You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-02-14] Aberdeen FC vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Europa League (UEFA Cup) matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:26 pm

Aberdeen FC win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich win
100%

Total votes : 2

Postby Barbarossa » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:03 pm

Of course, it's Hitzfeld, that the team is not performing as well as they should. He does not want to take any risks since he is going to leave and it is Bundesliga, he wants to win. And you can see that he does not care much about the future. It is not fair really, but he is giving to understand that he is not going to change anything there in terms of either tactics or players.

As a clever man, he can also feel, that it is realistic enough, to win UEFA Cup as well, even through that way and quality of playing. You can see, that there is no team in the tournament, Bayern could not beat in two leg battle. To me, the German teams, Werder and Hamburg, seem to be most dangerous to Bayern.
God rules.
Barbarossa
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBinNYC » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:00 pm

I didn't get to see the game, just highlights, so I can't really comment on how the team played. Klose's goal was sick though, good to see that.
While the team is definitely predictable at times, you've got to remember that Hitzfeld is (relatively) old-school and with his credentials I'm sure he sees no reason to change his tactics. This is further backed up by the fact that Bayern are still very much in with a great chance for every trophy this year. OK, they need to make more of their chances. What team doesn't?
The other thing is that we didn't lose, we drew 2-2 AWAY. That's a good result for any team. Everyone thinks Bayern should be blowing these teams away, but that's just on paper. The reality is that every away game in the UEFA Cup this year has been the home team's biggest game of the season, and they've played like it. Aberdeen had given up 9 goals and scored 2 in their last 2 home games before Bayern, so do you think they were trying a little harder or do you think they went for it with all they've got and more? Not to mention that they have nothing to play for in their domestic league other than maybe another shot at the UEFA Cup next year. I don't need to tell you all what Bayern is playing for in the Bundesliga. When you think about all these factors, 2-2 away is a fine result that sets us up nicely for the return leg, with or without Ribery. Don't worry about it. Claiming Bayern's scalp would most likely be the only notable success Aberdeen would see this season, and they're going to have to play even better at Allianz if they want to do that. I'd say it's fairly unlikely since we all know Bayern can ball, especially with the Sudkurve roaring them on. I know I'm rambling now but one more thing: does anyone appreciate the fact that we came from behind twice in this game, or is that not enough spirit?
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Schweini_rules » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:50 pm

fanOfBayern wrote:I think there is something wrong with the team..Somebody is acting as a poison...Kahn? I don't know..This team lacks the spirit. Something needs to be done. I don't have high hopes for this season. Maybe, Jurgen can do something!

To sum up the things, draw with Aberdeen?????...give us a break..we are Bayern Munchen!!!

Indeed we are Bayern Munich and we drew with a club that Celtic hammered 5-0 something ROFL
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:59 pm

The whole problem with the team does not entirely lie with Hitzfeld, though he does deserve some blame. As someone has mentioned before, the turning point really does seem to be when Uli criticized Hitzfeld for his substitutions in the Bolton game. That moment was when things did appear to take a turn.

As they saying goes...anything can happened on any game. A team may look good on paper, which Bayern does, but that is no gaurantee that the team will perform to such high expectations. This team from the start has had such high expectations on them that it might be simply too much to ask. Heck, look at the Super Bowl. The NE Patriots were supposed to manhandled the Giants because on paper they looked good and they were undefeated but that didn't happen. Simply put...anything can happen.

As FCBinNY said....Hitzfeld is old school. That is just his style. Yes, Bayern are going to go new school with Klinsmann but that is no guarantee that they'll win next year.

Plus, this team has a huge dependecy on Ribery and that is sickening. He was out of this game and so were a few other players. When your best player is out and a few other players are out that can make a difference on how the team plays.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby elcalifornio » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:53 am

There are no leaders or real playmakers on this team as Beckenbauer said: There is nobody with the class and initiative of a Diego. Bayern are playing over the wing to hide the fact that there is no offensive engine running this team. Something should be done and starting Kroos is instead of Schweini is a must at this point. This team is too easy to stop. If you play decent defense you can draw against Bayern.
elcalifornio
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Anderlecht vs Bayern Munich (UEFA CUP) 6 March 08 Match Vide

Postby ReMad » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:14 am

Image-Image

Anderlecht vs Bayern Munich

Uefa Cup | Round of 16 | 1st Leg |

6 March 2008 , 18 GMT

Videos of Match

Goals

(0-1) Altintop 9’
Click Here For Video

(0-2) Toni 45’
Click Here For Video

(0-3) Podolski 57’
Click Here For Video

(0-4) Klose 67’
Click Here For Video

(0-5) Ribéry (Great Freekick) 86’
Click Here For Video

Extras

Chatelle hits the post 21'
Click Here For Video

Dangerous Chance for Anderlecht 49'
Click Here For Video
ReMad
Getting the hang of it

Postby MUTU » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:29 am

Thanks for these, but wrong thread ;)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby fanOfBayern » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:25 pm

ReMad is still drooling over the Aberdeen game...

I don't fault him because, its a 5-0 game against Anderlecht too..and the names look similar..hehe...:D
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MunchenFC » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:36 pm

Yah i was right they won big-time. Yep, i said 3-0 but i was wrong i should of expected them to score more, there the best.
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Previous

Return to UEFA Europa League