You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-02-08] VfB Stuttgart vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:30 pm

VfB Stuttgart will go through to the semifinals
7%
Bayern Munich will go through to the semifinals
93%

Total votes : 15

Re: [2012-02-08] VfB Stuttgart vs Bayern Munich

Postby machkover » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:18 pm

dambun wrote:
quaazi wrote:Yeah. Don't get me wrong, his goal was another example of his unappreciated genius (look at how he carves out space for himself to take a shot not just once, but twice!), but it was the only thing he did all game.

yeah... of course....
problem is when he under-performs, because of the lack of technical abilities, he becomes completely useless... Whereas, if it was a striker who could combine well with others and participate in team-play, it would have been completely different...
Now if we take out the moment of 2nd goal.... we can't really see him helping the team for the rest of 89 minutes.... That' why I believe he should be given less playing-time for now, until he starts firing on all cylinders.... Until then, our team could use a ST who works better with the others.... one who also moves into spaces and creates space/opportunity for himself/others....

in short :EVICA OLIC
GET OFF BAYERN'S WAY TO THE GLORY
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby hgb09 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:28 pm

First it is Ivica Olic, and second it seems that he's leaving us and he's not on form right now. So how do u want him to replace the top scorer in the BL and CL?
hgb09
2014/15 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby AvatarX » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:52 pm

MUTU wrote:Of course, now that Schweinsteiger is out injured, it should be assumed that Kroos will take the CM role again. Perhaps (hopefully) it's the time he needs to "grow" into this role.

Well, this time Kroos will take a CM role but hopefully next to a true CDM (Gustavo or Tymo), so I bet he will be better as most of the time he will be playing a forward CM/ second CAM role next to other CAM, with Gustavo/Tymo covering his back. This would be very different of partnering another CM like Schweini or Alaba.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby lau03143 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:08 pm

MUTU wrote:I was busy and could only start watching EXACTLY as the second goal went in. Glad to hear the rest of the match wasn't as boring :oops:

Lol.

I'd rather have a situation like that where the game was all but won!

Ribery came close with his header though which was good.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby quaazi » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:30 pm

ronnie98 wrote:your logic seems way off

yes that's the point I'm trying to make when using Socratic irony thank you.

The fact of the matter is that with Robben in the starting line-up, our record in the Bundesliga has been 4-1-3, a mere 50% games won, while without him it's 9-1-2, 75% games won. I am pretty hard headed, yes, when it comes to factual information, and that's pretty damn condemning evidence that the team plays better with Müller in the line-up rather than Robben.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby tflags » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:55 pm

Yes but the question still remains if this was caused entirely by Mueller supplanting Rooben or Kroos replacing Mueller... Either way, now the focus is on Robben whereas last week all we talked about was Mueller. Everyone seems happy with Kroos going back to CDM and yet I feel this is the biggest mistake we keep making.

Now I understand we can't play Tymo AND Gustavo at the same time, so how about Alaba plus Tymo OR Gustavo (who is better at defending) for a change?

Fact is, I DON'T care about who ends up on the wing; distribution from our CAM is my main concern and that IMO is what changed the game.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Previous

Return to DFB-Pokal