You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-08-20] SSV Jahn Regensburg vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:30 pm

SSV Jahn Regensburg will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
4%
Bayern Munich will win
96%

Total votes : 24

Re: [2012-08-20] SSV Jahn Regensburg vs Bayern Munich

Postby MoFattal » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:42 pm

MUTU wrote:
There were some Man Utd fans in the bar as well and everybody agreed it was as clear as crystal. Heck, the offender tore chunks of lawn as well in his tackle.

First, Utd fans will defintely say it is a clear penalty. After all, the only thing that kept them in the title hunt last season was Young's not-so-worldclass diving antiques. :D

Second, the offender did tear a chunck of lawn, but did so without a hair touch on Muller :P
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby BayernLove » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:47 pm

Yahya wrote:
Franck Ribery wrote:

4:11 Have a bad feeling about that face he's making :lol:

That 'stache is seductive, hell, even I'm convinced to do that ass!
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Element » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:50 pm

MUTU wrote:
quaazi wrote:Yeah, top-quality Ribery-class dive. Someone oughta smack him in the head for it.

???

There were some Man Utd fans in the bar as well and everybody agreed it was as clear as crystal. Heck, the offender tore chunks of lawn as well in his tackle.

I need to see a replay of it if you guys are so convinced, because while I watched it I had no doubts.

From first sight it is a clear PK
but on Replay,it was a dive
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby quaazi » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:55 pm

Yeah, and Müller was a solid foot away from the tackle. It was pretty pathetic, and you know whose fan I am of.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby BayernLove » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:55 pm

It would've convinced a Spanish/Italian ref, though.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:32 pm

Element wrote:From first sight it is a clear PK
but on Replay,it was a dive

Yeah I agree. From the replay it doesn't look like the defender ever touched Muller.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:37 pm

I hate that from our players. Ribery, Robben and Müller dive too much and they seem to be looking for the penalty instead of the goal
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Jorge » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:56 pm

Man of the match: Shaq
Flop of the match: Robben

Badstuber-Boateng showed why they were the best defensive partnership in the Bundesliga and Champions League last season. They should be starters in all high profile games with Dante rotating in less important games.
Both Lahm and Can executed well. Give Can a few games and JH will have a good headache when Alaba comes back: who will have the upper hand? But being both young and able to play different position there should be plenty of opportunities for both to play.
Kroos-Gustavo controlled easily the midfield, Gustavo doing the clean up behind Kroos's back and giving him the freedom for distribution. Kroos covered a lot of ground, dictated transitions, had more touches on the ball than anyone else, secured retention and put an array of penetrating passes, including picking up Ribery on the edge of the area for the opening goal.
Ribery was average, he strangled himself many times over-dribbling against 2 or 3 defenders and got lucky for the goal assist as he picked up a rebound after losing the ball.
Robben from mediocre to invisible lacked pace, positioning and horrible passing disconnected from the team.
Muller was a beast in the upper 1/4, especially when Robben was out and he could operate closer to the line. Had quite a few dangerous penetrating runs and even better crosses, more importantly stretched their defense creating space for Shaq's passes and runs.
Mansu did not have a good first 45 despite of the goal but found the rhythm easily since the start of the 2nd half. El Pizza re-opened his scoring account for Bayern, he was brought to do that and he proved he can do it.
I expect that Robben continues to redefine himself as a team player as we saw in a few pre-season games, otherwise Bayern will have some difficult games this season.
Shaq showed what he is worth, when he sees the ball he owns the ball, regardless if it is to pass it, hold it or shoot it. He reads the game so well in high traffic that I wander if he is that No.10 than many here claim we need.
Schweinsteiger is slowly but surely regaining his form, his touch is there: world class execution. His field vision is intact and I will give him time coming as a sub and in a few weeks he once again will own any game.
Good 2nd half –the opposite to the game vs Dortmund- with a first half where we struggled trying to open their two staggered defensive lines, in such scenario we need to overflow on the wings and unfortunately too often Ribery dribbles his way in diagonally and Robben cuts inside always. We can fix Ribery’s side easily when Alaba comes back doing overlapping runs, on Robben’s side unfortunately it will be harder as he seldom passes Lahm when this one makes a move on his back.
I hope JH goes into a rotation mode and there are no fixed starters until 3-4 weeks into the season. We have some chemistry to build still.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:09 pm

I agree with most of what you said Jorge. Some points I disagree with:

"JH will have a good headache when Alaba comes back" - Can is a very talented midfielder and he's also been decent at LB, but Alaba is miles ahead of him, and in the LB position so is Contento. Alaba should be our primary LB without question, and Contento should get lots of playing time while Alaba rests or plays in a different position. Can should get most of his playing time in CM or CAM, although I wouldn't mind seeing him at LB against someone like Greuther Furth.

