You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-01-27] VfB Stuttgart vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:24 am

VfB Stuttgart will go through to the next round
No votes
Bayern Munich will go through to the next round
100%

Total votes : 12

Re: [2008-01-27] VfB Stuttgart vs Bayern Munich

Postby shwas55 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:07 am

reiniksrobis wrote:If we win- good. If we lose- not a tragedy. We should play young talents here or Donovan. I would prefer this XI- Rensing-Lell, Breno, Demichelis, Lahm- Altintop, Ottl, Ze, Kroos- Podolski, Toni[and Donovan as a sub] ;)

I dont think Poldi gonna be seeing any match time while Donovan is here (unless Toni or Klose get injured), i think he knows it too, the relationship between him and Klinsi totally broke down beyond repair.
We will start the match with the normal formation and the regular 11, and then Klinsi will go from there. Expect to see Donovan play at least 15-20 mins.
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:42 am

MrLinky wrote:Zenit totally outplayed us tactically in the second leg and it just wasnt our day (Ribery's worst game in a Bayern jersey for example IMO) , that had nothing to do with fitness even though the board used that as an excuse.What were they supposed to say "Zenit clearly outplayed us tactically and crushed us"? That would have been like a slap on the face of Hitzfeld and the players that were on the pitch.

I disagree. I remember that 2nd leg where our players were constantly under pressure. One of our player gets to the ball, and he's immediately swamped by the Zenit players. At the start of the match I was thinking... they can't keep this up for the full 90 minutes, we're going to be all over them at the end when they would have completely run out of steam. Yet they kept going. I was left open mouthed by their display of fitness. Outplayed us tactically? We hardly had a sniff of the ball, and it wasn't because of their tactics, it was because of their constant pressing and running all over the pitch. They made the tactics possible by a show of fitness.

MrLinky wrote:Real were just in a bad period of time during those years we managed to beat them.Roma also got to beat them a year after , did that have anything to do with the longer rest time in Italy ?

Real were in a bad period, but we were in the worst period in several years. I've forgotten the last time Bayern were 4th in the Bundesliga!

MrLinky wrote:And as for the Milan match , I gotta say I'm surprised you even mention that game as an argument ... you remember what happened in the second leg ? Where was the physical advantage in the second game , just gone like that ? That second game was a lesson for our team in tactics , and just showed that you can run as much as you want and not get tired , when you're not on the tactical level of your opponent.

Again, with our worst squad in years, we completely dominated Milan for the last 15 minutes of the 1st leg, in San Siro. And the reason was that the match was played at high tempo and Milan just ran out of steam whereas the Bayern players were running all over the pitch. Ok, you could argue that Milan have old players, but still it was a great factor.

In our second leg, we had a number of injuries and had to play players out of position... I believe Lell even played as a left midfielder, the furthest position from where he's used to play!

MrLinky wrote:Obviously the fitness is a vital factor in a successful season as well.But I just dont see it as important as I see other factors I mentioned earlier.Certainly not as important that you would have to set the break that long for that "advantage".

Not going to quote everything because it's a bit long. Basically, fitness is a factor, an important one too. You don't win competitions with tactics alone, and you don't win competitions with fitness alone, but there's no arguing that the fitness is an advantage... and if we reduce that, we're obviously going to be hit hard.

And Germany lost to Italy because of their cheeky, sneaky tactics before the match even started by getting Frings suspended. Germany could have won the match with Frings on the pitch.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:38 pm

Less than 2 hours left. I can hardly wait!
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MrLinky » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:58 pm

MUTU wrote:I disagree. I remember that 2nd leg where our players were constantly under pressure. One of our player gets to the ball, and he's immediately swamped by the Zenit players. At the start of the match I was thinking... they can't keep this up for the full 90 minutes, we're going to be all over them at the end when they would have completely run out of steam.

You dont lose_4-0_at a stage like that of the UEFA-Cup just because of the fitness.

MUTU wrote:Real were in a bad period, but we were in the worst period in several years. I've forgotten the last time Bayern were 4th in the Bundesliga!

Bayern in the CL that year was a total different deal compared to Bayern in the BL.We even managed to beat Inter away in Milan that year , and as we all know they went on to become Serie A champions that year.

MUTU wrote:Again, with our worst squad in years, we completely dominated Milan for the last 15 minutes of the 1st leg, in San Siro.

We dominated them ? :shock: Thats not how I remember it.Both of our goals were scored from set pieces by van Buyten , and we just got tremendously lucky to get a draw out of that match.But even if the longer rest time is such a big advantage , why didnt our bench players get some of that advantage too and didnt manage to at least score a goal and not give up so easily.I dont remember us having a single good chance to score in that match , no pressure produced by our players at all.

