You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-01-30] Wuppertaler SV Borussia v Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

What do you think the final result will be?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:23 pm

Wuppertaler SV Borussia win
33%
Bayern Munich win
67%

Total votes : 3

[2008-01-30] Wuppertaler SV Borussia v Bayern Munich

Postby FC Bajern » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:23 pm

Bayern have been drawn to face third division Wuppertaler SV in the DFB Cup Round of 16.

Wuppertal have already claimed two notable scalps in this term’s competition, defeating second division Erzgebirge Aue 4-3 on penalties in the first round, before knocking out the Bundesliga’s eighth-placed club Hertha BSC Berlin 2-0 in midweek.

Image v Image

The exact date and hour are not set yet.
FC Bajern

Postby tracylynn » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:12 pm

I believe the game is now on the 29th of this month.

Too bad this game will not be on TV here in the US. :( Last year, Setanta Sports were showing the games but this year they haven't. That blows!!
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:43 am

This game is on tonight at 7pm CET. I don't know if it will be on p2p TV, for those who cannot get the feed on satellite.

On paper, this should be an easy game for Bayern, but those Wuppertaler players are playing their game of the season, so we need to have full attention.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:30 pm

It seems this match won't be televised at all, which is a pity considering that it's Bayern's first competitive match of the year.

I've had withdrawal symptoms from not watching Bayern, and now I have to wait even longer :cry:
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Yanal » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:38 pm

ya i noticed no single freakin channel is gonna put that game
dortmund vs bremen took the whole attention..crap
if you wanna dance with the devil you better say never, coz a dance with the devil might last you forever.

innit the best sig on this forum?
hahahaha
Yanal
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Schweini_rules » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:35 pm

crap and i really wanted to watch bayern tonight !
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Miss Dangerous » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:25 pm

Does anyone know the result so far?
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby snottyp » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:59 pm

4-2 Bayern late in the second half
snottyp
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby snottyp » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:15 pm

Bayern win 5-2
snottyp
Getting the hang of it

Postby MUTU » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:00 am

I saw the highlights. Altintop's goal and Klose's first were really good!

FC Bayern: Kahn - Sagnol, Lucio, Van Buyten, Lahm - Sosa (72. Altintop), Van Bommel, Zé Roberto (77. Lell), Ribéry (72. Schweinsteiger) - Klose, Toni
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:12 am

Click here to check out the highlights, thanks to ARD :)

PS: You need RealPlayer installed to be able to watch the highlights. If you don't have it installed, click here to download it.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Schweini_rules » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:01 am

thanks a lot Mark, iv been looking all day for those.
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:08 pm

You're welcome :)

Hitzfeld: Great Game For The Fans

Bayern trainer Ottmar Hitzfeld admitted last night’s DFB Pokal clash with Wuppertal was a “great game for the fans”, but he personally was left a little disappointed despite a 5-2 win.

Bayern were made to work hard for their 5-2 win against Wuppertal with the scoreline not telling the whole story of the game. Bayern twice took the lead in the first half only for the ‘home’ side to hit back. Eventually, the Bavarian’s quality shone through as they hit three unanswered second half goals.

Ottmar Hitzfeld was dissatisfied with the first half showing from his side, bur much more satisfied with the second period.

"We've seen a cracking Cup tie tonight" Hitzfeld said. "Wuppertal made life extremely difficult for us; they went right to the limit, especially in the first half.

"They ran and ran; they tackled aggressively and played with a huge amount of heart. The fact they managed to equalise twice made the situation very difficult for us.

"We were careless and inattentive for their goals. Our tackling was nowhere near what I expect in the first half" he blasted.

"We applied a lot more pressure after the break and stopped our opponents coming back into the match. It was definitely a great game for the fans" he added.

Bayern manager Uli Hoeneß revealed after the match how some choice words at half time woke his side up.

"We couldn't believe our eyes when they made it 2-2. The coach said a few choice words in the dressing room and we pulled ourselves together. The players failed to take the coach's pre-match warning seriously enough" he said.

Wuppertal trainer Wolfgang Jerat was also left dissatisfied despite his team’s valiant effort.

"It was certainly spectacular stuff for the fans, but I'm basically not a happy man, because I wanted us to impose ourselves on the game much more.

"But perhaps we couldn't do that because Bayern were simply too strong. At the end of the day, it was the right result."
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Return to DFB-Pokal