You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2015/16 Europa League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Europa League (UEFA Cup) matches.

Re: 2015/16 Europa League Discussion Thread

Postby MUTU » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:28 pm

Burko wrote:I am looking forward to YWNA from BVB and Lpool fans sing together. :)

One will sing "you'll never valk alone" though :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:43 pm

Liverpool are the second best team and I think the only ones who can realistically stop Dortmund from winning it barring any lucky scenarios, but I think Dortmund are at least two levels above them. Liverpool are a EL-level team and one that should be regular favourites for it, but Dortmund are a CL level team.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby vigneshFCB » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:22 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Liverpool are the second best team and I think the only ones who can realistically stop Dortmund from winning it barring any lucky scenarios, but I think Dortmund are at least two levels above them. Liverpool are a EL-level team and one that should be regular favourites for it, but Dortmund are a CL level team.

YOU MUST BE JOKING!
Sevilla, Villarreal and Bilbao are comfortably better than Liverpool. Dortmund may well struggle against Liverpool but Liverpool are echelons below Sevilla. Expecting Dortmund to pose a huge test for Sevilla. Dortmund and Villarreal are the only teams who can stop Sevilla in this tournament.
vigneshFCB
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:23 pm

vigneshFCB wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Liverpool are the second best team and I think the only ones who can realistically stop Dortmund from winning it barring any lucky scenarios, but I think Dortmund are at least two levels above them. Liverpool are a EL-level team and one that should be regular favourites for it, but Dortmund are a CL level team.

YOU MUST BE JOKING!
Sevilla, Villarreal and Bilbao are comfortably better than Liverpool. Dortmund may well struggle against Liverpool but Liverpool are echelons below Sevilla. Expecting Dortmund to pose a huge test for Sevilla. Dortmund and Villarreal are the only teams who can stop Sevilla in this tournament.

Before the draw, the bookmaker odds placed Liverpool very comfortably second favourite.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:31 pm

And as MUTU said, they're playing much better in the EL than the league.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby vigneshFCB » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:32 pm

MUTU wrote:
vigneshFCB wrote:

YOU MUST BE JOKING!

Before the draw, the bookmaker odds placed Liverpool very comfortably second favourite.

Not true, Sevilla have always been 2nd favourites according to the bookies. In any case, Sevilla are close to unstoppable in the Europa League. I make Sevilla my favourites to win the competition - they dominate teams.
vigneshFCB
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby Borusse » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:50 pm

Great draw, I really wouldn't like to play against Sparta Praga or that kind of team, I want to face the best teams in the tournament. Klopp's return will be fantastic and there is a decent chance I will watch this game live at the stadium. This is a game I wouldn't want to miss.

Europa League is ours this season!
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby JANCKER » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:38 pm

:P
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby German-American » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:00 am

I hope Dortmund wins it, they deserve a European title IMO. If they win does the BuLi get more Europa spots?
Bayern for life, I just want to see at least one game...thats all I ask
German-American
I post all the time

Location: Grew up in Hillsborough,NJ....Lives in Haymarket, Va....attends WVU
National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Rauntšik » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:40 am

German-American wrote:I hope Dortmund wins it, they deserve a European title IMO. If they win does the BuLi get more Europa spots?

I think so yeah, this year we had 5 spanish teams in the UCL and 2 in the EL. Maybe the 7th spot was due to Barca winning the UCL, not sure about the rules.
"Normally Monsieur Candie, I would say "auf wiedersehen". But since what "auf wiedersehen" actually means is, till I see you again, and since I never wish to see you again to you sir, I say, goodbye."
Rauntšik
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:45 am

No, I don't think BuLi gets another spot. AFAIK, Dortmund would have to finish outside Europe (or CL, I'm not sure) spots for BuLi to be granted the extra spot.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby RAJBAYERN » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:01 am

I think Dortmund has to finish out of the champions league positions, at least in fifth place in bundesliga, something that is impossible.

Our opportunity to get an extra team in champions league end with the elimination of Leverkusen.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby MoFattal » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:34 am

That's right. If Dortmund finishes outside the top 4 and wins the Europa League, then an extra slot for the BL will be granted. But that's not going to happen as BVB are secured to finish at least second, so only 4 BL teams will be in the CL next term.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MUTU » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:59 pm

MoFattal wrote:That's right. If Dortmund finishes outside the top 4 and wins the Europa League, then an extra slot for the BL will be granted. But that's not going to happen as BVB are secured to finish at least second, so only 4 BL teams will be in the CL next term.

And if the EL winner finished 5th in the league and qualifies for the CL, who loses a place in the CL? I mean if you add one team surely you need to remove another.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:31 pm

MUTU wrote:
MoFattal wrote:That's right. If Dortmund finishes outside the top 4 and wins the Europa League, then an extra slot for the BL will be granted. But that's not going to happen as BVB are secured to finish at least second, so only 4 BL teams will be in the CL next term.

And if the EL winner finished 5th in the league and qualifies for the CL, who loses a place in the CL? I mean if you add one team surely you need to remove another.

No one loses their spot. That's why Spain had 5 CL participants this year.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Europa League