Visscher, Maguire, Lovell, Mackie, Jonathan Smith, Soutar.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:30 pm

tracylynn wrote:I read this article on GOLTV.TV and I was just stunned. Does anyone know why Kahn is sitting out on this trip? I hope Rensing can play because Bayern has good luck with him in the box.

I think they meant to rest him and play Rensing, who I believe _is_ over his back injury. If not, then I'm sure that Kahn will make the trip to Scotland. I don't see how Bayern could play with Dreher and let Kraft on the bench, whilst Kahn's resting at home.

I saw Dreher play in a friendly during the winter break and he was, well, WAY past his best. It would be a risk for Bayern to play him, which I don't think Hitzfeld would want to take, seeing how he was blasted at after the draw against Bolton.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:01 pm

I saw Dreher play in a friendly during the winter break and he was, well, WAY past his best.

Yes it's true. I forgot what friendly it was, but there was this merely a tackle on Dreher and he reacted furiously against the player which in my opinion was a 50-50 ball. He was more furious than Kahn usually is :!:
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:46 pm

Apparently, Kahn had high fever on the plane to Scotland and had to return back to Munich. Rensing has suffered a reoccurence of his back injury and is battling to be fit in time for tomorrow's match. The reserve team keeper, Kraft, has now travelled to Scotland as well and could be on the bench should Rensing fail to shake off his back problems.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:59 pm

FT Score: Aberdeen 2-2 Bayern

Scorers: Walker 24", Klose 29", Aluko 41", Altintop 54"

I didn't watch the first half. How was it? At first I tought it wasn't a penalty, just an accident but when I watched the replay it was clearly a deliberate handsball.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby fanOfBayern » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:56 am

I think there is something wrong with the team..Somebody is acting as a poison...Kahn? I don't know..This team lacks the spirit. Something needs to be done. I don't have high hopes for this season. Maybe, Jurgen can do something!

To sum up the things, draw with Aberdeen?????...give us a break..we are Bayern Munchen!!!
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby hkahn01 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:49 am

fanOfBayern wrote:I think there is something wrong with the team..Somebody is acting as a poison...Kahn? I don't know..This team lacks the spirit. Something needs to be done. I don't have high hopes for this season. Maybe, Jurgen can do something!

To sum up the things, draw with Aberdeen?????...give us a break..we are Bayern Munchen!!!

Kahn a poison?? Never. Anyway, Kahn against the Aberdeen did not play.
Let' s go my Bayern
hkahn01
Getting the hang of it

Postby tracylynn » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:01 am

I don't think Fan of Bayern was saying that Kahn was a poison. He was just asking if he could be a reason why the team no longer have the spirit. Plus, whose to say that Kahn is not part of the problem? As good as he is/was he should not be put on a pedestal for idol worship. Also, I think Fan used him as a suggestion because of the comment Kahn made earlier in the season that can be viewed as a jab on Ribery & Toni.

IMO, when one expects an easy win then you can guarantee that the result will not be that way. Though I had hoped for a better outcome, but in some ways I am not surprised by the outcome. They obvioulsy have issues. Hitzfeld is screwing up in his play calling, the players don't seem too connected or have a spirit anymore. I think the code that Hitzfeld created is a little too late. I don't think Bayern will win the UEFA Cup with this attitude and lack of desire from the team.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby walter » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:37 am

I'm not happy either, maybe my expectations were too high when we signed Klose, Toni, Ribery, Jansen, and now I'm loosing faith on what this team can really accomplish, at least under Hitzfeld. If we are gonna play like this in CL next season there is absolutely no chance of making it far. In CL you need to play great football consistently and this team has not shown that.
Again, and I mentioned this before, I think Hitzfled is one of the main reasons why this team is not performing as well as they should. It's like we go into each again with the same formation/tactics and not really trying anything new. I think teams should adjust to their opponents in terms of lineups, formation and tactics, in order to exploit weaknesses, and I've simply not seen that with this Bayern. You see teams like Schalke and Leverkusen change their formations a lot depending on the game, their formations have ranged from 4-3-3, 4-4-2 to 4-5-1. Bayern seems overly predictable and its like Hitzfeld is unwilling to take any risks in terms of formation/tactics/lineup.
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Next

Return to UEFA Europa League