You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2015/16 Europa League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Europa League (UEFA Cup) matches.
 

Re: 2015/16 Europa League Discussion Thread

Postby MUTU » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:28 pm

Burko wrote:I am looking forward to YWNA from BVB and Lpool fans sing together. :)

One will sing "you'll never valk alone" though :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 30544
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5302 times
Been thanked: 7929 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2015/16 Europa League Discussion Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:43 pm

Liverpool are the second best team and I think the only ones who can realistically stop Dortmund from winning it barring any lucky scenarios, but I think Dortmund are at least two levels above them. Liverpool are a EL-level team and one that should be regular favourites for it, but Dortmund are a CL level team.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 30529
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8524 times
Been thanked: 7150 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2015/16 Europa League Discussion Thread

Postby vigneshFCB » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:22 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Liverpool are the second best team and I think the only ones who can realistically stop Dortmund from winning it barring any lucky scenarios, but I think Dortmund are at least two levels above them. Liverpool are a EL-level team and one that should be regular favourites for it, but Dortmund are a CL level team.

YOU MUST BE JOKING!
Sevilla, Villarreal and Bilbao are comfortably better than Liverpool. Dortmund may well struggle against Liverpool but Liverpool are echelons below Sevilla. Expecting Dortmund to pose a huge test for Sevilla. Dortmund and Villarreal are the only teams who can stop Sevilla in this tournament.
vigneshFCB
Woah, this feels cool!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:17 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 7 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2015/16 Europa League Discussion Thread

Postby MUTU » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:23 pm

vigneshFCB wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Liverpool are the second best team and I think the only ones who can realistically stop Dortmund from winning it barring any lucky scenarios, but I think Dortmund are at least two levels above them. Liverpool are a EL-level team and one that should be regular favourites for it, but Dortmund are a CL level team.

YOU MUST BE JOKING!
Sevilla, Villarreal and Bilbao are comfortably better than Liverpool. Dortmund may well struggle against Liverpool but Liverpool are echelons below Sevilla. Expecting Dortmund to pose a huge test for Sevilla. Dortmund and Villarreal are the only teams who can stop Sevilla in this tournament.

Before the draw, the bookmaker odds placed Liverpool very comfortably second favourite.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 30544
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5302 times
Been thanked: 7929 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2015/16 Europa League Discussion Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:31 pm

And as MUTU said, they're playing much better in the EL than the league.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 30529
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8524 times
Been thanked: 7150 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2015/16 Europa League Discussion Thread

Postby vigneshFCB » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:32 pm

MUTU wrote:
vigneshFCB wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Liverpool are the second best team and I think the only ones who can realistically stop Dortmund from winning it barring any lucky scenarios, but I think Dortmund are at least two levels above them. Liverpool are a EL-level team and one that should be regular favourites for it, but Dortmund are a CL level team.

YOU MUST BE JOKING!
Sevilla, Villarreal and Bilbao are comfortably better than Liverpool. Dortmund may well struggle against Liverpool but Liverpool are echelons below Sevilla. Expecting Dortmund to pose a huge test for Sevilla. Dortmund and Villarreal are the only teams who can stop Sevilla in this tournament.

Before the draw, the bookmaker odds placed Liverpool very comfortably second favourite.

Not true, Sevilla have always been 2nd favourites according to the bookies. In any case, Sevilla are close to unstoppable in the Europa League. I make Sevilla my favourites to win the competition - they dominate teams.
vigneshFCB
Woah, this feels cool!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:17 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 7 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2015/16 Europa League Discussion Thread

Postby Borusse » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:50 pm

Great draw, I really wouldn't like to play against Sparta Praga or that kind of team, I want to face the best teams in the tournament. Klopp's return will be fantastic and there is a decent chance I will watch this game live at the stadium. This is a game I wouldn't want to miss.

Europa League is ours this season!
User avatar
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3946
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:07 am
National Flag:
Poland
Has thanked: 209 times
Been thanked: 1083 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2015/16 Europa League Discussion Thread

Postby JANCKER » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:38 pm



:P
.........................................Image.........................................
User avatar
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17385
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 9074 times
Been thanked: 8358 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2015/16 Europa League Discussion Thread

Postby German-American » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:00 am

I hope Dortmund wins it, they deserve a European title IMO. If they win does the BuLi get more Europa spots?
Bayern for life, I just want to see at least one game...thats all I ask
Image
User avatar
German-American
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1849
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:49 pm
Location: Grew up in Hillsborough,NJ....Lives in Haymarket, Va....attends WVU
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2277 times
Been thanked: 858 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: 2015/16 Europa League Discussion Thread

Postby Rauntšik » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:40 am

German-American wrote:I hope Dortmund wins it, they deserve a European title IMO. If they win does the BuLi get more Europa spots?


I think so yeah, this year we had 5 spanish teams in the UCL and 2 in the EL. Maybe the 7th spot was due to Barca winning the UCL, not sure about the rules.
"Normally Monsieur Candie, I would say "auf wiedersehen". But since what "auf wiedersehen" actually means is, till I see you again, and since I never wish to see you again to you sir, I say, goodbye."
User avatar
Rauntšik
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1250
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 1:29 pm
National Flag:
Estonia
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 363 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2015/16 Europa League Discussion Thread

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:45 am

No, I don't think BuLi gets another spot. AFAIK, Dortmund would have to finish outside Europe (or CL, I'm not sure) spots for BuLi to be granted the extra spot.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5360
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 2277 times
Been thanked: 2190 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2015/16 Europa League Discussion Thread

Postby RAJBAYERN » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:01 am

I think Dortmund has to finish out of the champions league positions, at least in fifth place in bundesliga, something that is impossible.

Our opportunity to get an extra team in champions league end with the elimination of Leverkusen.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!


DANKE JUPP!
User avatar
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1486
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:25 pm
Location: Panamá
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 478 times
Been thanked: 500 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2015/16 Europa League Discussion Thread

Postby MoFattal » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:34 am

That's right. If Dortmund finishes outside the top 4 and wins the Europa League, then an extra slot for the BL will be granted. But that's not going to happen as BVB are secured to finish at least second, so only 4 BL teams will be in the CL next term.
User avatar
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 10940
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:48 am
National Flag:
Lebanon
Has thanked: 2372 times
Been thanked: 2263 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2015/16 Europa League Discussion Thread

Postby MUTU » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:59 pm

MoFattal wrote:That's right. If Dortmund finishes outside the top 4 and wins the Europa League, then an extra slot for the BL will be granted. But that's not going to happen as BVB are secured to finish at least second, so only 4 BL teams will be in the CL next term.

And if the EL winner finished 5th in the league and qualifies for the CL, who loses a place in the CL? I mean if you add one team surely you need to remove another.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 30544
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5302 times
Been thanked: 7929 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2015/16 Europa League Discussion Thread

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:31 pm

MUTU wrote:
MoFattal wrote:That's right. If Dortmund finishes outside the top 4 and wins the Europa League, then an extra slot for the BL will be granted. But that's not going to happen as BVB are secured to finish at least second, so only 4 BL teams will be in the CL next term.

And if the EL winner finished 5th in the league and qualifies for the CL, who loses a place in the CL? I mean if you add one team surely you need to remove another.

No one loses their spot. That's why Spain had 5 CL participants this year.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5360
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 2277 times
Been thanked: 2190 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Europa League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest