You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2010-03-24] Schalke 04vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

Result

Poll ended at Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:50 pm

Bayern Go through
50%
Schalke 04 Goes Through
50%

Total votes : 12

Re: [2010-03-24] Schalke 04vs Bayern Munich

Postby sch0ll7 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:22 pm

All I can say good job boys:)

They really played good and with 100% concentration...

We did not make mistakes in defense besides one or two bad calls from Contento.
Butt was great so was DVB, Badstuber and Lahm. No mistakes...that is what I want to see in next games!

Schweini was great in defending...outstanding noone can deny that...he had some misplaced passes but that was because of the pitch.
MVB did his job and I could not believe my eyes when he sprinted back in 115th minute...It looks like he is not that old and can still run.

Our offense was bad only bright spot was Robben and Ribery when he had the ball...
Klose was not seen for great periods of the game...he did nothing and very bad first touch in this game...he had few chances and could have score but was just not in form today.
Muller was doing bad for 90 minutes...they closed him totally..he had some free space in extra time.
Ribery played solid match and we could see he was playing better than in previous matches...and dribbled and was hungry for goal...he could have scored 1 or 2.
Olic had great game today and we can see what he brings our team...he was better than Klose and Muller until he got substituted.

In the end we were better and we deserved to win.
We had control over whole 120 mins...you cant see that all the time...and we did that in their home fortress...our players showed they can play 100% concentrated in big matches and I hope we continue in next couple of weeks.

Berlin here we come:D
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:28 pm

I told that like 123402 times. Müller can't be a starter here. He doesn't suck but he is not good enough.

And next year we'll need a new striker because our strikers (Gomiss, Klose.......) don't score very much. Against ManU we'll have to trust in Robben or Ribery because our strikers are going to suck once again.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby shpati_L1 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:29 pm

Anyone saw when Robben dribbled past 3-4 players and won a corner and then started laughing.
I was laughing my ass off :lol:
shpati_L1
2012/13 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby EQ Kimball » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:48 pm

Klose was AWESOME first half, then died down 2nd half. 1000x better than Gomiss.

Provided 2 sick assists, one to Robben's great miss/Neuer great save. Also would have scored if Olic left it for him. Olic and Muller and Ribbery missed quite a bit, Ribbery made some super CRAP passes too.

Game was good, Schalke played hard defense.
Join the Milk movement
EQ Kimball
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:55 pm

I think that the field was like that on purpose. They wanted to stop Robbery with that shitty grass. I'm happy that we beat a great team with a very solid deffense in their home, but i'm worried about our lack of goals in the last weeks
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby README » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:05 am

Sorry but in recent games our strikers have been completly shit, and the only answer is...........................................................GOMEZ is injured and we do need him
README

Postby garrincha1982 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:37 am

I think bayern have a much better defence but apart from robbery,lahm,bastian then werder are better for me and i think this game will yet again show why marin and ozil are much better than muller can ever be.

It is pretty clear that if bayern leave space at the back that werder will be able to exploit that so i hope to see ribery play down the middle where he seems to be more effective and does most of his best work since being back with the team and that would also save him from exhausting himself tracking which despite trying you can tell is not his favourite past time.

I think that playing olic or muller up front would be better than playing klose who is more and more looking like raul every time i watch him,no pace,strength,movement or even touch.

Olic would at least offer movement and harass the defenders whereas muller can do certain things right even if he isn't having a good game so.
garrincha1982
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby garrincha1982 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:48 am

I would be happy to see bayern play without a striker against man utd but play both ribery and robben in advance positions so they cannot be easily marked like he has been the case in a lot of matches this year.

My formation would be as follows:

1 butt

2 Lahm 3 van buyten 4 demichelis 5 bastuber

6 van bommel 7 tymo

8 olic 9 ribery 10 muller

11 robben.

Why this formation you would ask,it is very simple you need to make sure you stop man utd from scoring and having players like robbery in those positions would make fletcher and even carrick be less willing to venture forward in fear of not being able to catch up with robbery but playing olic and muller on the wings would give the support you need to your full backs to combat the threat of united wingers in nani and valencia.

but also it is pretty clear that both ribery and robben are not the best at tracking even when they tried,i think that them not having to do so would have them saving their energies in which being able to still be very effective near the end of the game but also none of your strikers has shown to have the magic touch in front of goals so they won't be missed that much.

