You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2016/17 Europa League discussion thread

Discussions on the UEFA Europa League (UEFA Cup) matches.

Re: 2016/17 Europa League discussion thread

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:01 am

Lukas wrote:As with most things (F1, places on the beach, beer, cars etc) the English are obsessed with competing with the Germans over "who has the best league". When the Spanish on rare occasions lose, or the Italians or the French no one cares, but when it's the Germans they all start screaming "BL is shit yada yada yada".

Sorry I don't think that you can answer how I told you right cause otherwise you will be locked in a tower

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:43 am

There's no easy way of answering. I can say that we lost to RM unfairly and City have already been beaten by Monaco under "the greatest coach of all time". It's the Schalke one that bothers me. Dutch national and club teams have been consistently shit for years and there's no excuse for losing to them. I can just say it's only Schalke and they consistently pull off shit like that and I don't care much for them anyway
Lukas
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:08 am

Lukas wrote:As with most things (F1, places on the beach, beer, cars etc) the English are obsessed with competing with the Germans over "who has the best league". When the Spanish on rare occasions lose, or the Italians or the French no one cares, but when it's the Germans they all start screaming "BL is shit yada yada yada".

England and Germany have places on the beach?

Probably the most patriotic post I've made here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:05 pm

Yeah - and we also have "places"

Lukas wrote:There's no easy way of answering. I can say that we lost to RM unfairly and City have already been beaten by Monaco under "the greatest coach of all time". It's the Schalke one that bothers me. Dutch national and club teams have been consistently shit for years and there's no excuse for losing to them. I can just say it's only Schalke and they consistently pull off shit like that and I don't care much for them anyway

Well, at least the dutch have seen a WC semifinal at times

Also, there's one word that will kill every discussion:

ICELAND!
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby pyrasur » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:23 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

England and Germany have places on the beach?

Probably the most patriotic post I've made here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assumed he was talking about German and English tourists (in places with beaches) competing for spots to put down their towel.

Unless you were joking and I missed it , in which case then carry on
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Lukas » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:25 pm

I turned it around and asked first who the PL teams got in the CL semi final. Of course a United fan in the office piped up (from Manchester btw, a United fan born in Leeds is unlikely). I then made some comment about the EL being for second rate clubs, and I'm pleased Schalke lost because I don't like them.
Lukas
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby America USA » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:58 pm

Hopefully Ajax win this thing, though being drawn against possibly the strongest team left and having to play the second leg away could prove to be very difficult for them. It would be nice to see a Dutch team win again in Europe. This young Ajax team is very exciting and hopefully they'll bring some much needed joy to Dutch football. :D
America USA
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Roonzil » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:07 pm

#12 wrote:Yeah - and we also have "places"

Lukas wrote:There's no easy way of answering. I can say that we lost to RM unfairly and City have already been beaten by Monaco under "the greatest coach of all time". It's the Schalke one that bothers me. Dutch national and club teams have been consistently shit for years and there's no excuse for losing to them. I can just say it's only Schalke and they consistently pull off shit like that and I don't care much for them anyway

Well, at least the dutch have seen a WC semifinal at times

Also, there's one word that will kill every discussion:

ICELAND!

Oi, don't forget our final in 2010!
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:15 pm

America USA wrote:Hopefully Ajax win this thing, though being drawn against possibly the strongest team left and having to play the second leg away could prove to be very difficult for them. It would be nice to see a Dutch team win again in Europe. This young Ajax team is very exciting and hopefully they'll bring some much needed joy to Dutch football. :D

Every other team bar ManURE
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:19 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
America USA wrote:Hopefully Ajax win this thing, though being drawn against possibly the strongest team left and having to play the second leg away could prove to be very difficult for them. It would be nice to see a Dutch team win again in Europe. This young Ajax team is very exciting and hopefully they'll bring some much needed joy to Dutch football. :D

Ideally I would have liked the Belgian clubs to eliminate both United and Celta. I despise Man United and I'm personally sick of the Spanish teams dominating European football. Hopefully the winner of Ajax-Lyon wins the EL. Preferably Ajax!
America USA
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:25 pm

America USA wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

Ideally I would have liked the Belgian clubs to eliminate both United and Celta. I despise Man United and I'm personally sick of the Spanish teams dominating European football. Hopefully the winner of Ajax-Lyon wins the EL. Preferably Ajax!

I agree, but in the other thread re the champs league you mentioned juve and again the spanish thing. Atletico deserve to win it after two heartbreaking defeats against their bitter rivals (the 2014 being the worst one) Plus they are nothing like Real or Barca... I really admire them, as they have to squeeze in between those two bullies, and in doing so managed to win as well...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:38 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I agree, but in the other thread re the champs league you mentioned juve and again the spanish thing. Atletico deserve to win it after two heartbreaking defeats against their bitter rivals (the 2014 being the worst one) Plus they are nothing like Real or Barca... I really admire them, as they have to squeeze in between those two bullies, and in doing so managed to win as well...

UEFA tends to favor all Spanish teams. I remember when we played ATM in the semi finals last year there were a few close calls that went against us. Especially when the referee tried to kill Bayern by awarding that pathetic Torres penalty. Thankfully Neuer was up to the task.

This year too ATM were awarded a penalty against Leicester City when the foul was committed outside the box. I know that Juve are no saints but the UEFA has been favoring the Spanish teams for about a decade now. I desperately want this Spanish domination to end! Also I have the utmost respect for Gigi and he seriously deserves the one trophy that he has not won. He's an absolute gentleman and a role model for young players, a legend like him deserves to bow out on a high. Since we are out and two legends like Xabi & Lahm cannot bow out on a high, I would love Buffon to do it now.
America USA
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
United States of America

Previous

Return to UEFA Europa League