MUTU wrote:but there's no arguing that the fitness is an advantage... and if we reduce that, we're obviously going to be hit hard.

You can obviously argue and have different points of view about the matches you mentioned (except the 2 Milan matches , cause they were simply better in every aspect in both legs).But the facts are that no German club has been in the semi-final of the CL in 6 years , the only German club that even made the quarter-final's except Bayern in the last 6 years was Schalke last season.And Bayern is the only German club to have made the semi's of the UEFA-Cup in the last 6 years.So there really shouldnt be any talk of "its an advantage and we're gonna be hit hard if we reduce the long break" , cause it simply wasnt an advantage.The decision to shorten the break was already made by the DFL , so guess the guys that really know a little something about German football dont see it as an advantage either , otherwise they would have kept it , wouldnt they ? :wink:
It just got us out of rhythm , how do you explain those results in European competitions if the physcial advantage due to the longer break benefits the German clubs so much ?
And you keep mentioning only Bayern(-games) , other German clubs had the same long break too.Why didnt one single German club make a real impact in a European competition in the last decade except Leverkusen with such a huge advantage ?

Anyway guess we can continue this discussion in some other thread.It seems like all the Stuttgart players that were a doubt before the match have recovered , except Cacau.It should be a hard Cup-fight , which we're hopefully gonna win.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBinNYC » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:00 pm

I'm pleased to see that Hamburg vs 1860 is on before the big game, gives me something to do.

I absolutely want to see Breno today, even at right back where he played well against Mainz, but I don't see it happening. I think Oddo will play since he's out for the next three Bundesliga games because of that red card. Kroos is unfortunately not up to fitness yet, so no chance of seeing him. I think the only questions are: Schweini or Altintop? And when does Donovan come in? I hope all three of them see at least 20 minutes. I can't wait to see what the nationwide Landon-haters say over here after he bags two more today. "Oh it was only the German Cup blah blah blah...." :lol:

Why is it that after all these weeks, the last two hours seem the longest?
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:19 pm

I really dont wanna see Lell tonight as RB.I am really hoping that Klinsmann suddenly decidedes to put Hamit on that position , he has showed that he can do really well in that position in the EC last year.But he's probably not intenting to do that , he would have tried him in the friendlies on that position if he really had wasted a time on that thought.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby thulkazal » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:17 pm

SUPERB WIN
just owned stuttgart couldnt get the ball first 30 min rofl
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:43 pm

MrLinky wrote:I really dont wanna see Lell tonight as RB.

I think Lell had quite an ok match.

Great win for us! One for the history books :)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MrLinky » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:01 pm

Yea Lell did great tonight , just like the rest of the squad.What a win to start off the second part of the season.Ironically the teams in lower leagues are the ones that bother us a bit in the Cup (4-3 against Braunschweig I think it was) , but we demolish the team that supposedly is (almost) on equal terms with us. :D
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby MrLinky » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:23 pm

Here are tonight's goals: http://livevideos08.blogspot.com/
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby FCBinNYC » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:25 pm

That. Was. Awesome! Talk about great defense. And it's always nice to see Lehmann get clowned. What was that shit-talking he was up to with Landon? I guess I'd be salty if I'd let in 5 goals too... :lol: I'm glad I wore my Schweini jersey, he was great today! Good game, bring on Hamburg!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Eritina » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:35 pm

Great job! 8) The next will be Hamburg and then - Werder :D
Eritina
Getting the hang of it

Postby reiniksrobis » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:41 pm

Eritina wrote:Great job! 8) The next will be Hamburg and then - Werder :D

Seen Ribery funny penalty miss? :D :mrgreen: :D

Yeah, great win, Stuttgart was lucky not to lose by 6 or 7 goals :D

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Tomas » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:47 pm

Great match!
What happened to all the match posts? Were they cleaned out?
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby walter » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:05 am

FCBinNYC wrote:That. Was. Awesome! Talk about great defense. And it's always nice to see Lehmann get clowned. What was that shit-talking he was up to with Landon? I guess I'd be salty if I'd let in 5 goals too... :lol: I'm glad I wore my Schweini jersey, he was great today! Good game, bring on Hamburg!

That was Lehmann giving Landon a nice welcome back to Bundesliga talk... :mrgreen: the cool thing is that Landon was smiling like a kid with new toy after that, I guess he felt acknowledged...

Great game! I would say Ze Roberto was the best player today, certainly the engine of the team and it would be stupid to let him go at the end of the season...
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

PreviousNext

Return to DFB-Pokal