So with them up there they could try and work their magic as it seems that robben only trusts ribery anytime he has the ball so i could see them working together to make something happen but also the pace of the united defence is not the best as vidic has been done so many times by torres and ferdinand is a shadow of the player he was 2 years ago.
garrincha1982
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:17 am

Garrincha...if you havent noticed we are playing like that...Ribery and RObben never track back...but that is why Muller, Olic and Gomez/Klose are tracking back...when we are defending Ribery and Robben stay up front...it is nothing new.

README i agree with you...we need Gomez to come back...
why?
Because when he is in the game we have a lot more movement and a lot more chances...he opens space and cooperates with teamates while Klose can be anonymous for whole match like today.
Gomez always finds space to play...how many times have you seen today that Klose lowers the ball down to our players? 0- null- none- zero times...Gomez is always the first players pass in attack and he knows how to play one and distribute to flanks or back to open space.
Olic is doing that good enough and a lot better than Klose...we saw that today when he received the ball on the flanks and was dangerous while klose was anonimous for whole match.

Kimball i did agree that Gomez is not world class but you cant say Klose is better:)..like someone mentioned he is like Raul these days...out of date.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby EQ Kimball » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:20 am

LMFAO @ the thought that Gomez does anything remotely constructive in the game.

We'll see what Gomiss will do when he comes back. Klose >>>>>>

Did you catch his sick passes today? Not to mention he's playing as a lone striker. The world cup will also prove me right, it's a matter of time.
Join the Milk movement
EQ Kimball
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:22 am

README wrote:Sorry but in recent games our strikers have been completly shit, and the only answer is...........................................................GOMEZ is injured and we do need him

You should try some stand-up comedy shows
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby garrincha1982 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:52 am

but i am talking about it from the start because then the opposite teams wouldn't even think about attacking so much in numbers.

Gomez might find space but it is what he does when he finds it and most times he ever falls because of his clumsiness or badly handle the ball with his very poor touches for a 30m euros striker a quality he shares with muller.

Ribery and robben don't track back yes but if they are playing on the wings you would expect them to and i am sure you would be kicking at your tv for them to do so,so if they playing in positions where they don't have to but can affect the game a lot more because of their pace,directness and creativity then i am all for it.

You need to remember the first leg is almost always a decider against man utd and bayern must win or at least stop them from scoring and with the way i have placed your players i think you should be able to contend with them and hope for some magical moments from robbery.
garrincha1982
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby walter » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:53 am

i think this game will yet again show why marin and ozil are much better than muller can ever be.

I agree, especially Marin has been in great form recently.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby nur4bayern » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:21 am

Overall a good effort from Bayern. We completely dominated Schalke in the first half, only Kuranyi seemed to be ready to go for them. Olic missed an easy shot set up by Robben at the 6 min mark and had it not been for a huge save by Neuer, Robben would have scored at the 10 min mark. It was clear LvG had the boys ready to play today and I was very pleased with the entire team during the first half.
I wasn't suprised that Schalke came out strong in the second half, I'm sure Magath gave them a stern lecture at halftime. I liked the fact that Schweini tried to wake up the team by playing really aggressively about 10min into the second half. His yellow card against Farfan was a professional foul as Farfan would have had too much open space in our defensive third. Kuranyi and Rakitic had good chances for them during those early stages of the second half but Butt was strong and we didn't make any glaring defensive mistakes. It wasn't until Ribery came on in the 62min that Bayern starting playing better. Muller, who I thought was invisible up to that point, played better once Ribery came onto the pitch.
Going into overtime I was hopeful that we would win without having to go to PK's. Klose came very close to scoring as did Schweini before Robben's absolutely sick move on Westerman set up the game winner. Too bad Ribery did add another goal at the end, that would have been nice.

I believe we have a very good chance against Werder in the Pokal final. As for the near future, I still feel we can beat ManU in the CL and with both Schalke and Leverkusen having tough matches this week, I think we'll finally widen the gap in the BL.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby eddinanM3 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:25 am

Ribery and Robben are going to pull Man United's defenders out of position there is no doubt about that in anyones mind, but it is that final pass that they make into the box that we have to capitolize on and finish! Klose, Muller and Olic need to get on the same page with Robbery and make those short passes and give and goes work in the box area because that is the ONLY reason we are scoring fewer goals right now.
eddinanM3
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to DFB-Pokal