Kroos needs to have more of an impact on the game. Last season he was better as a CM then he has been so far this summer.
He also needs to start taking a few more long shots (not only him but several other players as well) because he used to be great at those, and they could make Bayern much more dangerous.

Ribery's assist was incredible, I wouldn't say it was lucky.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:23 pm

Alaba was in a league of his own against REAL MADRID for 179 minutes. And that other minute wasn't really his fault either. No way in hell we have anyone who can play that position as good as him.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Jorge » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:45 pm

quaazi wrote:Alaba was in a league of his own against REAL MADRID for 179 minutes. And that other minute wasn't really his fault either. No way in hell we have anyone who can play that position as good as him.

I do not disagree. The only thing I am saying is that Alaba is still two months out (rehab time + finding his rhythm into the game again) and in that time you never know how much Can will improve. As Can Alaba is not a LB by trade, he is a left winger and very often used as a Central Mid for Austria. Do not forget that Alaba at Can's age was given a chance to play as LB and screwed a couple of big games for us, the same way he broke through with world class performances last season can happen to Can.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby MoFattal » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:45 pm

Jorge, you made a lot of implications from a game against an extremely mediocre side man :P Good comment though. I differ with you on some points though:

1. Boateng-Badstuber may be our best pairing when it comes to season games and CL weak matched, however I personally don't want it in high-profile matches as we all know how this turnoued out last season.

2. Kroos-Gustavo cannot be judged against an opponent possibly not even fielding a midfield line-up. Given that, they had one hell of a boring/indifferent performance.

3. Can is not a LB. And if he were, he woulnd't be good enough there for Regensburg. The guy is born to be a midfielder, and a top-class one too.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Jorge » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:54 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote: Kroos needs to have more of an impact on the game. Last season he was better as a CM then he has been so far this summer.
He also needs to start taking a few more long shots (not only him but several other players as well) because he used to be great at those, and they could make Bayern much more dangerous. .

Kroos is taking a lot of unnecessary bashing in this forum. He had an outstanding performance yesterday and it takes one of his detractors to air some inaccurate observation and a whole legion follows. You want Kroos to take more shots on goal? What about Robben and Ribery who play higher on the field? The stats do not lie: Kroos as CDM shoots more on goal than Gustavo and Schweinsteiger, so why do we give a free pass to some and not the other?
FCBayernMunchen wrote: Ribery's assist was incredible, I wouldn't say it was lucky.

The croos was high quality (incredible) the fact he kept possession to make the cross was pure luck, he lost the ball and it bounced back to his feet at random, watch the replay. But you have a point, football is made of luck too. Did you ever hear from a coach the phrase: "the more you try the luckier you get"
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby MaCk0y » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:00 pm

Jorge should be the assistant/analyst to Heynckes. :P
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:07 pm

MoFattal wrote:1. Boateng-Badstuber may be our best pairing when it comes to season games and CL weak matched, however I personally don't want it in high-profile matches as we all know how this turnoued out last season.

2. Kroos-Gustavo cannot be judged against an opponent possibly not even fielding a midfield line-up. Given that, they had one hell of a boring/indifferent performance.

3. Can is not a LB. And if he were, he woulnd't be good enough there for Regensburg. The guy is born to be a midfielder, and a top-class one too.

1. High profile games: Manchester City, Real Madrid.... Obviously you have Dortmund and Monchengladbach to make your case but I will point my finger to a half dozen players before I do to Bads-Boateng.

2. That's the game we are discussing here right? How can two defensive mids make a game attractive? As far as I watched Gustavo clean quickly any threat going forward and Kroos held the ball well and make interesting diagonal passes, that's more attractive to me than Robben losing every ball he touches. The point is: why a free pass to Robben and so much bashing to Kroos?
3. Can? Agree he is a CDM, but do you really think he will have too many chances on the center in the next two seasons? The only thing I am saying is that he can play LB and he can be good at it. You just said it: he started yesterday there.

Good comments
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

PreviousNext

Return to DFB-Pokal