You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-02-08] VfB Stuttgart vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:30 pm

VfB Stuttgart will go through to the semifinals
7%
Bayern Munich will go through to the semifinals
93%

Total votes : 15

Re: [2012-02-08] VfB Stuttgart vs Bayern Munich

Postby dambun » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:39 am

Anyone else agreeing with me that Gomez in under-performing in the last 4 games?
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby quaazi » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:48 am

Yeah. Don't get me wrong, his goal was another example of his unappreciated genius (look at how he carves out space for himself to take a shot not just once, but twice!), but it was the only thing he did all game.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby dambun » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:56 am

quaazi wrote:Yeah. Don't get me wrong, his goal was another example of his unappreciated genius (look at how he carves out space for himself to take a shot not just once, but twice!), but it was the only thing he did all game.

yeah... of course....
problem is when he under-performs, because of the lack of technical abilities, he becomes completely useless... Whereas, if it was a striker who could combine well with others and participate in team-play, it would have been completely different...
Now if we take out the moment of 2nd goal.... we can't really see him helping the team for the rest of 89 minutes.... That' why I believe he should be given less playing-time for now, until he starts firing on all cylinders.... Until then, our team could use a ST who works better with the others.... one who also moves into spaces and creates space/opportunity for himself/others....
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby hgb09 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:08 am

Why not try Robben as a striker? Our four attackers would make great combinations together and keep rotating and it will be hard for defenses to stop them even if they park the bus.
hgb09
2014/15 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby quaazi » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:17 am

What would Olic think if he doesn't get game time even when Gomez is rested? Naah, Robben's not going to play striker any time soon.
The ideal team

quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby lau03143 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:19 am

YlonenXabi wrote:
lau03143 wrote:We look a better team without Robben.

I don't think it is because of Robben missing. I think it is because Kroos playing CAM

Because since Robben came back from his last serious injury, Kroos has been playing most of the games as CM.

ronnie98 wrote:
lau03143 wrote:A game well played by Bayern.

We look a better team without Robben.

Oh, and WTF was Ribery's reaction all about?

Its wise to say we looked better by playing kroos up front behind gomez. Do you think a trio of ribery-kroos-muller is better than ribery-kroos-robben??! i never would think so. The 12 winning streak was when kroos was playing up front and back then most most ppl were blaming muller's poor form because the right wing is not his "natural position". How come muller improved very slightly now? then is the difference in kroos or not???

Yes, Kroos is the difference here.

Though I thought Müller had an excellent game on the right.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:48 pm

Missed this game but saw commentary for the first half and it sounded like we were much much better than them.

Of all players it had to be Schweini :(
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:40 pm

IMO one of the factors that Bayern played well is that Stuttgart didn't play defensive minded and pushed players forward leaving the back exposed. I think that we will still struggle and under perform against other teams , next one being Kaiserslautern. A different strategy is needed. I hope I am wrong though.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby lau03143 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:43 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Missed this game but saw commentary for the first half and it sounded like we were much much better than them.

It was a pretty dominating performance. Once the second goal went in, it was game over tbh. They posed no threat and the second half was fairly uneventful after that.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:52 pm

0-1

0-2

Schweinsteiger's injury
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:03 pm

lau03143 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Missed this game but saw commentary for the first half and it sounded like we were much much better than them.

It was a pretty dominating performance. Once the second goal went in, it was game over tbh. They posed no threat and the second half was fairly uneventful after that.

I was busy and could only start watching EXACTLY as the second goal went in. Glad to hear the rest of the match wasn't as boring :oops:
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ronnie98 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:23 pm

quaazi wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:
I don't think it is because of Robben missing. I think it is because Kroos playing CAM

Because since Robben came back from his last serious injury, Kroos has been playing most of the games as CM.

I DO think it's because of Robben missing because Müller finally had a great game.

and why didn't muller have a great game in almost all the games in the first half of the season???? how hard headed are most bayern fans, wow
ronnie98
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:51 pm

And why did Kroos have a good first half? Stop making silly comparisons.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:58 pm

Kroos has been playing well most of the season so far.

Robben and Mueller haven't been playing well most of the season, but Mueller has recently shown signs of his form getting better match by match. I don't think it really matters much for Mueller if he plays as CAM or RM, however Kroos has had better performances as CAM than as CM. It could be a matter of time until he "grows" into this role, but until (and if) that happens, Heynckes will have a headache trying to see whether to have an underperforming Kroos or having to choose between Robben and Mueller for the RM role.

Of course, now that Schweinsteiger is out injured, it should be assumed that Kroos will take the CM role again. Perhaps (hopefully) it's the time he needs to "grow" into this role.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ronnie98 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:34 pm

quaazi wrote:And why did Kroos have a good first half? Stop making silly comparisons.

silly comparisons? your logic seems way off. how can you compare muller to robben?? while robben was out for 3 months and playing with an injury?! now that muller had one decent(not great) game after 4-5 months of play everybody starts praising muller and want to rotate robben/muller or others bench robben forever. We can talk as much as we want and basler can predict but one thing i am sure of is that heynckes benched robben for not injuring himself in a QF cup game ONLY. Robben will never get benched in crucial matches even if muller scores a hat trick
ronnie98
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to DFB-Pokal