You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-01-27] VfB Stuttgart vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:24 am

VfB Stuttgart will go through to the next round
No votes
Bayern Munich will go through to the next round
100%

Total votes : 12

[2008-01-27] VfB Stuttgart vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:24 am

Bayern Munich will continue the defence of their DFB-Pokal at Bundesliga rivals Stuttgart following the draw for the last-16 on Sunday night.

Bayern last met Stuttgart in the DFB-Pokal in 2005, when a 3-0 win at the same stage of the competition helped the side then coached by Felix Magath on their way to winning the trophy.

This time, they do not have home advantage, but the aim is the same.

"We can still reach all of our goals: In the DFB-Pokal we are in the next round, we are top of our group in the Champions League and, thank god, there are still plenty of games to play in the Bundesliga to put things right step by step," said coach Jurgen Klinsmann after a 3-3 draw with Bochum on Saturday.

The games will be played on January 27 and 28, just days before the Bundesliga restarts after the winter break.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2008-01-27/28] VfB Stuttgart vs Bayern Munich

Postby Raphael Sanzio » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:31 am

The game is after almost 4 months. This gives Klinsi enough time to correct things (assuming things are going wrong!) All the trust I put in Klinsmann and his revolution, this match is either gonna make it or break it! [-o< [-o< [-o<
Raphael Sanzio
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:02 pm

Raphael Sanzio wrote:This gives Klinsi enough time to correct things

I hope it gives Uli Hoeness enough time to correct HIS things first.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby reiniksrobis » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:42 pm

It will be hard, if nothing changes...

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MunchenFC » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:19 pm

lets go bayern!!
it would great for there confidence
to put away stuttgart at least 2-0
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Postby thulkazal » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:22 pm

my ass to vote after start of BL I can't say nothing #-o
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Re: [2008-01-27] VfB Stuttgart vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:33 pm

The match will be played on 27th January. I think we have a good chance. Donovan to score? :lol:
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:05 pm

Anyone else apart from me having "withdrawal symptoms" from not being able to watch Bayern? :lol:
Looking forward to this one!
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBinNYC » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:23 pm

I am really looking forward to this, finally the season is almost underway again! If we keep playing like we have been in the friendlies, we're good. Strange how this is the same place we left off the first half of the season. Let's hope there aren't any last minute equalizers for Stuttgart this time!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:45 pm

Finally its getting started again.The DFL really gotta think of something and remove or shorten this break.Its not like German clubs get an advantage in European competitions from having a longer rest period , as we've seen in recent years.

Stuttgart is always a tough place to go to , the Cup is probably their only chance to get into a European competition next year so they're gonna give it all.I just hope it doesnt go to penalties , cause in that case Stuttgart would have a big advantage with an experienced GK that is used to high-pressure situations like that.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby Tomas » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:59 pm

MrLinky wrote:Finally its getting started again.The DFL really gotta think of something and remove or shorten this break.Its not like German clubs get an advantage in European competitions from having a longer rest period , as we've seen in recent years.

Stuttgart is always a tough place to go to , the Cup is probably their only chance to get into a European competition next year so they're gonna give it all.I just hope it doesnt go to penalties , cause in that case Stuttgart would have a big advantage with an experienced GK that is used to high-pressure situations like that.

Bundesliga winter break shortened as of this coming season!

http://www.setanta.com/uk/Articles/Foot ... nid-30120/
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:58 pm

Good decision.There never was a point in a long break like this.It just means less time for the NT to prepare for big tournaments.I dont really understand Hoeness either when he says that the long break is useful and an advantage for the German league towards other top European leagues.You just have to look at the results in CL/UEFA-Cup in recent years and you know that argument is nonsense.Its the tactical skills and the individual abilities of the players that have decided the big European competitions and not the fitness/freshness.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby reiniksrobis » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:35 pm

If we win- good. If we lose- not a tragedy. We should play young talents here or Donovan. I would prefer this XI- Rensing-Lell, Breno, Demichelis, Lahm- Altintop, Ottl, Ze, Kroos- Podolski, Toni[and Donovan as a sub] ;)

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:12 pm

MrLinky wrote:Good decision.There never was a point in a long break like this.It just means less time for the NT to prepare for big tournaments.I dont really understand Hoeness either when he says that the long break is useful and an advantage for the German league towards other top European leagues.You just have to look at the results in CL/UEFA-Cup in recent years and you know that argument is nonsense.Its the tactical skills and the individual abilities of the players that have decided the big European competitions and not the fitness/freshness.

Last season the major reason why Zenit won the UEFA Cup was, in my opinion, their fitness.
In the season where we were so bad that we finished 4th in the Bundesliga, we eliminated Real Madrid, mostly due to better fitness.
And we also drew 2-2 away at Milan...

I think it does help. I see the physical advantage, though the break may also disrupt the rhythm, harmony and teamwork.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MrLinky » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:12 am

Zenit totally outplayed us tactically in the second leg and it just wasnt our day (Ribery's worst game in a Bayern jersey for example IMO) , that had nothing to do with fitness even though the board used that as an excuse.What were they supposed to say "Zenit clearly outplayed us tactically and crushed us"? That would have been like a slap on the face of Hitzfeld and the players that were on the pitch.
Real were just in a bad period of time during those years we managed to beat them.Roma also got to beat them a year after , did that have anything to do with the longer rest time in Italy ?
And as for the Milan match , I gotta say I'm surprised you even mention that game as an argument ... you remember what happened in the second leg ? Where was the physical advantage in the second game , just gone like that ? That second game was a lesson for our team in tactics , and just showed that you can run as much as you want and not get tired , when you're not on the tactical level of your opponent.
Obviously the fitness is a vital factor in a successful season as well.But I just dont see it as important as I see other factors I mentioned earlier.Certainly not as important that you would have to set the break that long for that "advantage".

Klinsmann had the best fitness/endurance coaches together for the World Cup in 2006.But still the German national team lost to Italy and their tactical master Lippi.When everybody thought the game was over and it was gonna go to pentalties , Lippi brought in Iaquinta for Camoranesi and Del Piero for Perotta and continued making pressure to the German defense until they just lost concetration for a moment.

Lets take the main European competition - the CL - for example.The last time a German team was in the final was 7 years ago , the last time a German team won it was 8 years ago.The last time a German team even made it to the semi's was Leverkusen in 2002.Why is that so if the physical advantage is as big as you claim it is ?

http://www.sportingchronicle.com/2008/03/uefa-champions-league-final-past.html

The results are even worse in the UEFA-Cup.The last time a German team won it was Schalke in 1997 , and the last time a German team was in the final was Dortmund in 2002.Or do only the Russian clubs have the "right" to take advantage of that longer rest time because of some weird UEFA-rule ? :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Cup_Finals

Sorry for the long off-topic , tomorow's Cup-match against Stuttgart is what should be discussed in this thread in case somebody is wondering ... :P
MrLinky
I post all the time

Next

Return to DFB-Pokal